Where's the bacon?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There is a glimmer of hope.

Last night during my physics I lecture, some discussion of voting and the inevitable outcome of the election ensued. Someone with a laptop let us know that Obama was projected as the winner.

Then one of the students mentioned that everyone had better go ahead and get their gun permit [sic]. That when about half the class piped-in with how they either already have their lifetime License to Carry, or will renew to it as soon as they can.

Most of my students did not vote for Obama. I take some level of solace in that. They will be an integral part of the future.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I wish I had an option about going into Tippecanoe County - the river is in my backyard, why can't that be enough?? :P

I don't remember the last time I set foot in a college classroom, and I don't miss it any..

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Lafayette is gettibng darker and darker thanks to the Chicago low income housing transplants. Toss in Purdue, and there ya have it. I did my part, my wife did as well.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    As far as that comment is concerned..

(dropping 39.5' pole and walking backwards, slowly, hands in a defensive position..)

Back on topic(ish) - Rhino, are you affiliated with Purdue in West Lafayette?? Your picture, at least as presented, looks familiar to me..

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Back on topic(ish) - Rhino, are you affiliated with Purdue in West Lafayette?? Your picture, at least as presented, looks familiar to me..

No, sir. I am not affiliated with Purdue in any way. I teach at a much smaller institution across the river.

Maybe you saw me at a match or something?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Interesting

Tippecanoe, Monroe, a few border counties, and 'Da Region also went Dem but without Marion County he probably doesn't carry the state. I don't care to do all the math but he won big in Marion County. Should be no surprise.

I just found out this little snippet of information. Vigo County has been a "bellweather" for the nation. Since 1892, as Vigo County goes, so goes the nation, with only two exceptions (1908 and 1952). The Vigoids must know something the rest of us don't know.

Top Bottom