• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Who's "they"? Schrodinger's federal government? Simultaneously completely inept and ineffective, yet somehow omnipotent and omniscient enough to pursue some random dude. "They" don't care. "They" have plenty of real cases to pursue and limited resources to pursue them. They aren't sifting through medical records waiting to pounce on Pepi. Nobody cares but Pepi. It's a complete non-issue. Dude is getting checked for an autoimmune disease. I'm not a doctor, but that sounds like it's going to include a toxicology screen for the simple reasons toxins can contribute to autoimmune disorders. He almost certainly signed a consent for a tox screen. Which is why I told him to talk to his lawyer buddy before he blows up at his doctor for doing what he's supposed to be doing.
    I’m not so sure. I believe I remember “If you’ve seen or heard of Pepi please contact your local authorities. He is suspected of testing positive for cannibinoid” on America’s most wanted recently.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I’m not so sure. I believe I remember “If you’ve seen or heard of Pepi please contact your local authorities. He is suspected of testing positive for cannibinoid” on America’s most wanted recently.
    I've had doctors ask if I own firearms in the past I'm sure that goes on your records somewhere. I replied it was not their business so it probably got marked as yes.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I’ve never been asked. If I were I would ask if that effects my health in some way? Depending on the answer, I might find a new doctor.
    It was with the do you feel you are in danger type questions. All the stupid questions you would ask a 6'2" 240lb guy. That Dr is not my Dr anymore it was very weird to me and that was my last visit.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    While you are here. Can officers pull up any kind of medical records from the driver's license? I remember years ago that was trying to be passed or was being talked about in case of an auto accident they can see your blood type medication etc. That was the excuse they gave anyway.

Never heard of that. When I asked Emergency medical guys if I should bother with a blood type patch on my vest carrier they all told me they won't take your word for it on blood type stateside anyway, they'll give you universal (O-) until they type your blood absent some sort of MCI. The only "medical" information I get on your driver's license is if you need corrective lenses to drive.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Seems to me a tox screen would be almost certain in this scenario, I highly doubt the Dr.s are going to just believe people when they ask about drug use. I would almost guarantee they are going to run the check to rule it out as a cause.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Never heard of that. When I asked Emergency medical guys if I should bother with a blood type patch on my vest carrier they all told me they won't take your word for it on blood type stateside anyway, they'll give you universal (O-) until they type your blood absent some sort of MCI. The only "medical" information I get on your driver's license is if you need corrective lenses to drive.
    I probably have the patriot act laws and some other stuff mixed together. I do read a lot sometimes I think to much. However, when you can't hear that's the only option you have to stay informed. Thank you for the reply BBI.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    What is the rule on drug test, I think they are mandatory in an accident with injuries? Isn't there a proposed change or possibly already a change to make it not a felony? Seems I heard this recently.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    If the blood test came back showing cannabinoids, it might be because you are ingesting cannabinoids. CBD is a cannabinoid harvested from cannabis. If you tested positive for thc, then that is different.

Cbd is currently cool with the feds, with thc being the "bad drug".

What kind of cbd product are you taking? Who is the manufacturer?

Your test result might just be the cbd showing up like it should.

Last edited:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I too use CBD to manage pain. There is a Delta 8 variant that is stronger than regular CBD for pain relief but can also trigger a positive on a drug screen.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    Yep my dad drives school bus and they told the drivers not to use it because it will show positive on their drug screen and they will be fired for it.

I think this is BS. CBD is legal but you can’t use it because technology can’t differentiate between the two on a test. IMO, that should be their problem, not your dad’s. I’m in the same boat working for DHS and DoD, I can’t take it either.

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    "The Department of Transportation requires testing for marijuana and not CBD"

This may be a problem if the Labs don't have a way to do this yet?

New Law July 1

The marijuana bill that made it​

Senate Bill 201 - Authored by Sen. Michael Young (R)

What it says: Provides defense to prosecution for a person who operates a vehicle with marijuana or its metabolite in the person's blood under certain conditions.

The defense is applicable if at the time of operation the person was not intoxicated, the person did not cause a traffic accident and the substance was identified by means of a chemical test.

Last edited:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Went to my doctor 4 days ago, they are checking me for autoimmune disease. They had me do a urine sample and blood draw. I was just looking at my tests on Labcorp and I tested positive for Cannabinoid (POT) :angry: (A drug test?) I don't smoke or do Cannabis! I do take CBD oil and my doctor knows this. I used it for lower back pain and it works. Just yesterday I bought a new shotgun and did a background check ... checking I don't use Cannabis :angry: I feel like a felon :crazy: This worries me with these crazy liberals trying to destroy our 2nd
    What did you think CBD was short for?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What is the rule on drug test, I think they are mandatory in an accident with injuries? Isn't there a proposed change or possibly already a change to make it not a felony? Seems I heard this recently.

Serious Bodily Injury/Death require a blood draw for intoxication for all involved drivers, regardless of fault. That's how Bisard got detected. SBI is defined as prolonged or permanent loss of a limb or eyesight, prolonged unconsciousness, or injuries likely to cause death. Think comas, limb amputations, that sort of thing.

I have no idea about any proposed change. Post up a link.

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348

Check this google explanation about CBD and drug tests :) Maybe I'm just stupid but this explanation makes my head swim LOL

CBD will not show up in a drug test because drug tests are not screening for it. CBD products may well contain THC, however, so you can fail a drug test after taking CBD products.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I probably have the patriot act laws and some other stuff mixed together. I do read a lot sometimes I think to much. However, when you can't hear that's the only option you have to stay informed. Thank you for the reply BBI.

Patriot Act medical records access was also overblown to create controversy were it doesn't really exist because it benefits the media and politicians. It allowed access to "business records" which include medical records in some instances, most of which require a court order absent some compelling reason the information needs to be released earlier. If there is a mass casualty from a terrorist releasing an unknown chemical and you die, I don't need a warrant to see what killed you. (Killed by criminal activity is an exception). If you were a patient, go on a shooting spree, then flee, I don't need a warrant and the hospital doesn't violate HIPAA to give me your identifiers from your medical records, etc. It's not just some .gov drone can show up and start sifting through medical records looking for someone who took CBD.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Check this google explanation about CBD and drug tests :) Maybe I'm just stupid but this explanation makes my head swim LOL

CBD will not show up in a drug test because drug tests are not screening for it. CBD products may well contain THC, however, so you can fail a drug test after taking CBD products.

Here's the nutshell version: CBD is not supposed to contain THC, but there is no FDA oversite or other governing body (just like with supplements) and manufacturers sometimes release product with measurable THC. If you have a job that will fire you for THC, you are rolling the dice to use it.

Top Bottom