• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Of course not. Do you think he found people in Harlem without ID?

I truly doubt he found significant numbers, if any. The people without ID are likely not walking the streets where an ID is need just for general life.

Kut must really be upset by the Indiana law requiring an ID to drink in a bar or buy a six-pack...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Don't know about anyone else but my pre-retirement job required a copy of a valid government issued photo id, SS card, copy of my college transcripts, pass a drug screen and a criminal background check and that was in 1986. I decided that sitting around the house wasn't all that good for me so I picked up a part time job recently, they required a copy of a valid government issued id, copy a my SS card, pass a drug screen and a criminal background check, all that for a 2 say week job at a local store. So... for me, complying with the requirements to vote is a piece of cake.

True story. After high school I got a job in a machine shop in Indy. Was there a couple years and they hired a Hispanic guy. Nice guy. He worked there a week and the boss came out to talk to the foreman about him. Foreman came and told me about their conversation, the Hispanic was here illegally and when they was putting his info in for his payroll the SS # came back as a different name. Turns out he was using someone else’s SS number. The boss actually tried to find a way to keep the guy employed. After a group of employees said they’d quit if he kept him he decided to let him go. Ridiculous

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So the requirements for the government to tax me, should be lower than my ability to chose my own government. I disagree. Let me ask you a question. Should a law abiding citizen be restricted based on what the law breaker might do?

The question is over broad and not germane as well as a distraction. The right to vote in Federal elections is predicated on citizenship in this country, the whole world is not eligible. The right to vote in state elections is predicated on residency of a particular state. The right to vote in city, municipal, township elections etc is predicated on bona fide residency therein. The right to vote in a particular election is inextricably tied to place

If the poor, put upon people in question are truly law abiding, they would keep their registration up to date. In my state of Ohio, that is a legal requirement to exercise the right to vote and can be done online, via the mail, or in person and can be done after early voting has started right up to and including the day of the election (although you may be asked to vote a provisional ballot if insufficient time is available from when you update to election day to complete the process)

When you were an active officer, would you accept a utility bill as valid proof of identity?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And now back to impeachment...

Oops: Nadler's Senate Tirade Had Opposite Effect on Key Swing Vote Senator

"I took it as very offensive. As one who is listening attentively and working hard to get to a fair process, I was offended,” swing-vote Lisa Murkowski said tonight of Nadler’s presentation last night and his accusation of a GOP coverup.

Other impeachment managers did a fine job of defeating themselves. The lead impeachment manager Adam Schiff kicked things off by canceling his argument when he suggested the Democrats have overwhelming proof that Trump is guilty...but they need more evidence.

This was before Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) confusingly explained to the room full of jurors that the House "did its job," but they still need to see and hear more evidence.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    The part of the left not wanting voter ID laws that I find the most humorous...

Republicans pushed for voter ID laws before 2016. Democrats didn’t want it. After 2016 Democrats accused Republicans of winning by Russian interference. Welllllll maybe voter ID laws aren’t so bad after all huh?

Part of me wonders if they don’t want ID laws in place for 2 reasons. 1, so they can rig elections. 2, so when they lose an election they can claim it was rigged.

:chuck: approves of this.:+1::yesway:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So the requirements for the government to tax me, should be lower than my ability to chose my own government. I disagree. Let me ask you a question. Should a law abiding citizen be restricted based on what the law breaker might do?
    They do that every day. What do you think gun laws are for?

And, honestly, to be taxed you had to provide a SS number, and picture ID to your employer. So, IMO, a SS number and valid ID to vote sounds pretty reasonable to me.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    True story. After high school I got a job in a machine shop in Indy. Was there a couple years and they hired a Hispanic guy. Nice guy. He worked there a week and the boss came out to talk to the foreman about him. Foreman came and told me about their conversation, the Hispanic was here illegally and when they was putting his info in for his payroll the SS # came back as a different name. Turns out he was using someone else’s SS number. The boss actually tried to find a way to keep the guy employed. After a group of employees said they’d quit if he kept him he decided to let him go. Ridiculous

It happens more than you think. Back in 2000 I worked as a Sales Rep for a year at a south/central Indiana Beer distributor where after a IRS audit it was determined that 1/3 rd of the Foreign born employees was using fake SS #'s. Best decision I ever made about leaving a job I had even though it was a cushy easy job.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    pardon me while i search this entire forum for another member who's posting style you've criticized.

i might be gone a while, don't wait up

So desperate for that "Gotcha" on me, it's making you look... obsessive? Is that the word?

I react to whatever idiocy I find in threads I'm already active in or take an interest in. One option you could try is provide less grist for the mill. Otherwise, by all means report me for the imagined crime of caring about where you post and let the mods handle it. FYI the 'he's stalking me' thing has been tried before in situations in which others didn't/don't see eye to eye. You might want to refine the data a bit. Is my only activity in a thread to point out something about you? Does my activity in a thread only begin with a complaint about you (unless, of course you started the thread)? Are opinions I display when criticizing you consistent with opinions I have expressed in threads that don't involve you

One of us has a problem, but it ain't me. Tell you what, as soon as I post this I'll save you the trouble and report myself

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Don't know about anyone else but my pre-retirement job required a copy of a valid government issued photo id, SS card, copy of my college transcripts, pass a drug screen and a criminal background check and that was in 1986. I decided that sitting around the house wasn't all that good for me so I picked up a part time job recently, they required a copy of a valid government issued id, copy a my SS card, pass a drug screen and a criminal background check, all that for a 2 say week job at a local store. So... for me, complying with the requirements to vote is a piece of cake.

So you had to show a driver license and a SS card for documentation to get a job. Was that difficult? That does not even show you are a US citizen.

I'm just talking about the documentation. The other hoops you had to jump through (pee test and bad boy test) are irrelevant.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So PLEASE enlighten us, if there's not shenanigans, what is going on? Perhaps it's just a new adult version of the game of hide and seek. Those stats clearly show there's a problem. especially where there's more voting than who lives there. If you can't acknowledge that simple fact, there's a problem, then you won't acknowledge anything. Just look at the amount of buried people in the 70's and 80's from Chicago that was mysteriously voting for the Daley political machine.

Voter fraud is real. I know for a fact, I'm not going into any further details.

Given recent events, I suggest we don't engage for a brief period. Nothing personal, just want to bring the temp down.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK people. This thread is on a time out as I do not want to sort through all the :bs: involved.

Take a break. Smoke-em if you got-em.

Tune in later this evening.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And nevertheless, obtaining an ID to vote still isn’t as easy as some believe it to be. I have no idea why you’re talking about Indiana, as from my end, I was speaking generally.
    I’d like your opinion on this, since you had no real comment on the ease of Indiana’s voter ID law. Is Indiana’s voter ID law acceptable to you? Or is it not really the perceived disenfranchisement that you object to, but the philosophical idea of having to prove you are the person registered to vote, and that you are a legal resident of that district?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom