Texas

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Small pic on left in article says it.

Metro police said the Las Vegas woman who shot and killed her ex-boyfriend in self-defense did not have a concealed carry permit. But that likely will not impact her self-defense argument.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    This has the potential to come out sideways, but for the moment it sounds like play-stupid-games-win-stupid-prizes:

https://www.click2houston.com/news/road-rage-shooting-leaves-1-man-dead-sheriff-says

18 & 17 yo males in a vehicle driven by 15 yo (!) female are at a gas station where 39yo male driver has 88 yo mom in another vehicle. Allegedly words are exchanged. Both vehicles leave the gas station and end up in residential area. 18 yo male, either in the front seat or the back seat depending on whether you believe the article as written or the Sheriff's words as spoken, points handgun at other vehicle. 39yo male, who has a License to Carry, shoots, killing the 18 yo male (wherever he sat) and wounding the 17 yo (who was in the other pax seat). The 15yo female drives off to a home in the neighborhood, both parties call the Sheriff's Department. The 17yo is taken to surgery, expected to survive. Deputies retrieve handguns from both parties, say both parties are cooperating, standby for more news.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

An update: Grand jury will hear OPD shooting case

"This is an odd case, and it's rare," [Kentucky State Police public affairs officer] Corey King said. "If you look at the laws, both had a right to do what they did. It's one of those things where we feel they certainly didn't know who each other was."

I'm predicting there's no charges levied on anyone in this case.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    East side Indianapolis: Decor Furniture armed robbery thwarted by armed business owner

https://fox59.com/2018/08/18/i-coul...store-owner-fights-back-against-armed-robber/

That article contained much fail, in my opinion. How do you hear that a semi-auto is empty by the way the hammer cocks?

Why did the store owner tell everyone that he has a silent alarm button in the back room?

Good for the owner to use restraint because he saw beyond the target. But why does he carry rounds that will go thru the perp, the furniture in the store, the window after that and then into a by-stander? Maybe he needs to check his rounds and get something a little less FMJ like.

Chasing the bad guy to get a better description or inform the police is good. Hope he didn't plan to shoot the guy after all that.

I am sure that most of this was just an interpretation by the media to sensationalize the event, but it does make one wonder.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That article contained much fail, in my opinion. How do you hear that a semi-auto is empty by the way the hammer cocks?

Why did the store owner tell everyone that he has a silent alarm button in the back room?

Good for the owner to use restraint because he saw beyond the target. But why does he carry rounds that will go thru the perp, the furniture in the store, the window after that and then into a by-stander? Maybe he needs to check his rounds and get something a little less FMJ like.

Chasing the bad guy to get a better description or inform the police is good. Hope he didn't plan to shoot the guy after all that.

I am sure that most of this was just an interpretation by the media to sensationalize the event, but it does make one wonder.

Yeah really weird what he said about the hammer. I'm not a 1911 guy so I thought maybe he knows something I dont or it was the way the edited the soundbyte? :dunno:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Armed driver scares off carjackers in Midlothian parking lot

Midlothian is in Texas.

Guy in car outside shop waiting on his wife. Two dudes hop in his car, one has hand under shirt pointing apparent gun at him, says "the next words out of your mouth I'm going to send you to heaven." Driver (NRA, TSRA, LTC) pulls out .40 Glock and says "well, let's both go together.” Both dudes hop out of car, police nab them later. Turns out Mr. Hand-under-shirt was pointing his finger.

Kudos to driver for driving off the carjackers and cool comeback, but I think he's very lucky it was a finger gun. And keep your doors locked.

Top Bottom