Do you approve of peacefully armed protesters?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you approve of peacefully armed protesters?

• Total voters

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    :patriot:I think that the people who are exercising their 2nd amendment rights by openly displaying their firearms at the political gatherings are doing more harm than good with the gutless wonders that we have elected to guide this country. Just look at the responses they have given as the result of seeing gun-toting American citizens no matter how legal or how well behaved the gun carriers are. To most of these elected idiots, the show of firearms is the same as a declaration of an open and armed revolt. Do not get me wrong. I am a strong proponent of the 2nd amendment giving us all the right to keep and bear arms as long as we are qualified to do so. I just do not see any good coming out of waving a gun in the face of a Barney Frank or Maxine Waters or Chuckie Shumer or Teddy Kennedy or Diane Feinstein or Babara Boxer or any of the rest of the anti-gun crowd. There are just some times when a little discretion will go much farther with our electorate. Right now, they are all probably drafting up more ways to tax us for firearms ownership since it will still be almost impossible for them to confiscate our guns. Just my opinion.:twocents:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    :patriot:I think that the people who are exercising their 2nd amendment rights by openly displaying their firearms at the political gatherings are doing more harm than good with the gutless wonders that we have elected to guide this country. Just look at the responses they have given as the result of seeing gun-toting American citizens no matter how legal or how well behaved the gun carriers are. To most of these elected idiots, the show of firearms is the same as a declaration of an open and armed revolt. Do not get me wrong. I am a strong proponent of the 2nd amendment giving us all the right to keep and bear arms as long as we are qualified to do so. I just do not see any good coming out of waving a gun in the face of a Barney Frank or Maxine Waters or Chuckie Shumer or Teddy Kennedy or Diane Feinstein or Babara Boxer or any of the rest of the anti-gun crowd. There are just some times when a little discretion will go much farther with our electorate. Right now, they are all probably drafting up more ways to tax us for firearms ownership since it will still be almost impossible for them to confiscate our guns. Just my opinion.:twocents:

This is called "taking counsel of one's fears" and is usually a bad idea. The Franks, Kennedys, Feinsteins, Schumers, Boxers, and Obamas, et al are already our enemies. Things like this aren't going to make them more our enemies. They already are doing everything they think they can get away with and will continue to do anything they think they can get away with to make sure that you and me and anyone else who doesn't serve their "elite" circle have access to anything more dangerous than a tethered cork popgun.

It wasn't any coincidence that Pelosi came down and squelched the idea of AWB-II at a time when the biggest gun buy in history was going on. She knows what a slaughterhouse (politically speaking) it would be come next November if anything like that were passed now. So now we need other ways to keep the pressure on, to keep front row center in front of Pelosi, Boxer, Schumer, et al, that we are not going to sit back and accept more restrictions on our rights. To let them know that if they sign on that dotted line, the next line they sign on will be at the unemployment office.

And the instant that pressure comes off, look for them to go right to type and ban anything they think they can get away with.

If the politician cannot do math, they have staffers who can and who can explain it to them in words of one syllable. You and I see one black man with an AR15 at a rally in Arizona. They see one man who feels strongly enough to take that risk and a hundred or a thousand behind him who may not feel strongly enough to show up like that, but do feel strongly enough to vote that way come next November.

Wars and battles, metaphorical or otherwise, are rarely won through surrender.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Actually, I've only seen a few quotes from politicians on the subject at all. Most are from the same ones at different times.

Most of the "vilifying" is coming from the media and anti-gun groups. Not the politicians. The real policy makers are being pretty quite on this. Let the media and anti's moan and groan. There's nothing they can do about it except influence. Which is why I'm organizing a march to show that we are just like the rest of the people, but choose to fight for our Constitution and hopefully rally others to do so as well.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Yes, I have dozens of people saying they look forward to joining us at rallies and protests. Please make good on your word, armed or unarmed. Get active please.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If you all would like to attend but not carry, we could really use some people with camera's to help cover our butts if anyone says we did something we didn't do...

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    I think that an armed, polite ,articulate and knowledgeable protester can have a positive effect on letting people know that gun carrying people are not a threat. You need to be able to answer questions without being an a$$ hat . You would have to answer questions with answers that were intelegent and truthfull .

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would like to see more Americans exercising their right to carry. Only as the public sees more of this, without the guns jumping out by themselves and mass murdering everyone at an event, will they become more comfortable with it. While I support everyones right to carry, at these protests and rallies I would like to see more Open Carry. When you CC how does anyone, but you, know you are exercising your rights?
    I might add that you can't exercise your 1st Amendment right by keeping your mouth shut.

I agree! The sad thing is that the media does try to smear those that do open carry. I think if you do open carry appearance is important. It's almost like going for a job interview. You dress to impress. (No, that doesn't mean dressing up your AR with a nice Aimpoint:)

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I personally don't open carry unless it is around where I live and the immediate area where people don't care.

I don't have a problem with peacefully armed protesters, but I do think it can do a lot of harm to the political stance of second amendment. We all know too well that the media loves feeding people to the lions. It's been going on for as long as people have been able to communicate. Sensationalism at its worse.

I find it appalling that they give real crimes, like the various school shootings, as much air time as they do. I believe that criminals names shouldn't be spoken on TV nor their faces shown. Why give them any fame what so ever. The worst incidents are usually disturbed individuals who lust for their 15 minutes of fame.

Right now, I just wonder what mentally damaged person is planning to capitalize on all the media attention. Or, what some extremist might think is a good way to ensure a gun ban passed. After seeing some of the green peace people equip boats to specifically attack other boats, I wouldn't put much past some of the extreme nuts out there.

I think it might make positive statements though, if some of the OC demonstrations were treated like court situations. Coat, tie, shaved, groomed. Might help dispel a lot of myths.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    I'm all for open carry. I do it every day. Don't pack a carbine around generally, though. The one guy back east with the pistol in the leg holster raised enough interest, why pack a carbine, too?

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    I'm all for open carry. I do it every day. Don't pack a carbine around generally, though. The one guy back east with the pistol in the leg holster raised enough interest, why pack a carbine, too?

Because it shows how ridiculous the media is about "assault weapons". The people at ABC, MSNBC, and CNN are absolutely batty.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    America, F yeah!

americacensored.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom