• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    We all been behind these people as their blocks of snow blow off the roof and coming crashing down in front of us, well a little pay back from Karma. The young lady casually loads her bags into the van and starts it up. I see the wipers try to move but too much snow. She tries again, same result. Finally she gets out and starts digging for something to removal the snow.

snvan.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I never follow people too closely in this weather so I never have paid much attention to snow falling off their vehicle.

ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    Yes I hate these people! Guy in front of me today stopped at a stop sign and all the snow on his roof slid on his windshield. I was stuck behind him while he took his time to get out of the car and clean all the snow off his car.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Why would you hate someone for that? I have a roof rack and my snow stays nicely located in the middle, very hard to clear it off. If it falls off, it hits the road or falls onto their windshield when braking. I guess it could be a hazard if they can't see, but this isn't something worth me getting upset about. I save that for the freaking idiots who load the toilet paper upside down on the roll holder :xmad:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Why would you hate someone for that? I have a roof rack and my snow stays nicely located in the middle, very hard to clear it off. If it falls off, it hits the road or falls onto their windshield when braking. I guess it could be a hazard if they can't see, but this isn't something worth me getting upset about. I save that for the freaking idiots who load the toilet paper upside down on the roll holder :xmad:
    I'd hate to see what happens when somebody sits the new roll on top of the entry cardboard tube...

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The absolute worst are those fools who scrape a tiny hole through the snow/ice right in front of the steering wheel and no where else. Just plain stupid.

JimboCX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I dislike it. Even if you aren't following that close, the wind picks it up and can hit your car. If they can clean everything else, why not the roof.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I though Indiana had a statute that required people to clean their cars.

You have to be careful around trucks. I lost a windshield on I 70 when a Penske rental truck passed me. It was about a 19 foot box truck. A slab of thick ice about the size of a card table slid off the top and dented my hood, roof and took out the windshield. Of course I had my hands full maintaining control and could not get a truck number. The Insurance company didn't really give me any grief, but it was a pretty intense few moments.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    No, I don't hate people for leaving snow on their car roofs. Doesn't bother me in the least. In fact I like it ... I LOVE IT.
    I like to drive behind them and pretend I'm in a blowing blizzard.
    Or I like to pretent that I'm flying a plane with zero visibility and must rely on my instruments.

I was watching ice fly off a tractor trailer the other day. It was on the other side of I65 ... Probably dangerous but it looked cool when it smashed on the pavement.

Too much hate in the world.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

There is no "upside down" to that,the trail just comes off a different side.It's not like one way will cause the paper to unravel against gravity...or will it?Time to experiment.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's significantly more difficult to clean the roof off.

This.

And I can honestly say I've never had the wind pick up a solid sheet of snow/ice and have it hit my car. I've never even seen it happen actually although I'm sure it does. In any case it's not something I'm worried about. I don't care if someone wants to clean off the top of their car or not.

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Hate people for this? NO. Hate is a strong word. Snow from someone else car has never hit my car in large enough pieces before to be an issue, but I don't tailgate either. Now from a semi truck that is sometimes harder to avoid, but I still don't "hate" anyone for it.

I get more aggervated at the people who pull flat bed trailers who don't clean the chunks of dirt and gravel off of them before hitting the highway. But I still don't hate them.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I don't tailgate, I kinda enjoy watching the snow blowing off the roofs. Never had an incident with chunks of ice hitting my car and I don't clean mine off either. But then again I park under cover so there isn't any to clean off

Top Bottom