• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBLStack1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2011
    I also carry a full size 1911. It's a double stack and my first pistol I bought. I've been carrying it now for 3 weeks.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I always answer the opposite to obvious questions. It really puts people off guard, and gives me just enough time to escape without getting drawn into a conversation.

For instance, when I'm putting on my leather jacket, gloves, and pants, and carrying my helmet, and someone asks if I rode in that morning, I always say, "nope, just worried about getting in a car crash." I've yet to hear anyone come back with a response to that.

I really don't like people very much.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    Going to a full-size 1911 was a huge relief in bulk and weight after carrying my .45 Megastar for a couple years.

Yes, it was eye-catching and impressive, but very uncomfortable.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Mine comes from jumping off stuff I should have known not to... ;)
    You mean like this?:

P5280725.jpg

That's my buddy at Dale Hollow.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    ...Anyone want to recommend an OWB holster for a full-size Kimber? I'm 6'6" ~250 if that helps.
    My two current favorites are the Raven Concealment System, and of course the Blackhawk Serpa. I'm digging the Raven, and it can be converted to IWB with an accessory clip order.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Carry concealed leather holster and accesories - Texas Strong Side TSS
    I know it says "concealed"...but that's because it *can* be...you don't have to, though. And it's comfy. :)

I like that one...

I just need to head to a local shop and try a few out...I've never even window shoped for a nice EDC OWB 1911 holster.

I love my Mills Tac Hybrid holster for IWBing my G19, but I think if I'm going to OC, I want leather and not kydex. The 1911 that I would carry is nice and shiny, so I might as well accessorize with some shiny black leather.:):

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I like that one...

I just need to head to a local shop and try a few out...I've never even window shoped for a nice EDC OWB 1911 holster.

I love my Mills Tac Hybrid holster for IWBing my G19, but I think if I'm going to OC, I want leather and not kydex. The 1911 that I would carry is nice and shiny, so I might as well accessorize with some shiny black leather.:):
    I got mine in black, too.
    I usually only OC at work, but it's purdy enough. :D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I like that one...

I think Leather is such a better option for EDC OC. I think it adds just a touch of distinction to someones perception...

I also have Holster in several different Colors to match with what is being worn, also for appearance sake... ;)

Top Bottom