• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Was the question directed to you...ummmmm..no, so don't ask unless your his lawyer for his sbr riffle.
    Are you his lawyer? You asked why he felt the need to carry a rifle and not just a pistol. So how about you keep your opinions of what others should do with their guns to yourself?

For being a gun owners website, that is supposed to advocate for and encourage legal gun ownership, there are too many people that try to tell others how they should be doing it.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Are you his lawyer? You asked why he felt the need to carry a rifle and not just a pistol. So how about you keep your opinions of what others should do with their guns to yourself?

For being a gun owners website, that is supposed to advocate for and encourage legal gun ownership, there are too many people that try to tell others how they should be doing it.
    Asking a question with an even dumber question to reciprocate is a moot point at this time. Perhaps you should REREAD what i had initially asked AND don't leave out the key words in a sentence. Fyi, giving opinions on how to do something IS NOT telling others " how they should be doing it". Most advice comes from experience and many members have years of it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    giphy.gif

This thread...

Also, riffles are less dangerous than rifles. It means "wiffle rifle". So, lots of extra holes in the bullets to slow them down and the rifle is all hollow for less arm strength required. It's like you guys don't know nuthin about nuthin am i rite?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    giphy.gif

This thread...

Also, riffles are less dangerous than rifles. It means "wiffle rifle". So, lots of extra holes in the bullets to slow them down and the rifle is all hollow for less arm strength required. It's like you guys don't know nuthin about nuthin am i rite?
    I guess we stand corrected….

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    giphy.gif

This thread...

No, you’re thinking of the wiffle ball bullet.
    The wiffle riffle shoots extra many very hollow points. Looks like a wiffle ball but all hollow points. So super dooper blow your lungs out.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Hello, i just want to ask, i have a 9mm riffle 12” barrel can i edc it to my vehicle? I just move here 6months ago. Thank you in advance
    OP, I think pictures of said rifle would go a long way, sorry for the fun that was made of your post, this is a great forum, and you can learn a lot on here, just stick around, and develop some thick skin, and give back as good as you get..

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OP, I think pictures of said rifle would go a long way, sorry for the fun that was made of your post, this is a great forum, and you can learn a lot on here, just stick around, and develop some thick skin, and give back as good as you get..
    This. Dont take us too serious. We're a good bunch of guys.

Especially this to the pics. Lets see it!

And I too will question the utility of a shorty AR in 9mm. SBR in a rifle caliber? Absolutely. Carbine length 9mm? Sure.

But you dont gain that much over your pistol if you just have that short barrel on it. At least not enough to justify the bulk of the platform IMHO.

Welcome to INGO!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This. Dont take us too serious. We're a good bunch of guys.

Especially this to the pics. Lets see it!

And I too will question the utility of a shorty AR in 9mm. SBR in a rifle caliber? Absolutely. Carbine length 9mm? Sure.

But you dont gain that much over your pistol if you just have that short barrel on it. At least not enough to justify the bulk of the platform IMHO.

Welcome to INGO!
    I read that a 16" 10mm carbine using Underwoods 135gr ammo had an avg velocity of 2020fps.
    That might make for a good PCC.

9MM in a 10" SBR or pistol would definitely give more accuracy at 50+ yards and faster target acquisition especially with an RDS or LPVO at longer range. And it might be good to have a PCC that takes the same magazine as your EDC pistol.

Like you said 5.56 SBR or pistol would be better.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I will never ask anyone if their SBR is legal or their suppressor is legal, etc. You know why? Because it doesn't matter, I DGAF and neither should the government. I get riled up about anyone asking me for proof of mine. They can **** up a rope unless they are an ATF officer.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I will never ask anyone if their SBR is legal or their suppressor is legal, etc. You know why? Because it doesn't matter, I DGAF and neither should the government. I get riled up about anyone asking me for proof of mine. They can **** up a rope unless they are an ATF officer.
    I see your point.

Many times we ask because the person appears to not understand the law. And our goal is to make them aware softly so they can correct it before someone with a badge tells them the hard way.

We have had to delete several “accidental” NFA items from the classifieds because the poster appears to not be aware of what they have stepped in.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Asking a question with an even dumber question to reciprocate is a moot point at this time. Perhaps you should REREAD what i had initially asked AND don't leave out the key words in a sentence. Fyi, giving opinions on how to do something IS NOT telling others " how they should be doing it". Most advice comes from experience and many members have years of it.
    If someone wanted your opinion on how to conduct their business, they'd ask for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom