• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    The state's court database system, mycase.in.gov, shows the jury trial that was to be held 10/20 has been cancelled. Further more, there is a pretrial conference set for March 20th, and a jury trail set for March 30th.

A positive is that the case has been allowed to proceed to a jury trial, and the defendants motion for (I'm guessing here) dismissal was denied. The attorney listed as representing the city and parks department is listed as a attorney with a local law firm. Interestingly his bio page says he was a past member of the Evansville Parks Department Board of Directors. I wonder how much the city/parks department has paid out so far defending this case.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Any updates on this?

I looked it up and it looks like the city filed an interlocutory appeal at the end of last year, probably asking the court of appeals to grant one of its motions to dismiss or for summary judgment. The CCS is not entirely clear on the reason, but the March trial and pretrial were vacated. It is likely that the case has been put on hold until the court of appeals rules on the city's appeal.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When people know they're going to lose on the facts of the case, they do everything they can to avoid facing the facts of the case.

I pity the taxpayers of Evansville.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Awwwww....craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppp. For some reason I was thinking NEXT Wednesday! Ah well. I got this news way late it seems. I couldn't have done it TODAY anyway! Next week I am off work all week....that would have worked!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom