• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Yeah, let's just disband big brothers and all the other mentoring programs.
    It is not the fact of the age difference, to me it is the ages that seem strange. When I was 15 I was wanting to do things that did not include hanging out with an 8 year old, when I was 18 I was doing things that did not include hanging out with a 11 year old. I have a young son and call me paranoid but I would be suspicious. Then again this is also the reason none of my children will ever participate in boy or girl scouts.
    Some of the other posters talking about going to jail for what they would do, what jury would convict you? IMO you could take that POS outside, make him bite the curb and stomp his teeth out his neck and I would come back with a not guilty. Child molesters cannot be rehabilitated.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    Anyone else bothered by the fact this guy had some kid who was much older spending a lot of unsupervised time with his child for years before it was finally stumbled upon by accident? I'm glad he whooped the dude's tail, but he's not on my father-of-the-year list.

I hung out with pretty much all 18 year olds when I was about 12-13. They were my friends' older brother and his friends. I just had more in common with them. I grew up with older brothers that were 6 and 8 years older than me.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It is not the fact of the age difference, to me it is the ages that seem strange. When I was 15 I was wanting to do things that did not include hanging out with an 8 year old, when I was 18 I was doing things that did not include hanging out with a 11 year old. I have a young son and call me paranoid but I would be suspicious. Then again this is also the reason none of my children will ever participate in boy or girl scouts.
    Some of the other posters talking about going to jail for what they would do, what jury would convict you? IMO you could take that POS outside, make him bite the curb and stomp his teeth out his neck and I would come back with a not guilty. Child molesters cannot be rehabilitated.
    LOL, isn't that saying the same thing?

I get the concern. I really do. I'm not saying I wouldn't think twice about it. But in the absence of any other reason to think the older child is a threat, why would one think he was? Just because he's older?

We know nothing of the circumstances of the family. Or the societal situation in which the boys are growing up? Was the older child the son of a family friend? Was he a complete stranger who just happened into their lives? Are those two boys the only ones on the block who didn't participate in criminal/thug behavior and latched on to each other for moral support and safety in numbers?

Three years might be a bit long for a father not to realize something was up. But there is precious little information to make any kind of rational conclusion.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    LOL, isn't that saying the same thing?

Not if you read the next sentence. It is not the 7 year age difference that I am talking about, it is the fact that from 15 and 18 I would not have been interested in hanging out with a kid 7 years younger. I was much more interested in cars, girls, and partying. However now at 36 I am much more likely to be found playing wii U mario or Mario Kart 8 with my 5 year old.
    My opinions are based off my life experience. I am saying I would have been very suspicious of the situation.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I'm really afraid I would not have stopped. Certain people don't deserve prison, they deserve death. Period. I'm not sure that guy is not one of those people.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yeah, let's just disband big brothers and all the other mentoring programs.

Your suggestion, not mine. Was this person involved in Big Brothers? I just think it's weird for an 8yo to hang out with a 15yo a lot. Certainly gives a parent pause to see a story like this and refocus on the people we allow around our kids.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Your suggestion, not mine. Was this person involved in Big Brothers? I just think it's weird for an 8yo to hang out with a 15yo a lot. Certainly gives a parent pause to see a story like this and refocus on the people we allow around our kids.
    Why is it weird?

Since when did our society become so age segregated that this is not only considered abnormal, but questionably criminal?

There's room for a comment on the artificiality created by government schools here but I'll refrain.

Top Bottom