Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Schiff insinuated that Ukrainians died because military aid was held up for a few weeks which there was never any data to back that up. Also Schiff and the Democrats claimed that it was a threat to our national security which is a load of crap.

How come there was never that concern for our national security when Obama refused to send military aid to Ukraine when the Russian/Ukraine hostilities were at their peak?

There is no more of a threat now than there was back then.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Oh, and 24 hours over 3 days for opening statements?

Absurd.
    That does sound like an absurd waste of time. There were reports that Schiff basically began repeating himself throughout the course of opening statements yesterday.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have tried a bunch of jury trials, a bunch with more complex issues than the impeachment.

Once, once, we had 90 minutes for opening. In most longer trials (over a week) we get 45 minutes, 30 minutes is common and even 15 minutes is not unheard of.

Heck, on Law and Order, they do it in like 2 1/2 minutes.

This is politicians in love with their own voices, not a statement designed to introduce your side of the dispute.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh, and 24 hours over 3 days for opening statements?

Absurd.

Made for TV and to create soundbites for ads. I suspect that in their arrogance they think they will win the PR fight even though they have consistently lost it based on polling, not MSM adoration. My thinking is McConnell is giving them plenty of rope to hang themselves with...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think the Senate is in the process of officially discovering 'this impeachment is crap'. 'WTF do we do with crap?'No Senate has ever had to deal with such a crap impeachment before so they will be setting a precedent for how to deal with crap impeachments in the future. This may become important if there are more of these crap impeachments or if they even become common.
    I think they issue summary judgement aquitting the accused of all charges, thus setting a precedent for future bull**** impeachments. The people who will be incensed by that won't have their vote changed in 2020 but future generations would thank [STRIKE]them[/STRIKE] [the senators]

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have tried a bunch of jury trials, a bunch with more complex issues than the impeachment.

Once, once, we had 90 minutes for opening. In most longer trials (over a week) we get 45 minutes, 30 minutes is common and even 15 minutes is not unheard of.

Heck, on Law and Order, they do it in like 2 1/2 minutes.

This is politicians in love with their own voices, not a statement designed to introduce your side of the dispute.

More complex than the justification for removing a nation's leader, the most powerful person in the world, based on ambiguous language from a 200+ year old document? That's a tough one for me to see Hough.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    More complex than the justification for removing a nation's leader, the most powerful person in the world, based on ambiguous language from a 200+ year old document? That's a tough one for me to see Hough.

Are you still at it? :lmfao:
    Man do you have a bad case of denial..... among other things.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

It's a difficult issue, not a complex one. There's a difference.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    “The President's misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won,” -Adam Schiff says during his opening statement.

"Impeach him or else he'll win" kinda gives the game away

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom