• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steve2723

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Lake Station
    Does Indiana have an emergency CCW permit? My wife was attacked and the individual is out on bail and awaiting trial. She has applied for her permit however she applied in November and is still pending ISP approval. Any help is appreciated.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Indiana does not have CCW permits, emergency or otherwise. Indiana issues License to carry permits.

However, having a handgun and a LTCH permit is not a magic wand against evil. Training on how and when to use the handgun in a self defense role is essential.

Two other questions...
    1. Why is she dependent on the state to be self reliant?
    2. Why are you not protecting her?

steve2723

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Lake Station
    First off we do train and go to the range regularly. She is self reliant and a extraordinary woman. She survived an attack that would have killed most marines. And yes I understand LTCH just typing randomly after surfing the web. Thanks. There was a minor delay at our local PD since they lost the photocopy of her DL.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    First off we do train and go to the range regularly. She is self reliant and a extraordinary woman. She survived an attack that would have killed most marines. And yes I understand LTCH just typing randomly after surfing the web. Thanks. There was a minor delay at our local PD since they lost the photocopy of her DL.

While it is good advice to train, I don't think you have to justify anything to anyone. If she feels there is a threat, then she's got the right to arm herself, period.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This is one of my problems with "licenses".
    People actually carry guns to protect themselves.
    And they don't need to be waiting for "permission"

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Also contact your Indiana legislators and be sure they understand that YOUR WIFE'S situation is EXACTLY why they need to support House Bill 1056 introduced by Rep. Jim Lucas. This bill would removed the requirement for the LTCH and would allow a person such as your wife, who is clearly in grave danger from this perpetrator, to defend herself. Unfortunately this is not likely going to help your wife in the short-term.

https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2016/bills/house/1056

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Learn the allowable handgun carry places. Home, "in car on way to the range", on "way to repair", (you want night sights installed at the gunsmith), if she owns a business, or property, or improve the odds by buying a 12ga shotgun, or a AK47/AR15, as long guns don't require a LTCH, to carry in a vehicle or home. Locked and loaded longguns not against the law.
    Her LTCH should be enroute, and others suggest a call to ISP.
    Big Maglite, Pepper Spray, nice mean dog from the Humane Center. Fed and loved will be loyal. Alarm system for the house.
    Good luck.

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    Learn the allowable handgun carry places. Home, "in car on way to the range", on "way to repair", (you want night sights installed at the gunsmith), if she owns a business, or property, or improve the odds by buying a 12ga shotgun, or a AK47/AR15, as long guns don't require a LTCH, to carry in a vehicle or home. Locked and loaded longguns not against the law.
    Big Maglite, Pepper Spray, nice mean dog from the Humane Center. Fed and loved will be loyal. Alarm system for the house.
    Good luck.

Yes, have her walk around like this!
    target-open-carry-1-630.jpg

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Good luck.

Umm, on the way to a range was not OK under the old law. The new law said you can have it in your car, but locked up & away from driver.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Not that I'm advocating your wife breaks the law, but carrying without a LTCH is a misdemeanor. Being killed by a psychopath is worse than a misdemeanor. Tough call to make...

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Not that I'm advocating your wife breaks the law, but carrying without a LTCH is a misdemeanor. Being killed by a psychopath is worse than a misdemeanor. Tough call to make...

Judged by twelve as opposed to being carried by six...... Not a tough call to me. The chances of being apprehended randomly for illegal concealed carry are not great. The short time from now until that LATCH comes in further limits the odds.

Top Bottom