• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    Went to my doctor 4 days ago, they are checking me for autoimmune disease. They had me do a urine sample and blood draw. I was just looking at my tests on Labcorp and I tested positive for Cannabinoid (POT) :angry: (A drug test?) I don't smoke or do Cannabis! I do take CBD oil and my doctor knows this. I used it for lower back pain and it works. Just yesterday I bought a new shotgun and did a background check ... checking I don't use Cannabis :angry: I feel like a felon :crazy: This worries me with these crazy liberals trying to destroy our 2nd

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    CBD is not the type of marijuana that's a Schedule 1 controlled substance. CBD is a cannabinoid, but it doesn't have enough THC (chemical compound that gets you stoned) to be considered "marijuana" to the feds.

Shouldn't be anything to worry about as far as gun ownership or background checks, or is there another worry?

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    CBD is not the type of marijuana that's a Schedule 1 controlled substance. CBD is a cannabinoid, but it doesn't have enough THC (chemical compound that gets you stoned) to be considered "marijuana" to the feds.

Shouldn't be anything to worry about as far as gun ownership or background checks, or is there another worry?
    I think the worry comes from the fact that he went in for standard tests for autoimmune disorder, and they threw in a drug screening without his knowledge, and now that is in his permanent medical record. "IF" anything were to ever happen, medical records could be subpoenaed and it would show cannabinoid use, which could potentially cause trouble for him, even though he doesn't actually use marijuana.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I think the worry comes from the fact that he went in for standard tests for autoimmune disorder, and they threw in a drug screening without his knowledge, and now that is in his permanent medical record. "IF" anything were to ever happen, medical records could be subpoenaed and it would show cannabinoid use, which could potentially cause trouble for him, even though he doesn't actually use marijuana.
    understood, I see how that is worrying. I wonder if that drug screening is standard or part of the other tests OP had. Pepi have you gotten any clarification from your doctors about this?

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    understood, I see how that is worrying. I wonder if that drug screening is standard or part of the other tests OP had. Pepi have you gotten any clarification from your doctors about this?
    The doctor will be calling me on Monday. I'm going to tell her I'm going to see my buddy (lawyer) I find this BS. I'm almost 70 years old and haven't smoked any weed for over 50 years. Maybe it's still in my system :)

"but it doesn't have enough THC (a chemical compound that gets you stoned) to be considered "marijuana" to the feds." Problem is .. The test doesn't say it's CBD. It just says Cannabis. It doesn't even tell how much was in my blood? I just feel the control on all of us coming :(

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Went to my doctor 4 days ago, they are checking me for autoimmune disease. They had me do a urine sample and blood draw. I was just looking at my tests on Labcorp and I tested positive for Cannabinoid (POT) :angry: (A drug test?) I don't smoke or do Cannabis! I do take CBD oil and my doctor knows this. I used it for lower back pain and it works. Just yesterday I bought a new shotgun and did a background check ... checking I don't use Cannabis :angry: I feel like a felon :crazy: This worries me with these crazy liberals trying to destroy our 2nd
    CBD is federally legal. Don't worry about it.

And it's not the liberals trying to destroy your 2nd Amendment rights by using drug tests and prohibiting marijuana.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yep my dad drives school bus and they told the drivers not to use it because it will show positive on their drug screen and they will be fired for it.

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    CBD is federally legal. Don't worry about it.

And it's not the liberals trying to destroy your 2nd Amendment rights by using drug tests and prohibiting marijuana.
    I didn't say it was the Liberals and Cannabis. I know they are for making it legal. I mean they would use it as a tool on the 2nd while it is illegal. Also, even if Cannabis was legal I bet you would lose your CDL permit if it in your system during a test. I bet DadSmith's dad would also.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

This is yet another good reason why cannabis needs to be decriminalized.

I do not use it myself but do not care what others put in their bodies as long as they bear full responsibility for their choices.

It has, in fact, proven to be a very useful God given plant for numerous situations.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Don't sweat it. CBD use can result in a positive since that is what they look for- cannabinoid. Too many poppy seed bagels will do the same thing. You've discussed it with your doc so it should be documented what and why you're using it so that should cover you.
    Also the 4473 says marijuana, not CBD, not cannabinoid. If worst comes to worst you can have a test done showing levels of THC and it should come back as 0 or thereabouts.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The doctor will be calling me on Monday. I'm going to tell her I'm going to see my buddy (lawyer) I find this BS.

Maybe talk to your buddy lawyer first before threatening your doctor with it. Nobody cares. The feds aren't subpoenaing your medical records for CBD oil use.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Maybe talk to your buddy lawyer first before threatening your doctor with it. Nobody cares. The feds aren't subpoenaing your medical records for CBD oil use.
    But could they say he is using and deny him if they do get ahold of this test? School here already warned bus drivers not to use CBD oil. They already know about poppy seeds so my dad avoids them too.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There are other areas where that could be a problem to have on your record, specifically insurance underwriting and I believe certain SS disability benefits can be curtailed for abuse

And I doubt the test can tell CBD use from Chronic use, so neither could any one making it an issue - nor could you prove it either way

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    But could they say he is using and deny him if they do get ahold of this test? School here already warned bus drivers not to use CBD oil. They already know about poppy seeds so my dad avoids them too.

Who's "they"? Schrodinger's federal government? Simultaneously completely inept and ineffective, yet somehow omnipotent and omniscient enough to pursue some random dude. "They" don't care. "They" have plenty of real cases to pursue and limited resources to pursue them. They aren't sifting through medical records waiting to pounce on Pepi. Nobody cares but Pepi. It's a complete non-issue. Dude is getting checked for an autoimmune disease. I'm not a doctor, but that sounds like it's going to include a toxicology screen for the simple reasons toxins can contribute to autoimmune disorders. He almost certainly signed a consent for a tox screen. Which is why I told him to talk to his lawyer buddy before he blows up at his doctor for doing what he's supposed to be doing.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Who's "they"? Schrodinger's federal government? Simultaneously completely inept and ineffective, yet somehow omnipotent and omniscient enough to pursue some random dude. "They" don't care. "They" have plenty of real cases to pursue and limited resources to pursue them. They aren't sifting through medical records waiting to pounce on Pepi. Nobody cares but Pepi. It's a complete non-issue. Dude is getting checked for an autoimmune disease. I'm not a doctor, but that sounds like it's going to include a toxicology screen for the simple reasons toxins can contribute to autoimmune disorders. He almost certainly signed a consent for a tox screen. Which is why I told him to talk to his lawyer buddy before he blows up at his doctor for doing what he's supposed to be doing.
    I hope you are right. I think they pursue anything they think they can get someone prosecuted. I mean they spent millions to prosecute people for lying under oath and they got community service for it. So yeah I think they will go after anything they can get their hands on and get an easy conviction.

I understand your point also.

While you are here. Can officers pull up any kind of medical records from the driver's license? I remember years ago that was trying to be passed or was being talked about in case of an auto accident they can see your blood type medication etc. That was the excuse they gave anyway.

Or is that a federal government thing with the patriot act and no ties to drivers license?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom