• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A smart tv or a Roku ETC. Add the app and sign in and stream.
    I have one truly "smart" tv out of 4. I really don't want to have to buy 3 more tv's. I'm not sure what I would do with a Roku. I might not be so intimidated if I these things came with a full keyboard. Trying to log into anything with a tv remote is a major PITA for me.

Edit: I "think" it's a smart tv... whatever that means.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I have one truly "smart" tv out of 4. I really don't want to have to buy 3 more tv's. I'm not sure what I would do with a Roku. I might not be so intimidated if I these things came with a full keyboard. Trying to log into anything with a tv remote is a major PITA for me.

Get a Roku stick or box thing. Easy to set up and the Roku remote controls everything. Put you TV remote in a drawer and forget about it.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana

I have a Roku in the bedroom and out in the garage. The living room tv is a smart tv. Its really not bad logging in with a remote other than a few apps login menu is different. But after logging in, your done. Just watch.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    yep, and use the one that comes with it. I've had problems using others.
    Do they come with "packages" of programming, or is everything a la carte? I really don't have all that many channels that I watch on a regular basis, but DoggyMama does. One of the things that irritates me about Xfinity is that because of a couple of channels (like History for example), I have to get a higher tier package in order to get it. I don't have any "premium" channels like HBO or anything like that, but I have to pay more for what I consider basic channels just because the next lower tier doesn't include it. So is it conceivable that once I get all the subscriptions to include the channels I want, the cost would be approaching what I pay for cable?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Do they come with "packages" of programming, or is everything a la carte? I really don't have all that many channels that I watch on a regular basis, but DoggyMama does. One of the things that irritates me about Xfinity is that because of a couple of channels (like History for example), I have to get a higher tier package in order to get it. I don't have any "premium" channels like HBO or anything like that, but I have to pay more for what I consider basic channels just because the next lower tier doesn't include it. So is it conceivable that once I get all the subscriptions to include the channels I want, the cost would be approaching what I pay for cable?
    Lots of good stuff on Roku for free.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Lots of good stuff on Roku for free.
    Ooh, it has Pawn Stars, American Pickers and Swamp People... those are the 3 main shows I watch on History. That's encouraging. :thumbsup:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

We have Amazon prime, so we have Firestick on all of our tvs. Same concept as roku, each firestick comes with its own remote, and some pretty decent apps, then you can just access paramount plus or whatever you want from the firestick.

Top Bottom