• ...and so much more!
  • ShaunB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yes/yes.

I asked to see an Indiana driver's license and an LTCH.
    This was for the purpose of checking the face in front of me to the birth date and state residency, and that they were able to travel a handgun (this was before the law changed...and for my own preference & not required of the state either).

Thank you Jet Girl, I too suggest at a minimum checking age and residency. Selling a handgun to someone under 21 is something I cannot do or a pistol grip shotgun. But then you know that already.

So is it safe to say you used common sense when selling your firearm to a complete stranger ?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Thank you Jet Girl, I too suggest at a minimum checking age and residency. Selling a handgun to someone under 21 is something I cannot do or a pistol grip shotgun. But then you know that already.

So is it safe to say you used common sense when selling your firearm to a complete stranger ?
    I can sell a handgun to an 18 year old. Told you that you were held to a ridiculous standard, but don't take that standard and try to expand it and make what I do illegal. That is self serving.

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Bunny I am sorry but in my opinion of you do not get these items when buying or selling a firearm from someone you do not know you are not doing yourself any favors.

If you know the person, fine that's your judgment...but if you find a guy at a gunshow with cash and a smile I recommend covering your butt.

Hopefully more people will tell me I am way off base here and I will start suggesting something different to those who ask the question.

Good Luck in the Fort, I wont recommend anyone I know to your shop. I seriously cant believe that you guys buy into this crap. Good luck.

ShaunB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Back on topic I can tell you we had a very interesting Deny come through the shop on one of our regular customers. Who had never been denied before, he call the NICS hotline and had to write a letter to appeal.

They replied with regards to him being in a car accident and being diagnosed with PTSD, I told him I wasn't aware they had access to those records but that is what they told him.

His firearm is still sitting in our cage while he tries to get it sorted out with NICS.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Back on topic I can tell you we had a very interesting Deny come through the shop on one of our regular customers. Who had never been denied before, he call the NICS hotline and had to write a letter to appeal.

They replied with regards to him being in a car accident and being diagnosed with PTSD, I told him I wasn't aware they had access to those records but that is what they told him.

His firearm is still sitting in our cage while he tries to get it sorted out with NICS.
    And that is complete horse**** and you know it. Have him call me, I will sell him a gun if I have what he is looking for

ShaunB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Not if you think coming away from the transaction without a signed piece of paper shows lack of common sense.

I tell people that who might not know the laws of buying and selling firearms, it does cover you on any instance the firearm is traced but if you do not see a need for that then that's your opinion.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I don't understand the issues ?

Can you clarify what might make you an expert on the matter ?

You do not get any warm ups for these interviews and when they edit the 30 minute interview into a 1 minute segment some things get lost in translation.

Some of you people honestly need to go hug your family and get off that horse you have been riding.

FELONS BUYING GUNS IN THE PARKING LOTS OF GUN SHOWS IS SOMETHING I DO NOT AGREE WITH !!!

Do you ?

Most people with common sense will get a bill of sale or copy of the buyers drivers license to protect them if their is any traces put on that firearm if recovered in a crime or it is stolen. We discuss this with people in our shop all the time when the topic of selling your firing to a private individual comes up. Seller & Buyer beware, some people just don't give a ****.

Then again I could also say that those people looking to the local news for accurate information might have bigger problems to worry about.

I know this post is old but I am sick of people trolling for an argument on the internet, if you have a problem come into the shop and lets discuss it. If your opinion is different then mine or any of the people that work for me then I would like to hear it.

You talk a lot, but you seem to be avoiding the most basic question.

Do you believe that all firearm sales should have to go through an FFL?

ShaunB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    And that is complete horse**** and you know it. Have him call me I will sell him a gun if I have what he is looking for

He is a very regular customer and yes it is bull****, but nothing I can do about it. I gave him the number for Kim with FBI NICS and he still didn't get any further to being able to take his gun home.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    O Actually I didn't say that at all. I'm very up to date on the legislation that failed and never supported it. I actually have no problem stopping private gun sales to anyone your not related to. Everyone here has seen some weirdo purchasing a firearm with no background check at a gun show. Now we all know that it wouldn't stop all mass shootings or firearms crimes, but it may keep you from selling a firearm to someone with a criminal history or mental issue at a gun show. Thing is, a universal background check hurts no one, now the other bull**** in this bill does and that's why I stated I could not support any legislation without knowing every detail. I also mentioned the possibility of combining the NICS background with the national mental health registry. I am a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment and will continue to resist any and all anti gun legislation. I also do not see any reason that there shouldn't be free background checks given at all gun shows. This way you can be sure any firearm your selling is being purchased by a lawful citizen. If you do not believe people attend gun shows on purpose to purchase a firearm who legally can not then you need to educate yourselves. For example, we have people coming into the store and attempting it, so why wouldn't they go to a gun show. To the OP, please educate yourself before spreading false statements. I wish the interview would have been edited better.

Are you serious ?

So is this what you do in your spare time is just troll for arguments ?

Why the hell would I care who you sell the gun to, as long as when you buy it from me it is for you at the time to prevent any straw buys.

Hmmm...I read your posts but I don't believe you. Your employee made it very clear your stance in your gun shop. You can't blame the news for editing this masterpiece. The message comes from the top down, not the bottom up.

Least we forget, it was your employee bumping a well forgotten about thread that started the backlash your shop is receiving.

And now you jump in, tell us we have no common sense and call us trolls :n00b:

Perhaps your anger should be directed at the employee, not the potential customers. Perhaps a soft tone, a reiteration that you support private sales and an apology for any misconception that resulted from careless comments by an employee would have been a much better approach.

If your aim was to clear some things up that may have been taken out of context, your fail is in the epic spectrum.

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Please

So.....are sniperco employees NOT for UBC or the banning of private sales now? :dunno: It seems like a couple days ago, they were.

Answer this mans question Shaun. You seem to be changing the subject and backing down????

Top Bottom