• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    O another that I have is when I am talking to another kid about guns and he starts saying facts that he only know from CALL OF DUTY.

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    People that cannot keep their firearm pointed in a safe direction when I am at a range...

If you are unsafe enough to make me fearful of firearms, you are doing it wrong.

This. I hate it when people sweep you and literally don't even realize they've done it. Sometimes it's in a holster, or their finger is off the trigger, or it's locked back, so in their mind it's just as safe as can be. Yeah, uh, except if you accidentally zing off a round it's going through my liver. Empty guns kill people every day.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Folks using the slide STOP on a 1911 as a slide RELEASE. Not designed for that... (being a guy that has built several!!)

Clips for mags (NOT interchangeable)

Assault rifles for sport utility rifles

People calling them "lolli pop sights", I ain't gonna lick my gun...

People that call night sights (true ones) "night sighters"

People that call a magazine by it's proper name, but then call a .22 magazine a clip. :D

People that wear sock with sandals to the range or use a briefcase as a range bag.

People that bring cheap guns to the range, then are horrified that they jam up.

People that bring Ultramax lead ammo, gunshow reloads (like Brass Kings) then are shocked to have feed issues.

People that collect brass but do not reload, then want to start fights with you based on the fact that they are taking YOUR brass that you reload.

People that keep screwing with a gun after you told them two times to not do so when range is called cold, then get mad when you chew them out after the first two times being polite.

People throwing the term "tack driver" around when their target looks like a drunk monkey with a subgun attacked it at 7 yards.

Being a range officer, I could go all day... :D :D

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    Folks using the slide STOP on a 1911 as a slide RELEASE. Not designed for that... (being a guy that has built several!!)

Clips for mags (NOT interchangeable)

People that wear sock with sandals to the range or use a briefcase as a range bag.

Ok, so I didn't know that my bi pod would be that short when I ordered it online, and didn't put it on until I got to the range...Does it make a difference that it's a carbon fiber case?:):

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

True enough. Polishing the slide stop notch, is never a great idea.
    (And that's what forcing metal to rub metal does...every time you press that lever to force the release of the slide...)

WillyUSMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Video gamers who think they know crap about guns by pressing buttons on a controller. That ticks me off greatly. Shooters are marketed to too young of children.

I recently went shooting with some guys and had a "gamer" in the group. He knew everything about "M16's" from playing Call of Duty so when the AR15 he was shooting jammed and he couldn't figure it out, I stood behind him screaming " Just hit X and it will clear out"....he didn't find the humor that me and everyone else did. Other than that I get annoyed by folks who get all bent out of shape about technical terms and such. Yes its a mag and not a clip but if someone says clip I know what they mean and I certainly won't lose any sleep over it.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Ok, so I didn't know that my bi pod would be that short when I ordered it online, and didn't put it on until I got to the range...Does it make a difference that it's a carbon fiber case?:):

lol, we get some real bad ones... like Crown Royal bags for pistol rugs... :D

And more ruckuss!
    Guys teaching their wimmin folks to shoot with an Airweight or subcompact pistol. Seriously, is that how YOU learned? Idiot...

Guys that think that an Airweight or pocket .380 is all the wimmin folks need to have. Once again, idiot. Is that all YOU need?

Folks that buy the NCStar holo sight, then get riled up when it doesn't work or breaks after 100 rounds.

No one ever reads, they put cilantro on everything.

Thumbs behind the slide: Usually a self correcting mistake and I will help them out medically if needed, but when someone gives me a firm "*&^$ you" after reminding them about it, then come crying for a band aid, "*&^$ you" in return buddy.

Folks that ask for tools for adjusting sights with low and left hits at 7 yards and groups the size of a basket ball. Learn to shoot, then bother me for tools.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    True enough. Polishing the slide stop notch, is never a great idea.
    (And that's what forcing metal to rub metal does...every time you press that lever to force the release of the slide...)

Hit it on the head: It's a friction piece, wearing it will damage it, not make it better.

SOME guns, not all, are just not designed to do that!! :xmad: Gotta love HKs though, they close the slide for you when you put in a mag. :D

Top Bottom