• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would expand the conversation beyond voting to being politically active for what we believe, including financial contributions. Being an advocate for what we believe in our communities in a positive manner and that means going to meetings with groups we don't agree with in order to better understand their concerns and express disagreements with them.

I agree. That's something that we have a wide range of actions available and choices to make. And those are individual choices. No collective self-deprecating nebulous group guilt to tsk, tsk at while nothing changes. And not everyone is cut out for out on the lines advocacy. If nothing else we can support those who do in many ways including financial support.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I never told my kids that responsibility was cool. I just went to work came home dirty and paid my bills. I put a roof over their head, clothes on their back and food in on the table.

They are all hard workers in intact families.

One went crazy as a teen, but that is on her. She has settled down now.

:yesway:

(Virtual rep)

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    It’s a smooth drink takes me back to the 70’s when my dad would have a drink at the VFW and I would get a Coke with beer peanuts and sit at the bar. Quietly listening to stories from WW1 to Vietnam never speaking just learning from strong men.

I guess that cannot happen in today’s world?

This brought back memories. I can smell the 7 & 7, and taste the sip I sneaked!!

Dad was Navy during WW2. Mom had 6 brothers, all WW2 or Korea vets. They would sip 7 & 7's and talk with me sitting absorbing it all.

I was quiet most of time, well there was the incident when I shot my pop gun behind the couch once and a startled them. PTSD wasn't the term then but I learned what it was. The hard way.

Loved and miss everyone of them.

Don

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    IMPD was accepting bottles of water from "supporters" during the disturbances downtown. I don't think that's a good idea going forward. I know people want to help, but one should not underestimate the evil out there...

glass.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/us/national-guard-soldiers-found-glass-in-pizza

Well that’s one way to gain their support for your side :rolleyes:

If they had any sympathy for them, I’m betting that’s out the window now.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I got a ton of work to do today... but I remembered something I wanted to post...

INGO's big on the idea that schools are liberal indoctrination mills, but I simply have to share this one anecdote.

My wife was watching a horrible potato video - taken by a guy holding his phone on his computer screen, but something caught my eye. I don't have time to find it here, but one user posted a conspiracy theory that the cops arresting Floyd were actors, and they were at Sandy Hook, etc.

Anywho, I asked my wife where she got this video... "Oh, a teacher sent it to me."

:facepalm:

A guy at work said the same thing. They’re actors and they were at the Florida school shooting. I couldn’t help but laugh. Do I think the left could pull some **** like that in an election year to discredit trump? I wouldn’t rule anything out. Do I think George Floyd’s death were staged actors? Not at all. I think an unarmed man was needlessly killed, and it’s a tragedy. People trying to turn it into a conspiracy theory just makes our side look like jackasses. Even if we don’t agree with Floyd’s past actions, every life is the most valuable thing on earth, and we should show respect. I agree with the outrage about what happened. I don’t agree with rioters or looters.

Here’s my 2 cents (if it’s even worth that).

Conspiracy theorists make our side look as pathetic as the rioters and looters make their side look. A human being, black or white I don’t care, was killed by police needlessly. They were charged with his murder. Let’s focus on how to make these instances not happen in the future and stop focusing on politics. It’s heartbreaking every time you get on YouTube and see a fight or murder or whatever, the comments are full of “trump supporter” this or “libtard” that. Our society is going to collapse because every time someone spits on a cheeseburger their political views become the focus. Geez

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    In the video they have in the article it really looks like she's going slow and they're jumping onto her hood. I don't think the charges will stick.
    Agreed. The guy with the orange vest (if you slow it frame by frame) you can watch his legs go through the motions of jumping and the chick on the hood clearly jumps up and onto the hood intentionally. **** those people

Top Bottom