Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The President's misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won,” -Adam Schiff says during his opening statement.

"Impeach him or else he'll win" kinda gives the game away

For all the people caterwauling about Trump's alleged destruction of our "democracy", an elected politician making this statement should scare the ever-loving **** out of them - if, of course, they were sincere. Which we know they are not.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    “The President's misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won,” -Adam Schiff says during his opening statement.

"[STRIKE]Impeach[/STRIKE] Convict him or else he'll win" kinda gives the game away

FIFY

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For all the people caterwauling about Trump's alleged destruction of our "democracy", an elected politician making this statement should scare the ever-loving **** out of them - if, of course, they were sincere. Which we know they are not.

This is one of those "decisions, decisions" moment, as obviously the president has implied essentially same thing. If you believe that 3 million fraudulent votes were cast (and I don't, FYI), then Schiff's comment has a ring to truth to it, does it not? Now if you think the president is FOS (as I do) concerning 3 million fraudulent votes, then yes Schiff's comments are troubling. So what's it gonna be?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This is one of those "decisions, decisions" moment, as obviously the president has implied essentially same thing. If you believe that 3 million fraudulent votes were cast (and I don't, FYI), then Schiff's comment has a ring to truth to it, does it not? Now if you think the president is FOS (as I do) concerning 3 million fraudulent votes, then yes Schiff's comments are troubling. So what's it gonna be?

HA!
    Oh there was fraudulent votes..... for Hillary....... cast by dems.
    Illegal dems, dead dems, multiple voting dems, and the list goes on.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    HA!
    Oh there was fraudulent votes..... for Hillary....... cast by dems.
    Illegal dems, dead dems, multiple voting dems, and the list goes on.

So, by your statement, it appears you agree with Schiff. You grasp that concept right?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    A few of the voting fraudsters are actually stupid enough to get caught.

Criminal charges have been filed against six more King County voters for allegedly casting more than one ballot under a variety of circumstances in last November’s election, prosecutors said yesterday.

Two defendants, William A. Davis of Federal Way and Grace E. Martin of Enumclaw, were accused of casting absentee ballots in the names of their recently deceased spouses, Sonoko Davis and Lawrence Martin, respectively.

A mother and daughter were also charged with casting a ballot in the name of the mother’s dead husband. The mother, Harline H.L. Ng, and her daughter, Winnie W.Y. Ng, both of Seattle, signed their names as witnesses to the “X” marked on the ballot of Jacob Ng, who had died in February 2004.

Jared R. Hoadley of Seattle was accused of casting a ballot in the name of Hans Pitzen, who had lived at the same Seattle address as Hoadley and who died last May.

Dustin S. Collings, identified as a homeless Seattle resident, was charged with casting two ballots, both using the alias of Dustin Ocoilain, a name that was listed twice on the voter-registration rolls.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/6-accused-of-casting-multiple-votes/

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A few of the voting fraudsters are actually stupid enough to get caught.

Criminal charges have been filed against six more King County voters for allegedly casting more than one ballot under a variety of circumstances in last November’s election, prosecutors said yesterday.

Two defendants, William A. Davis of Federal Way and Grace E. Martin of Enumclaw, were accused of casting absentee ballots in the names of their recently deceased spouses, Sonoko Davis and Lawrence Martin, respectively.

A mother and daughter were also charged with casting a ballot in the name of the mother’s dead husband. The mother, Harline H.L. Ng, and her daughter, Winnie W.Y. Ng, both of Seattle, signed their names as witnesses to the “X” marked on the ballot of Jacob Ng, who had died in February 2004.

Jared R. Hoadley of Seattle was accused of casting a ballot in the name of Hans Pitzen, who had lived at the same Seattle address as Hoadley and who died last May.

Dustin S. Collings, identified as a homeless Seattle resident, was charged with casting two ballots, both using the alias of Dustin Ocoilain, a name that was listed twice on the voter-registration rolls.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/6-accused-of-casting-multiple-votes/

I'm missing the relevance? People tried to fraudulently vote, and got caught.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Whoooosh...

Well, it appears that you were trying to make some connection to Democrats, despite there not being anything to indicate such. For all we know, those people were voting Republican. :dunno:
    Further, the most noteworthy incident of voter fraud I can think of, in recent times, involves Republicans, and is (unlike people that point fingers at Democrats) provable.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

First, no one has ever connected Russia (Schiff's implication) to actual fraudulent votes. What the do have evidence of is Russian meddling to try to influence the vote of people who voted and to try to make people not feel as though there was a reason to vote. Being influenced does not mean the votes were fraudulent. If you have the right to vote, you get to decide who to vote for. Period. It is impossible to say what the actual effect was, if any.

Second, there are fraudulent votes in every election. I have yet to see any evidence that it has been outcome determinative (which is what the Dems keep saying because more of their voters seem to get caught).

None of this justifies taking the radical step to impeach simply to prevent a sitting President from running for reelection. It does justify additional steps to eliminate fraud and interference.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    First, no one has ever connected Russia (Schiff's implication) to actual fraudulent votes. What the do have evidence of is Russian meddling to try to influence the vote of people who voted and to try to make people not feel as though there was a reason to vote. Being influenced does not mean the votes were fraudulent. If you have the right to vote, you get to decide who to vote for. Period. It is impossible to say what the actual effect was, if any.

Second, there are fraudulent votes in every election. I have yet to see any evidence that it has been outcome determinative (which is what the Dems keep saying because more of their voters seem to get caught).

None of this justifies taking the radical step to impeach simply to prevent a sitting President from running for reelection. It does justify additional steps to eliminate fraud and interference.

I'm not speaking on the veracity of the specific statement, only the logic being used. If one believes that 3M people voted fraudulently, then the ballot can't be trusted because we can't be assured the vote is fairly won. If you believe that 3M ineligible persons voted, then you are most certainly in agreement, at the very least, with Schiff's general sentiment... regardless who won.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I believe this was back in 2017 but it is just an example.

Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D-Va.), a long-time Clinton confidante, vetoed a bill in February that would have required probes of elections in which the number of ballots cast exceeded the number of voters eligible to cast them. How could any honest person oppose such a measure?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So the esteemed serious senators are telling us by their actions that the impeachment is kabooki theater and not important. With high ranking dems like Feinstein leaving an hour early, Rand Paul playing crossword puzzles, Lindsay Graham stepping out all the time.

Does not not seem to be a big deal to me...

https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/2...nt-sit-there-for-eight-hours-resign-tomorrow/
    Rachel Madcow suggests that it’s their civic duty to at least feign interest even if they don’t believe it for the sake of the country. :n00b:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hence one of the reasons democrats are so vehemently against Voter ID. too easy to catch the fraudsters.

Make the required paperwork to get IDs free, allow any government issued photo ID to apply, and add more polling stations, and I would agree with requiring IDs to vote. The second one, for some reason, seems to be a issue for Republicans.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Make the required paperwork to get IDs free, allow any government issued photo ID to apply, and add more polling stations, and I would agree with requiring IDs to vote. The second one, for some reason, seems to be a issue for Republicans.

A state id card costs $9.00. Hardly prohibitive. The number of polling places has increased and one is no longer required to go to a certain polling place. They can go to any polling place. What other objections do you have? Because none of those are valid arguments against requiring id to vote.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

And requiring the same ID as for financial transactions to vote is a problem for Dems, so what's your point? Is coming up with the proper ID to conduct a financial transaction too difficult? Then how do these people navigate life?

I'll meet you halfway, any government issued photo IDs that meet secure ID criteria (so no DLs for illegals and no work or student IDs)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Any argument is valid if you want to stuff the ballot box.

I see very few black people at my polling place. I see a lot of black people driving in my area. I suppose they don't have Valid State state ID.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom