• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You’re wasting your time. If having to explain how voting for someone who says they want to take your rifles isn’t the same as actually taking them, there isn’t a point in discussing. I’ll be in the break room

Just educating people that their choices have consequences, and that they don't have to make those choices unless they approve of those consequences.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    What do you think voting to take away the rights of your fellow Americans is doing?

You're literally sending men with guns to their houses to take away their rights by force, because they disagree with you. In turn, forcing them to decide between their rights and their life. And you expect people to not take serious objection to you doing that, and have the hubris to openly admit that you're okay with that in public. Ridiculous.

I was kind of defending the option to be in the guns discussion board and discuss guns and gunning without taking a lot of crap for being a Democrat.
    You took it to mean I was obligated to defend or explain my politics.
    Not the same thing at all.
    But voting in the elections however one chooses is a right. You can look it up.
    And if you've got a problem with it that someone votes differently than you, thanks for making my point.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I was kind of defending the option to be in the guns discussion board and discuss guns and gunning without taking a lot of crap for being a Democrat.
    You took it to mean I was obligated to defend or explain my politics.
    Not the same thing at all.
    But voting in the elections however one chooses is a right. You can look it up.
    And if you've got a problem with it that someone votes differently than you, thanks for making my point.

I don't have a problem with you voting, as long as you aren't voting to take away my rights.

There's a long list of candidates who aren't vowing to take away rights, and one candidate who is.

And it's your choice to openly admit to being a democrat, which is a legitimate and mortal threat to any and all members of this community. If you didn't want to have to deal with the repercussions of that then you didn't have to make it an issue.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    One, I have every right to vote in any primary in which I abide by the rules.
    Two, that's my point: Two private parties control a public system. And it's designed to stay that way. The choices for the highest office in the land realistically are choked down to "Column A" or "Column B."
    Three, if individual American voters, all of whom together make up voting populace, should not "have a voice in the parties selection of the candidates to present their values and vision," then who exactly should have that voice?

One, you do not have the right to vote in any primary for a private association of like minded people. If you are not a member you have no right to vote in Lions, Rotary, etc. same with political associations. Join and be a member of stay out. Even if some state governments allow unaffiliated voters to vote does not make it right. Can you not see how unaffiliated voters can change the intent of the actual members if allowed to vote?

Two, there are always more than two choices on my ballot most times. Apparently the two you complain about must have a better mousetrap or others would come on up, heck it would only take a quarter of voters to support to have a big impact on the big two. I get that the big two have power, but heck Ross Perot made the big run and DJT just took over the Republican Party and is clearing out the old establishment.

Three, ONLY those that are truly members of the party. Since you expressed dislike for having to declare a party you must not be a member and therefore should have no say in the choice of the members to represent them.

I am very consistent on this topic, I condemn both repubs and dems when one or the other wants to vote in the opposite primary to cause trouble. They are a liar when they ask for that ballot because they know in their heart they are not genuinely switching parties. And they must watch out for it backfiring, I believe many dems voted in repub primaries to nominate DJT to cause trouble and look how that worked out.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Cast a vote for a D and you are voting for the literal party of Death and Taxes; kill all the babies and redistribute all the wealth (you didn't build that). And yes take all the guns. Lie to yourself if you like. Vote for tyranny at your own peril. I'm sure in the aftermath you will be so prescient in your statements of "first they came for..."

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    I don't have a problem with you voting, as long as you aren't voting to take away my rights.

There's a long list of candidates who aren't vowing to take away rights, and one candidate who is.

And it's your choice to openly admit to being a democrat, which is a legitimate and mortal threat to any and all members of this community. If you didn't want to have to deal with the repercussions of that then you didn't have to make it an issue.

"And it's your choice to openly admit to being a democrat, which is a legitimate and mortal threat to any and all members of this community. If you didn't want to have to deal with the repercussions of that then you didn't have to make it an issue."

I sure do appreciate you clearing that up.
    So the message is, "Believe as I do and vote as I do or GTFO, or at least be silent."
    Message received. Doesn't entirely jibe with rights in America or freedom as I understood 'em, but now I've got it.
    We've reached clarity.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    "And it's your choice to openly admit to being a democrat, which is a legitimate and mortal threat to any and all members of this community. If you didn't want to have to deal with the repercussions of that then you didn't have to make it an issue."

So the message is, "Believe as I do and vote as I do or GTFO, or at least be silent."
    Message received. Doesn't entirely jibe with rights in America or freedom as I understood 'em, but now I've got it.
    We've reached clarity.

Uh. If I go to a planned parenthood forum and say I’m republican, they can’t take my right to vote that way away, but they’re gonna let me know how I’m a threat to their beliefs... IF they don’t instantly ban me from said forum.

Stop trying to be a victim. Either discuss the subject or don’t, walking circles around the “we’re supressing your rights” bs is intellectually dishonest and you know it. Nobody is supressing your opinion, we’re just letting you know how your beliefs actively pursue taking away our rights.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

We've reached clarity.

Where did I once say you had to vote for any party or any candidate?

I just said don't vote for a candidate who pledges to send people to my house to kill me if I disagree with their policy.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    One, you do not have the right to vote in any primary for a private association of like minded people. If you are not a member you have no right to vote in Lions, Rotary, etc. same with political associations. Join and be a member of stay out. Even if some state governments allow unaffiliated voters to vote does not make it right. Can you not see how unaffiliated voters can change the intent of the actual members if allowed to vote?

Two, there are always more than two choices on my ballot most times. Apparently the two you complain about must have a better mousetrap or others would come on up, heck it would only take a quarter of voters to support to have a big impact on the big two. I get that the big two have power, but heck Ross Perot made the big run and DJT just took over the Republican Party and is clearing out the old establishment.

Three, ONLY those that are truly members of the party. Since you expressed dislike for having to declare a party you must not be a member and therefore should have no say in the choice of the members to represent them.

I am very consistent on this topic, I condemn both repubs and dems when one or the other wants to vote in the opposite primary to cause trouble. They are a liar when they ask for that ballot because they know in their heart they are not genuinely switching parties. And they must watch out for it backfiring, I believe many dems voted in repub primaries to nominate DJT to cause trouble and look how that worked out.

That's all real interesting.
    Got zip to do with actually, legally obtaining and casting a ballot in Indiana, though.
    And since I have pulled D ballots in the spring and never pulled an R ballot, I'm legally by definition a D. A member of the party. Now, if the chair of the DNC or the Indiana Dems or my county Dems gets a chapped a** about my not being entirely hunky dory with everything as it stands (and saying so), they could perhaps give me a problem for one spring ballot, but I think that's realistically about it. There are courts.
    You seem to be off on a thing about people taking out the other party's primary ballots. Never have, never said I did.
    And there's nothing in the law says says a guy's forbidden from not being 100 percent okedoke with everything in his own party, having to agree with it or even having to vote per its wishes in the fall. Dislike of a particular legal or electoral or party feature does not mean exclusion from participation. That's just not in the American playbook. It's made up in IngoMike's.
    If there was such a rule, how could you count DJT as a legitimate Republican and a legitimate president? Did he not savage his mainline GOP opponents in the primaries?
    As to the myth of the viability of third-party candidate, all Ross Perot got done was ensure Bill Clinton wins over George HWB and Bob Dole.
    And, no, I never voted for Bill Clinton. I found him a lying, cheating guy from Jump Street and crossed over for GWHB and for Dole.
    I mean, dude, you're free to whip out the "Way It Should Be by IngoMike," but it ain't hardly the law of the land.

Last edited:

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    Where did I once say you had to vote for any party or any candidate?

I just said don't vote for a candidate who pledges to send people to my house to kill me if I disagree with their policy.

Wait, you're not the guy who said voting D is a threat to everyone here?
    WTF?
    And who do you think is coming to your house to kill you?
    And what makes you think being a D makes me vote for every one of their candidates?
    I was wrong. We had not reached clarity.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Wait, you're not the guy who said voting D is a threat to everyone here?
    WTF?
    And who do you think is coming to your house to kill you?
    And what makes you think being a D makes me vote for every one of their candidates?
    I was wrong. We had not reached clarity.

I wasn't aware the only political candidates were democrats. There are 14 parties who actually received votes in the 2016 presidential election.

The entire lineup of democrats for the 2020 presidential election have pledged to confiscate my firearms.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I wasn't aware the only political candidates were democrats. There are 14 parties who actually received votes in the 2016 presidential election.

The entire lineup of democrats for the 2020 presidential election have pledged to confiscate my firearms.

Doesnt care about your rights. Only his

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    Uh. If I go to a planned parenthood forum and say I’m republican, they can’t take my right to vote that way away, but they’re gonna let me know how I’m a threat to their beliefs... IF they don’t instantly ban me from said forum.

Stop trying to be a victim. Either discuss the subject or don’t, walking circles around the “we’re supressing your rights” bs is intellectually dishonest and you know it. Nobody is supressing your opinion, we’re just letting you know how your beliefs actively pursue taking away our rights.

I'm not victim and nobody's suppressing anything of mine.
    Going into the polling place in June -- if we're voting in person -- getting a ballot and casting it however I see fit.
    If you wanna be pissed 'cause I won't go into why I vote D, be pissed! Don't know which part of being an American says I've have to explain myself 'cause someone demands it.
    I'm not here to win hearts and minds or campaign for anyone. All I really said was as an experienced, trained gunner who has given his time and money to the 2A 'cause, I get tired of taking sh** for simply being a D, and that I think it's a bad practice/habit for the gunning community.
    Trigger downward, dude. Go to a safe place. Send this thread to Hillary's people if you want. I've never liked her or supported her. Maybe she'll send someone to kill me.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Don't know which part of being an American says I've have to explain myself 'cause someone demands it.

When you push the button to send armed thugs to peoples' homes to kill them and their families if they don't give up their guns, does it make you feel special and big, like you have power over your neighbor?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's all real interesting.
    Got zip to do with actually, legally obtaining and casting a ballot in Indiana, though.
    And since I have pulled D ballots in the spring and never pulled an R ballot, I'm legally by definition a D. A member of the party. Now, if the chair of the DNC or the Indiana Dems or my county Dems gets a chapped a** about my not being entirely hunky dory with everything as it stands (and saying so), they could perhaps give me a problem for one spring ballot, but I think that's realistically about it. There are courts.
    You seem to be off on a thing about people taking out the other party's primary ballots. Never have, never said I did.
    And there's nothing in the law says says a guy's forbidden from not being 100 percent okedoke with everything in his own party, having to agree with it or even having to vote per its wishes in the fall. Dislike of a particular legal or electoral or party feature does not mean exclusion from participation. That's just not in the American playbook. It's made up in IngoMike's.
    If there was such a rule, how could you count DJT as a legitimate Republican and a legitimate president? Did he not savage his mainline GOP opponents in the primaries?
    As to the myth of the viability of third-party candidate, all Ross Perot got done was ensure Bill Clinton wins over George HWB and Bob Dole.
    And, no, I never voted for Bill Clinton. I found him a lying, cheating guy from Jump Street and crossed over for GWHB and for Dole.
    I mean, dude, you're free to whip out the "Way It Should Be by IngoMike," but it ain't hardly the law of the land.

If if you say you are a dem, and you pull dem ballots you are a dem. If someone claims to be an independent and pulls dem or repub ballots they are a liar...

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute

14 parties ... and two with any chance of putting their candidate in the White House.
    Look, dude, No. 1, I've previously said I don't always vote the party line. But in any case, I don't have to change parties 'cause you've got a fear of or extreme dislike of the Dems.
    Also, Joe Biden is not going to get your guns. Clinton's AWB went pooft and showed itself to be ineffective, Obama couldn't get an AWB, and neither is Biden or any other D.
    No one's coming to your house to kill you 'cause you own an MSR.
    Look, I'm gonna pull D ballot in June. If that makes you mad, makes you think I'm a horrible person or a bad American or don't belong on the INGO board, I'm gonna have to live with it.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    When you push the button to send armed thugs to peoples' homes to kill them and their families if they don't give up their guns, does it make you feel special and big, like you have power over your neighbor?

Dude, you really need to either get over your fear of the G or get to work on your fortifications.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    14 parties ... and two with any chance of putting their candidate in the White House.
    Look, dude, No. 1, I've previously said I don't always vote the party line. But in any case, I don't have to change parties 'cause you've got a fear of or extreme dislike of the Dems.
    Also, Joe Biden is not going to get your guns. Clinton's AWB went pooft and showed itself to be ineffective, Obama couldn't get an AWB, and neither is Biden or any other D.
    No one's coming to your house to kill you 'cause you own an MSR.
    Look, I'm gonna pull D ballot in June. If that makes you mad, makes you think I'm a horrible person or a bad American or don't belong on the INGO board, I'm gonna have to live with it.

[video=youtube;oVGykWCsiG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVGykWCsiG8[/video]

Voting for Biden is just as bad as doing it yourself.

Or is he a liar, and why would you knowingly choose to vote for a liar, or believe his other policy positions?

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    If if you say you are a dem, and you pull dem ballots you are a dem. If someone claims to be an independent and pulls dem or repub ballots they are a liar...

Dude, we've been over this. I'm a Dem.
    As to who's a liar and who's not, what?
    There are party systems set up. They get poll watchers. There's the state SOS and county election boards. There are courts that are an avenue of appeal.
    What am I, or you: One-man deciders of who gets to vote or how?
    It's one vote per person, and neither you nor I nor the G gets to tell people how they should go about it.
    Talk about wandering into the weeds.

Top Bottom