• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Me too. It's either a pistol or revolver, but both are handguns. Also I would say that just general legal ignorance. The whole OC "You can't do that! It has to be concealed!" thing probably annoys me the most. I am by no means an IC guru, but I do make sure to know what is and isn't legal.
    I had to look that one up. I really had no idea that a revolver is not a type of pistol. Thanks for straightening me out.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Another pet peeve I have is with people who think they know everything about guns and are experts in all kinds of gun related subjects.
    They will never agree that they are wrong about something, even if it's obvious that you know better than them.
    And they will never agree that they can learn things they dont know from you.
    It's not just about firearms I guess, those people who know everything about guns usually know everything about everything.
    You can have shot a gun that they never shot but still they will know better than you about the recoil or the trigger pull.

I have no problem telling that I dont know many things about guns, I know more than a few people but less than many.
    Im still learning all the time, and that's fun.
    I have no problem saying that I never heard of a certain type of gun, that im not an expert on every caliber ever made, that im not the best shot out there or that sometimes I just say something tottaly wrong about guns.
    But I cant stand the guy who's never wrong (whene he's obviously wrong) and that cant take a joke about him being wrong.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I know that guy.
    When he was 19, he did a goose in Laos from a thousand yards out. It was a rifle shot in high wind.
    Maybe eight or even ten guys in the world could have made that shot. It's the only thing he was ever good at.

:twocents:
    When people say "X number of people in the world could have made that shot" like you could know the answer to that. I'm pretty sure, for example, that many governments keep their best snipers a secret. My nephew is a big deal in a certain branch of the armed forces as was my step brother, and I know for a fact the government didn't publicize everything they were good at. If you do you make them a target.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    This may not constitute as a pet-peeve, but I hate that I recently found out that there are air soft guns made by or named after real firearms. I was recently talking to a buddy about my recently acquired Sig P226 Elite Stainless and this younger guy over heard and joined the conversation. He brings up all the different variations that he has and all these features, features that I've never heard of. I find myself sitting there with a blank stare. I start thinking I thought I had a pretty good handle on this model, as its my favorite handgun. I'm sitting there ready to start taking notes. How cab I not know this stuff that this kid is talking about.

Finally my buddy chimes in and says oh, you're talking about airport. He's like yeah, then gets a look like what else would I be talking about? I finally shake out of it and say were talking about the real thing.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Being German it is pronounced Valt-her.

Walter is acceptable, but not Wall-ther.

There is no THHH sound in the German language.

Why is messing up one of the sounds acceptable but the other is not? Seems arbitrary. Of course if it were not arbitrary, it wouldn't be a pet peeve.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Mine is when you get a new gun at your gun shop and the stranger next to you at the counter starts to tell you why you were stupid to buy that gun. Happens more than think.

Just look at the guy and say "well I have 1 of everything else, this is the last one I needed. It's like potato chips ya know?". Turn your back and leave him confused.:n00b:

Ter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Pekin / Washington Co.
    I had to look that one up. I really had no idea that a revolver is not a type of pistol. Thanks for straightening me out.

When it comes to a "cowboy sidearm" I consider both terms correct.
    Sam Colt, who's given credit for creating the first really practical revolver called it a revolving pistol.

colt1870s.jpg

Colt ad from the 1870's

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    yeah he probably had to switch to pygmy chipmunks:D

Yes, he was a real.........................................................
    ................... Lethal Weapon............

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    My pet peeve is all the incorrect and outlandish firearms information that people learn by watching Hollywood movies. Things such as:

-- When hit by handgun rounds, the person is lifted off their feet and slammed into a wall.

-- When hit by ANY caliber bullet, the victim immediately falls down dead.

-- Bad guys are by definition, terrible shots.

-- Conversely, good guys can hit a moving target at 75 yards with a hand held revolver and open sights.

-- When guys repeatedly cycle the slide on their pistols during a shootout.

-- The never-ending handgun magazines....35+ rounds without reloading!

-- When the soundtrack has a cycling slide and the hero is using a revolver...:n00b:

And the list goes on and on.......

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom