• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    When we got the notice from the FAA we were also informed that there was only one CBD oil tested and approved by the FDA that had zero THC content. There may be others but they have yet to be FDA tested.

chuck

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Serious Bodily Injury/Death require a blood draw for intoxication for all involved drivers, regardless of fault. That's how Bisard got detected. SBI is defined as prolonged or permanent loss of a limb or eyesight, prolonged unconsciousness, or injuries likely to cause death. Think comas, limb amputations, that sort of thing.

I have no idea about any proposed change. Post up a link.
    I was probably thinking of this as I don't really keep up with the whole marijuana stuff.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I was probably thinking of this as I don't really keep up with the whole marijuana stuff.

Yeah, I think the argument on that is THC stays in the system much longer than the impairment from THC lasts, so if there's no signs of impairment THC presence alone will not be OVWI.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    On construction projects where testing was mandatory we used to have a lot of fun with it. There was one older fella that got tested continually on supposedly random testing because if the contractor detected his blood pressure medication at least they could claim finding something. But the people actually building the facilities, no; they never never ever got tested, period.
    :lmfao:

So, I know nothing about CBD oil but after dealing with pee testers for decades... I'd make sure I knew exactly where their data went.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I would think that any divulgence of your medical information would be prohibited by HIPAA.
    Have you read what you sign when getting care. I have to sign that once a year at different medical groups. It basically says no one is allowed to see your medical records unless you allow it or .gov wants to see it then they can without your approval. Take time read what you are signing. I'd like to take a copy to a lawyer to translate but that is what it reads like to me and my interpretation of it.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    CBD is federally legal. Don't worry about it.
    The problem is, that is true today. It may not be tomorrow. Especially for the undesirable class (constitutionalist, gun owners, those who take an oath to the Constitution seriously).

I can certainly see a scenario where marijuana had all federal charges removed, but ANY cannabinoids for someone having a completed 4473 would be 20 years in a hole.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    With HIPAA rules as strict as they are, nothing is going to show up. I have personal experience with a man that is bat crap goofy. Never known to be violent, just goofy. He has spent his entire adult life on medical disability. He has been institutionalized at least once. He is on 3rd tier psychotropic meds, and he clears NICS just fine.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    On construction projects where testing was mandatory we used to have a lot of fun with it. There was one older fella that got tested continually on supposedly random testing because if the contractor detected his blood pressure medication at least they could claim finding something. But the people actually building the facilities, no; they never never ever got tested, period.

I had this issue with a former employer. The random was nit random, they kept testing me because they knew I was clean and we has a boat load of pot smokers.

The last test I had there I informed them that if my name came up again in a "random" I was initiating a lawsuit. We had 24 drivers.
    The next time name was drawn out of a hat, my name was pulled first.

The owner, his son the VP and the Sales Manager all said "hell no" and it was tossed into the trash.
    Never went for another test there.

USRifle30Cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2021
    Indiana
    So, CBDs are legal federally, and also in many states. Also, CBD use will register as a positive in (at least some) common drug screens.

Personally, I have never heard of the cops/feds using a drug screen to prosecute someone criminally, but I am no expert on that kind of thing.

On the other hand, I have heard of both the public and private sectors using failed drug tests to punish people...denied for work, for benefits, for advancement, for scholarships.

...and for organ transplants, and I think that goes WAY too far.

If an alcoholic can get a new liver I think a pothead should be able to get a new kidney.

To me it seems self evident that marijuana should be removed from schedule 1 and re-classified in line with tobacco and alcohol, the harm done to society through enforcement is greater than the good done by "pushing back" against drug users.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    The problem is, that is true today. It may not be tomorrow. Especially for the undesirable class (constitutionalist, gun owners, those who take an oath to the Constitution seriously).

I can certainly see a scenario where marijuana had all federal charges removed, but ANY cannabinoids for someone having a completed 4473 would be 20 years in a hole.
    Good lord dude. Loosen up the tin hat, you need to let your brain breathe once in a while.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I too use CBD to manage pain. There is a Delta 8 variant that is stronger than regular CBD for pain relief but can also trigger a positive on a drug screen.
    A friend says it's some good stuff. He has serious back issues from a construction accident and had been on a "healthy" dose of pain meds. Started using the Delta 8 and is now completely free from the narcotics. Actually feels good enough to get out of his recliner and have a life again.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A friend says it's some good stuff. He has serious back issues from a construction accident and had been on a "healthy" dose of pain meds. Started using the Delta 8 and is now completely free from the narcotics. Actually feels good enough to get out of his recliner and have a life again.
    That right there is one reason big pharma is against medicinal MJ and related.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

:rolleyes:

Nobody is going to jail for 20 years for having canniboids in their system after having purchased a firearm. Or before purchasing a firearm. Or whenever.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    That right there is one reason big pharma is against medicinal MJ and related.
    CBD oil works better than many pharmaceutical alternatives without the undesirable side effects. That is exactly why big pharma wants to block it & cannabis from being legal.

If it wasn't so effective big pharma wouldn't care if it were legal.

A few drops of regular 1,000 mg strength CBD oil stops and helps prevent my diabetic dog's seizures.

Delta 8 helps take the edge off of my pain so I can control it mentally without the use of any OTC or RX pharmaceuticals.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    CBD oil works better than many pharmaceutical alternatives without the undesirable side effects. That is exactly why big pharma wants to block it & cannabis from being legal.

A few drops of regular 1,000 mg strength CBD oil stops and helps prevent my diabetic dog's seizures.

Delta 8 helps take the edge off of my pain so I can control it mentally without the use of any OTC or RX pharmaceuticals.
    How do people use CBD? Is it rubbed on or do you swallow CBD?

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville

In what form do you consume Delta 8 for pain control? I’m dealing with daily, if not constant, pain fro a shoulder injury. I would really like to find something that helps besides pain meds.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    In what form do you consume Delta 8 for pain control? I’m dealing with daily, if not constant, pain fro a shoulder injury. I would really like to find something that helps besides pain meds.
    So far I have tried the vape and the flower versions. I have heard the cake flavors are supposed to be good for pain.

I think the vape is stronger than the flower but I've only tried one variety/flavor of flower. I have only recently discovered Delta 8.

The flower almost needs to be rolled like a cigarette to be consumed effectively.

I have heard other people at the CBD store talk about how well they like the gummies.

The gummies are expensive and I'm sure I would accidentally eat too many because I really like gummies, so I haven't tried them.

Typically two or three hits off a Delta 8 vape will relieve the pressure in the back of the brain/skull area for me. It's like it's releasing the pressure on pinched nerves. It helps relieve the sharpness of the pain.

I have residual whiplash in my neck and lower back as well as probable carpal tunnel in both wrists and arthritis in all fingers.

The decompression sensation in the brain tames the fire of the pain.

It's a nice relaxed happy without a stoned or compromised feeling.

Other things I have used for pain;

Stretching is great for pain.

Boswella can be taken orally or frankincense applied topically to help with pain.

Alpha lipoic acid by itself or mixed with L-Carnitine is great for nerve pain.

I like MSM for arthritis pain.

Glucosamine and chondroitin combined can be very effective for some people for joint pain. For anyone with allergies I would be cautious. Something about it triggers a mild allergic reaction for me.

canebreaker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    I worked for the ICG/IC/CN railroad. Injured in 2008, the company doctor prescribed CBD 90% as one of my meds. In 2009 this doctor releases me to go back to work with a full release. I asked the doctor if he knew what a full release was in the locomotive part of railroading was. The reply was are your recorders up to date? He sent a list of doctors that would put me into retirement. The doctor I choose prescribed CBD 90%. Dang, $450 per oz. I've been drug free since 2010 and I'll be 70 in a few days.

Top Bottom