• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mxelsa03

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2023
    Avon
    Hello, i just want to ask, i have a 9mm riffle 12” barrel can i edc it to my vehicle? I just move here 6months ago. Thank you in advance

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hello, i just want to ask, i have a 9mm riffle 12” barrel can i edc it to my vehicle? I just move here 6months ago. Thank you in advance
    Hello and welcome to INGO.

First: you've just described a short-barreled rifle (SBR) which must be registered with the ATF/tax stamp/etc.

Carrying a long gun in a vehicle is legal (for those not prohibited from possessing firearms) if you are over 18.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    As already said, it's an SBR, so hope you have the stamp for it. Also, what is your thoughts on why you would need a rifle and not just have the handgun on you. Not seeing any benefits for a rifle.

LokhXIV

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    Riffle made me think of wiffle and now I'm picturing a less lethal SBR that shoots tiny wiffle balls lol

On topic, print off a copy of your paperwork and put it in the handgrip or stock if ya can. Otherwise keep it handy just in case.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    ... can i edc it to my vehicle? ...
    I am confuse. Are you just carrying it from the dwelling to the vehicle? Are you "every day carrying" it in your vehicle? ...at that point its just a truck (trunk/backseat/etc) gun.

Either way, yes, you can carry anything to/from anywhere provided its not too heavy. The legality of it is a different question.

If it's an SBR you need a stamp. If it's a pistol, you don't.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I will assume you have a 9mm PISTOL with a 12" barrel and a pistol brace or just the buffer tube on the back. Make sure when you post on any forum that you use the correct terms to avoid scrutiny from other members and the ATF, which is always watching.
    Indiana is a very 2A friendly state, so, carry in your vehicle to your heart's content.

Jarvitron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 12, 2023
    Indianapolis
    As regards EDC: a teeny tiny pistol on your waist is worth at least ten inches of barrel on a riffle in the car. **** happens when it wants to not when you're situated for it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Are you going to be carrying the edc every day? Riffles might be 2x as dangerous, as a rifle...IWB, or OC?.....

He'll need to work on his draw if IWB carry.
    It can be done this guy did it with shorts on.
    He did have a shorter barrel though.
    His draw was really hampered by the 30rd magazine.
    Apply purple as needed.

Screenshot_20240522-163740_Brave.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    (Churchmouse font) OK peoples, lets stop dogging on the new guy. He came here with a valid question. Collectively INGO did good with the concern over an SBR, but lets ease up on the dogpile.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom