Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Starting Kinder gardeners cross dressing and teaching about oral and anal sex in grade school is straight down the middle of the road, I suppose.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No, I don't. Universities sure, but they don't make up the whole of the educational system.

California overhauls sex education guidance for teachers

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California has overhauled its sex education guidance for public school teachers, encouraging them to talk about gender identity with kindergartners and give advice to LGBT teenagers for navigating relationships and having safe sex.

LGBT advocates praised the new recommendations for giving attention to a community that is often left out of sex education policies. But some parents and conservative groups assailed the more than 700-page document as an assault on parental rights, arguing it exposes children to ideas about sexuality and gender that should be taught at home.

Teachers and students push for climate change education

Climate change falls under the core ideas for middle and high school students in the Next Generation Science Standards, new standards adopted by the state in 2013. Environmental Principles and Concepts are also included in the California Science Framework, which provides guidance for teachers on how to implement the new science standards. These principles cover broad topics such as how humans depend on and influence natural systems and by law must be integrated into state-recommended textbooks and instructional materials.

Schools are encouraged to teach environmental literacy, which by definition includes climate change, according to state law. The Education Code does not mandate that schools teach it, however. But because climate change is in the state standards, and California’s state science test is aligned to those standards, climate change could appear on the statewide science assessment.

Personally, I do recall my high school in Indiana teaching "global warming" alarmist stuff.

To be fair, and perhaps because it was in Indiana... I also had some obviously right-leaning teachers. One was very pro-war against bin Laden. One was pro-conspiracy on other topics like the moon landing. Though those aren't necessarily party-line issues.

I think it'd be more accurate to say that school today has policies in-place that right-leaning people disagree with... stuff with regards to bullying, sexuality, tolerance, inclusiveness. Would that be more fair to say?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If the lunchroom serves tenderloin sandwiches, it is a conservative school.

If the lunchroom has served kale at any time in the last 100 years, it is liberal.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If the lunchroom serves tenderloin sandwiches, it is a conservative school.

If the lunchroom has served kale at any time in the last 100 years, it is liberal.

Mine had Chik-fil-a one day of the week...

tenor.gif

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Some people are oblivious to what is being taught in public schools. I guess they don't participate in any threads here on INGO beside the impeachment malarkey thread.

They are obviously jaded by TDS confirmation bias.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Some people are oblivious to what is being taught in public schools. I guess they don't participate in any threads here on INGO beside the impeachment malarkey thread.

They are obviously jaded by TDS confirmation bias.

Hell there was just one last week about Hendricks county school banning free speech on Facebook. Doesn’t take 5 seconds on google to see schools are practicing liberal views all over the country, even in conservative states like Indiana schools.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    California overhauls sex education guidance for teachers

Teachers and students push for climate change education

Personally, I do recall my high school in Indiana teaching "global warming" alarmist stuff.

To be fair, and perhaps because it was in Indiana... I also had some obviously right-leaning teachers. One was very pro-war against bin Laden. One was pro-conspiracy on other topics like the moon landing. Though those aren't necessarily party-line issues.

I think it'd be more accurate to say that school today has policies in-place that right-leaning people disagree with... stuff with regards to bullying, sexuality, tolerance, inclusiveness. Would that be more fair to say?

How times have changed... When I was in high school we were being warned of the impending "New Ice Age" (which was the liberal cause celebre back then). And my high school physics teacher debunked the "fake moon landing" stuff, explaining that even amateur HAM radio enthusiasts could triangulate the transmissions from the astronauts to NASA and figure out that the communications were indeed coming from the moon.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    How times have changed... When I was in high school we were being warned of the impending "New Ice Age" (which was the liberal cause celebre back then). And my high school physics teacher debunked the "fake moon landing" stuff, explaining that even amateur HAM radio enthusiasts could triangulate the transmissions from the astronauts to NASA and figure out that the communications were indeed coming from the moon.
    This.

That is because they actually landed a repeater.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Okay I'm gonna just come right out and say it... I actually LIKED the pizza they served us in grade school. True story! :):

The pizza and pizza burgers were the only school lunch I liked.

My Elementary school made everything homemade, pizza was the best.
    After I got to high school the food sucked. My Grandkids are going to the same schools, they said the food is really bad now

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My Elementary school made everything homemade, pizza was the best.
    After I got to high school the food sucked. My Grandkids are going to the same schools, they said the food is really bad now
    Our high school and elementary school served the same lunches. In elementary school they would pass out a lunch menu at the start of the week that showed what was for lunch that week, and I’d always check my nephews menu to see if pizza day was coming up. Only difference was high school had vending machines, so I usually got a bag of skittles and went to the gym to play basketball during lunch.

Damn I miss school.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom