• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I read earlier they're heading to Houston Texas to try to get the Sam Houston statue taken down. I'll try to find the link I was reading

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I read earlier they're heading to Houston Texas to try to get the Sam Houston statue taken down. I'll try to find the link I was reading

What's their beef? He was accepted into the Cherokee nation and married into it as well. Also was removed as governor of Texas when he wouldn't swear allegeance to the Confederacy after Texas seceded. Sounds like a forward thinking guy for his day. My his role in Texas' independence?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What's their beef? He was accepted into the Cherokee nation and married into it as well. Also was removed as governor of Texas when he wouldn't swear allegeance to the Confederacy after Texas seceded. Sounds like a forward thinking guy for his day. My his role in Texas' independence?

Columbus was evil. Jefferson was evil. Sam Houston was evil. They were all evil because the are icons of American Western values.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Funny, it used to be that Jefferson was an icon of the democrats.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Funny, it used to be that Jefferson was an icon of the democrats.

Well, the Thomas Jefferson of yesterday didn't conform to today's moral standards. Anything that is now considered evil must also have been considered evil retroactively for everyone all throughout history. Therefore Jefferson was also evil yesterday.

Funny how progressives don't apply that to their heroes of today. They forgivingly allowed Obama to "evolve" on gay marriage, even though his evolution was coerced by Biden publicly shaming Obama to get him to do it. To be consistent the left needs to call Obama evil.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, the Thomas Jefferson of yesterday didn't conform to today's moral standards. Anything that is now considered evil must also have been considered evil retroactively for everyone all throughout history. Therefore Jefferson was also evil yesterday.

Funny how progressives don't apply that to their heroes of today. They forgivingly allowed Obama to "evolve" on gay marriage, even though his evolution was coerced by Biden publicly shaming Obama to get him to do it. To be consistent the left needs to call Obama evil.

They voted for him. To now call him evil, they would be indicting themselves...that'll never happen.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    A little long, but the payoff in the last 45 seconds is worth it.

[video=youtube;Nnps4Hz_9S8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnps4Hz_9S8[/video]

Top Bottom