Do you think war will ever hit america's soil ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    IMO we will definitely have armed conflict of some sort or another on our soil. Why should we be exempt from history? We have had armed conflict on our soil already. We have simply chosen to label it "manifest destiny" or settling the Wild Wild West to make it more psychologically more acceptable.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    im already braced for what is going to happen but the thing i fear the most isnt shooting at some one, its keeping my family safe, when i leave the house who is keeping them safe. ye my wife can shoot but how good is she under pressure.. and how would we the epeople coordinate with each other when this happens. would there be a "base camp" or is it gonna be a free for all. how would we organize. i know there is no way that we could organize on through here... rules state that clearly. what do we do?

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    im already braced for what is going to happen but the thing i fear the most isnt shooting at some one, its keeping my family safe, when i leave the house who is keeping them safe. ye my wife can shoot but how good is she under pressure.. and how would we the epeople coordinate with each other when this happens. would there be a "base camp" or is it gonna be a free for all. how would we organize. i know there is no way that we could organize on through here... rules state that clearly. what do we do?

Sshhhhh!
    When "they" do it it is called training.

If we do it "they" call it plotting domestic terrorism.

Now I understand the zombie "training" films

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    AHHHHH the zombie survival guide.... i need to re read it... why didnt i notice that the first time. stupid stupid stupid:ugh:

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    War is a constant throughout history. I don't see anything that will change it in the near future. Our military strength has been through the strength of our economy. Soon, we will not be the strongest economy on Earth. We will be surpassed by China. They have been rapidly growing their military since the mid 80's. Lately, they have geared it specifically to fight our sea and air forces. I think it is a matter of time before they come debt collecting :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My opinion: When war comes back to America, it will be another Revolutionary War. Eventually, people will get tired of living under an oppressive government that does not represent them nor value their freedoms. Some states will try to stand up for states rights and the federal government will try to put that action down.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    History does repeat it's self. I was thinking of conflicts that have occured on American soil, like calling out the National Guard during the Pullman Strike, or the National Guard action in the Virden Massacre, the Coal Wars in West Virginia around Matewan in Mingo County. The Papist conflicts in Boston...there have been alot of conflicts in the United States already, many government sanctioned, a collusion of Government and Corporations...our past was bloody, in contrast we have had a peacable time of it of late domestically...I suspect that we can have these events again, but luckily the Nortern Army Command, with the help of Canadian Soldiers will be there to quash, er help in the event of bread riots.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    History does repeat it's self. I was thinking of conflicts that have occured on American soil, like calling out the National Guard during the Pullman Strike, or the National Guard action in the Virden Massacre, the Coal Wars in West Virginia around Matewan in Mingo County. The Papist conflicts in Boston...there have been alot of conflicts in the United States already, many government sanctioned, a collusion of Government and Corporations...our past was bloody, in contrast we have had a peacable time of it of late domestically...I suspect that we can have these events again, but luckily the Nortern Army Command, with the help of Canadian Soldiers will be there to quash, er help in the event of bread riots.

I misspoke, the National Guard was not involved in the Virden Massacre, I was thinking of another event.

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    My opinion: When war comes back to America, it will be another Revolutionary War. Eventually, people will get tired of living under an oppressive government that does not represent them nor value their freedoms. Some states will try to stand up for states rights and the federal government will try to put that action down.

I share that opinion, only because the nuclear threat will hold off outside invasion for some time to come. The matters at home won't hold out that long.

WOLVERINES!!!

Frikkin Awesome! Terrible acting, or at least dated acting, but I own a copy even though I saw it when it FIRST came out. Probably everybody here owns a copy.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    We have been invaded by liberal ideals more than anything. Our population has been dumbed down in many ways and I believe this is the biggest danger to our country.

I couldn't agree with this more. Do you know how many people can't do simple things or survive on their own? I'm kind of included in that... I don't know how I could live without the grocery store among many other things.

Make'em dumb, make'em controllable.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    We will be invaded or attacked again at some point, maybe now, maybe later. Are you going to be ready?

I still believe that, with all the illegals here, we have already been invaded. We don't know who all of them are, or where they are from, or what their intentions are. They could be harmless, but how many aren't?

Plus, add to that, "our" government's refusal to close the border and remove the illegals already here, we are at risk.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think we will see it sooner than we think. Whether this man is correct, only time will tell.

I do think that God has given each man and woman talents and that to Praise Our God, we should share our talents. Remember the song, This little light of mine....."?

We Are our brothers keeper and for us who know how to survive with out the grocery store should share our talents with those who don't. Teach them to clean your harvests, cook your harvest and to help in otherways. You job may be just to put food on the table. Never turn your back on you neighbor, no matter how helpless they may seem to be.

If War does come to our Land, then let it be in my time so my grandchildren and their children can live a life of Freedom.

MHO

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    North Korea is threating the Hawaiian Islands July 04 or after.

Our Military Defense Systems around the Islands are being escalated as we speak.
    North Korea has a ship with suspected nuclear materials onboard
    being monitered by U.S. Warships.

Our Warships are going to prevent it from making a port, causing it to run out of fuel.

The U.N. is preventing the U.S. from boarding it,
    even though they have made a threat against the U.S.

The U.N. is preventing them from nothing.

Just another day under the new administration.
    Can't wait to see what next week brings.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I wonder if S. Korea will try to slip another ship through while the McCain is watching the "first". Surely, our military will be watching for such an event.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    WOLVERINES!!!

HELLS YES!

I still believe that, with all the illegals here, we have already been invaded. We don't know who all of them are, or where they are from, or what their intentions are. They could be harmless, but how many aren't?

Plus, add to that, "our" government's refusal to close the border and remove the illegals already here, we are at risk.

Harmless or not, they're criminals and should be treated as such. Not violent criminals, just lock them up and send them to Mexico Jail. Or put them to work in OUR jails manufacturing things for US for free, I bet they stop coming in droves. Those who still come and get caught will be treated more easily on a case to case basis. Political Refugee, why? Foriegn criminal, jail. Family on the run from drug runners, ok.

Either way, the sheer numbers of them, and how spread they are, we're talking massive take overs of large cells we never saw coming. Kinda hard to respond to that if only 1 in 10 people in this Country carry and 1 in 3 own them in their home...

North Korea is threating the Hawaiian Islands July 04 or after.

Our Military Defense Systems around the Islands are being escalated as we speak.
    North Korea has a ship with suspected nuclear materials onboard
    being monitered by U.S. Warships.

Our Warships are going to prevent it from making a port, causing it to run out of fuel.

The U.N. is preventing the U.S. from boarding it,
    even though they have made a threat against the U.S.

The U.N. is preventing them from nothing.

Just another day under the new administration.
    Can't wait to see what next week brings.

NK has become the largest most immediate threat next to Jihadists. They can't attack us, but they can attack SK instead just because they hate the world. And WHAT IF China takes their side? Or Russia? Scary likely scenarios. None of which has anything to do with invasion here. I don't expect to see any pith helmets bobbing around in the wheat fields anytime soon.

Someone also said something about gang wars. So right, but you can bet your big fat butt G's and Crip's and Blood's will be the "criminals" you want on our side and I can guarantee the G's are, or at least all the ones I know. The others, well, your guess is as good as mine.

Regardless, if anything happens here we are looking at UN troops, terrorist cells, Illegals/Drug Cartels, but the scary version looks like our own soldiers and Mercs. The later the least likely. Minus the mercs part. Look to be fighting hired soldiers in whatever kind of conflict this Country will see here.

Perhaps the scariest scenerio is a direct repeat of our Civil War.

Top Bottom