• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If the Kavanaugh/Russia, Russia, Russia/Impeach Bad Orange Man issues hadn't consumed the Democrats, I would hazard a guess that there would have been an attempt after Las Vegas. With the GOP controlling the Senate (thankfully), it probably wouldn't have gone anywhere, but it wouldn't have been for lack of trying.

I bellieve you both wrong on this.

The media democrat complex was going to do something and bumpstocks was the rallying point to get a bill the wish list could be inserted, think bailout bill and all the unrelated crap in it, the repubs were afraid of their shadows and would have gone along IF, Trump had not short circuited it with the bumpstock EO. There would easily have been enough of the wishy washy repubs in the senate to go along with the dems to do it and it would have been bad.

F**k bumpstocks...

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Tombs said:
    It's really a shame there isn't a gun friendly left wing party in the US, we should be able to all agree on the constitution even if we disagree on economic ideology.

Now this is a sentiment I can get behind

And a thing that is unlikely to ever happen. Most facets of the economic ideologies of the left involve the taking of the labor and/or the fruits thereof from those who produce it and giving it to those who did not, often doing so openly, at scale and, to extremes.

Remember, many hold "from each according to his ability to each according to his need" as a gold standard toward which we should all march, whether it is behind or in front of a bayonet.

Supporting the clear natural right and means of self defense and, therefore, potential resistance, tends to be counterproductive to such ends.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And a thing that is unlikely to ever happen. Most facets of the economic ideologies of the left involve the taking of the labor and/or the fruits thereof from those who produce it and giving it to those who did not, often doing so openly, at scale and, to extremes.

Remember, many hold "from each according to his ability to each according to his need" as a gold standard toward which we should all march, whether it is behind or in front of a bayonet.

Supporting the clear natural right and means of self defense and, therefore, potential resistance, tends to be counterproductive to such ends.

Good point. The right to keep and bear arms is repugnant to benevolent statists enacting policies “for the good of all” as much as it is dictators and kings.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

In that ideology, wouldn't he share in your production weather or not you're armed? There are people who 'show up' for work and never put their phone down, but get paid just the same. So we're on equal footing. If nobody rode for free, someone would want to take my ticket.

Dabird

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2020
    New Albany
    Trust me... The true left has no issues with guns. Mainstream Democrats are not "the left". Democrats and Republicans are two arms on the same body and neither side is really all that interested in "the people". Gun Control isn't even an issue that Democrats are really actually interested in. It's a wedge issue and an issue that allows the to get money from anti gun organizations. The problem we have is we've got a handful of emotional issues that each party has taken up and doesn't want to be rational about. You want guns but don't want your union busted up. Too bad. You like guns and want healthcare and somebody to keep that factory from dumping raw sewage into the river .. too bad. We desperately need more choices in American politics.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Don't be ridiculous. I have two arms, and there's a Colt LE6920 in the safe.
    I don't think the Democrats or anyone else literally CAN pass an AWB these days .. not after the failure of the Clinton ban. Further, if the will wasn't there after Vegas, it's not going to be there.
    Between the GOP and Blue Dog/swing-state/rural Dems, a D president would have tremendous difficulty mustering support for an AWB.
    Of course, I also believe in things like Congressional oversight, an independent judiciary and things like inspector generals ... 'cause no one man or woman, nor one branch of government, should ever have monarch-like power in the US.
    If someone's political priorities began and end with the black rifle, or abortion, or some other single issue ... that's his or her right. Mine don't.

Again, you're perfectly fine with them wanting to disarm every American, because you don't think they actually can. Very dangerous thinking. Their endgame is the complete disarmament of the American population, and they're willing to play the slow game. It may take a few generations, but if you think for one second that they won't keep trying, you're absolutely mad.

So as I understand it, you support gun control, gun confiscation, bigger government, more power for the government, and killing or silencing everyone that disagrees with you. Am I right? Or do the Democrats stand for something I'm missing here?

johny5

not a shill account
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Again, you're perfectly fine with them wanting to disarm every American, because you don't think they actually can. Very dangerous thinking. Their endgame is the complete disarmament of the American population, and they're willing to play the slow game. It may take a few generations, but if you think for one second that they won't keep trying, you're absolutely mad.

:alright:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If you've signed on to the party with the platform of kill all babies at will, take all the money earned by others and give it to my friends, and yes take all the guns not in the overlords hands and you are commenting in this thread like that's not the case your argument is invalid.

No amount of arm waving and loud voices will make it valid.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    INGunOwners.com is viewed by thousands of people a day (not all of them gun owners or even gun friendly) As a public board we must make a good impression to those who view our community and represent Hoosier Gun Owners in the best possible light.

Subject to these few constraints, we hope you'll join us and actively participate in the discussions here on INGO.

Not directed at Mark, but this club isn't that private.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Hypocrisy is the cornerstone and foundation of being a Democrat.

Several years ago reconnected with friend that I went to school with in the 1970s in North Carolina , they moved to Calif in 1978. Anyway he was telling me about his 15 shot Beretta pistol and how he , "even with my liberal views" believes in the right of people to protect themselves.

I decided to finally buy an AR back during the time of the previous administration and told him about it , he came unglued , told me about how NO ONE needed a weapon like that! But his 15 shot pistol was perfectly OK?! Was the last I ever was in contact with him.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    Trust me... The true left has no issues with guns. Mainstream Democrats are not "the left". Democrats and Republicans are two arms on the same body and neither side is really all that interested in "the people". Gun Control isn't even an issue that Democrats are really actually interested in. It's a wedge issue and an issue that allows the to get money from anti gun organizations. The problem we have is we've got a handful of emotional issues that each party has taken up and doesn't want to be rational about. You want guns but don't want your union busted up. Too bad. You like guns and want healthcare and somebody to keep that factory from dumping raw sewage into the river .. too bad. We desperately need more choices in American politics.

Yep

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    It strikes me there a lot of guys here with one or two issues that they define as their party's.
    That's their right and that's fine.
    I view politics less as a moral crusade or a battle to determine who's a real American and more as a hard, cold, mathematical game ... a fight for resources, priorities.
    Frankly I think US national politics have degraded into little more or holding onto or gaining incumbency and is now breaking down into cult- or tribe-like behavior as a result. I know I never foresaw the day when the GOP would go pro-deficit/debt, protectionist and isolationist.
    Again, that's all fine and not mine to dictate. I'm one guy with a vote in the spring and a vote in the fall, same exact "clout" or lack thereof as anyone who's not a big donor. And I'm sure as hell far in the minority here.
    But the truth is I've voted for plenty of Republicans in my lifetime -- Sen. Peter Fitzgerald, George HW Bush and Bob Dole come to mind -- and might again if a centrist one ever emerges.
    And this: I'd tend to agree with Dabird, my having grown up in a rural-ish area in a blue state where there's lots of mainstream Dems who have never favored gun control and still don't. It's become one of two or three great wedge issues used by factions and strategists to whip up fervor.
    So if someone wants to portray me and all Dems as itching to kick in doors, seize guns and slice out babies ... not a heck of a lot I can do about it. I think it's utter bull, but if it works for you, have at it.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    So as I understand it, you support gun control, gun confiscation, bigger government, more power for the government, and killing or silencing everyone that disagrees with you. Am I right? Or do the Democrats stand for something I'm missing here?

None of the above, but if that's all you take from this, OK.
    It's what you thought before this thread ever got started, what you'll think when it fades into the ether and your understanding of the two-party system in America today.
    Never set out to change that.
    Actually just kind of wished the general gun discussion area didn't have to be as Us v. Them as it sometimes is, but that swirled down the drain quite a while go.
    IMO, this one's been pretty much band width wasted and stereotypes reinforced.
    I lose.
    Happy?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I need a list of all politicians who have never voted for any gun control laws as defined by all the posters in this thread so I can vote by the INGO voting guide. If they have ever voted for any gun control law then I can never vote for them.

That is what I have learned from this thread.

Top Bottom