• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcox

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Jackson County
    Anybody know anything about this little pocket gun? I saw one at a local gun store, and like the way it feels, and the trigger. It looks like a miniature Glock, nice sights (don't know if they would be necessary should this gun ever needed to be use in life) and breaks down like a Glock.

Found 1 new for $319 - Ok, now I am open to any input. Good, Bad, or Ugly.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I looked into them at one time, they seem to be hit and miss. I have heard that you do not want one that has A in the serial number as those are the early ones and they had the most problems. I think they offer a lifetime warranty so if anything did go wrong they will fix it.

Not sure on all that, but do a google search and you will find all the horror stories and none of the good stories.

On a good note I did watch a youtube video where a guy did a "torture test" on one and it did pretty well.

Most people will tell you to go with a Ruger LCP instead. They are cheaper and have a better track record.

ChicagoZman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Lake County
    They have a very spotty record of reliability, particularly the earlier versions, but seem to be making some progress at fixing the issues. I too like the concept immensely. It reminds me of a Glock (slide) and Kahr (frame), but hey need to prove reliability before I consider purchasing one.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Like others have said, pretty much a toss up. I have heard both good and bad stories about them. I too really like the way it looks and and love the way it feels in the hand.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    hit up Ron at tactical shotgunner (advertiser here) i believe him and his wife both carry them as BUG's

I carry it as my BUG. Yes we got an early model and had many issues with it to start with. DB did replace it and the new one we have had no issues what so ever. Their customer service is great and they want you to be happy.
    If I didn't trust it, I wouldn't carry it as my BUG

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    If it was my money, I would go with the Bersa. Proven reliable, accurate
    and inexpensive. Good customer service to, if you would ever need it.

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    For over $300, I wouldn't waste the money. There are plenty of other firearms in that price range that have proven reliability. Even if they do carry a lifetime warranty, who's to say they will be in business after Glock sues them. Not sure if they will/are but I would.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    If it was my money, I would go with the Bersa. Proven reliable, accurate
    and inexpensive. Good customer service to, if you would ever need it.

I am pretty sure the Bersa is also thicker and has the safety on the slide (most awkward position for a safety IMHO).

I say if you like the style and similarity to a Glock and it is worth the extra money over the LCP then go for it. I would have still been a little hesitant but Mrs. G just confirmed from personal experience that their customer service is great so go for it if that is what you want.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom