• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    I'm relatively new to firearms and carrying. I was wondering if any of you topped off the magazines in your carry weapon to carry at the full +1 capacity.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Most do. Those who do not rarely support their choice not to with anything beyond, "x number of rounds ought to get the job done."

Since one cannot know what the "job" will entail, I think it wiser to have more than you guess you'll be able to get by with.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Always top off. I typically have an empty mag to load the +1 to the chamber...saves on having to load/unload a mag.

I've also convinced my wife to allow me to leave my EDC loaded 24/7 so I don't have to rotate carry ammo nearly as often.

r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    While carrying, I always do.

If I'm just going plinking with some friends in a field, I tend to load the mag completely, slam it in and start having fun.

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    No. I like to be able to contain all my rounds in one magazine. I cross over into Illinois frequently and don't like unloading my gun and having a loose round.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I do and every first of the month I take my magazines apart and make sure the springs are good to go. Something I picked up from the desert when you have a full combat load don't want your magazines to fail because the springs have stayed compressed for so long.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Yep. It's better to have and not need than to need and not have.

I ALWAYS carry a spare mag also. Someone once questioned me on that asking what I think I'm going to run into, an army? Well, have you ever thought of a malfunction with the mag in the gun?

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    I do and every first of the month I take my magazines apart and make sure the springs are good to go. Something I picked up from the desert when you have a full combat load don't want your magazines to fail because the springs have stayed compressed for so long.

The compression does not wear your springs wear out. There could be some creep over time, but alternating stresses are actually what destroys a metal.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Beretta; yes
    M&P; no, but both are locked and loaded due to death threats by the family of the guy that molested my daughter.

Even two of the girls, one of whom is the victim is ready and able to shoot

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    Beretta; yes
    M&P; no, but both are locked and loaded due to death threats by the family of the guy that molested my daughter.

Hope the scumbag gets his due from someone other than you, but glad to hear you are ready if need be. Same for your daughter.

Yep when I load up, I go to full capacity.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Beretta; yes

Sorry it's had to come to this...

OP: Yes. Always. Also have at least one spare mag on me. Handguns and mags are machines. Machines can and will break, often at the most inopportune time.

Top Bottom