• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So you'll take a republican president if it's handed to you with minimal effort on your part.
    Well not just any republican. :): I think it's hilarious that you think there's some kind of moral victory to be had here. You're like the leftists who fight over who's doing more activism for the cause. And what are you gonna do? Nevermind. I don't care. I'm not playing the virtue signal game. I'll leave that to the wingnuts.

In a word, slacktivism
    Oh, like raising awareness? :):

Bring some cash if you're proselytizing the zoomers. You'll need to compete with the pink hairs. And maybe bring a glove?

con·de·scend
    verb
    show feelings of superiority; be patronizing.
    do something in a haughty way, as though it is below one's dignity or level of importance

Bingo

Oh. I am now. I'm condescending the **** out of this post. But with cause.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Make it Lauren Bobert wearing a thigh holster - and nothing else - and I will play.
    Idunno. She doesn’t really do it for me. How bout a compromise. Paulina Luna?

1691037760013.jpeg

Granted. Bobert has a couple of strong points about her. I think Luna though has the overall bundle you want in a veep.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

a spokesman for the DeSantis campaign ‌pointed to a June⁢ 28 ⁢interview on Fox News where the governor vowed to eliminate ⁤the Education, Commerce, and Energy⁤ departments, along with the IRS, if he had the support in⁢ Congress.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Have to they been saying they will get rid of the DOE since the 80s rhough?
    He can vow it all he wants, I'm all for it. Key part is though. "if he had the support in⁢ Congress."
    Serious question... can the President simply de-staff the department? Appoint a Secretary of DOE and de-prioritize all of it's "missions" and furlough the staff?

Under the "more than one way to skin a cat" paradigm?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Serious question... can the President simply de-staff the department? Appoint a Secretary of DOE and de-prioritize all of it's "missions" and furlough the staff?

Good question. I suspect the answer is yes, but that does not mean there will not be repercussions. If there was a congress that would not impeach him, he could, because impeachment is the penalty for not following duly passed laws…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

IDK. Ask DeSantis. He's the one that vowed to "eliminate" those agencies with the caveat "if he had the support in Congress"

Top Bottom