• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It is amazing how frequently I find this turns out to be true for me too.
    Well, I think the dis du jour used to be to call them 'low information voters'

Now it's to lament their 'cult-like loyalty' to and 'worship' of their choice, which conveniently is designed burnish your own opinion by denigrating that of other

Same game, different day

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are correct about my meaning earned would have been a better word. Trump came into politics very ignorant and arrogant, it’s took him some time to acclimate himself to the Politically correct processes! Do I think he has brought some things upon himself? Absolutely without a doubt! But I have learned that fights have to be fought regardless of the level to which your opponents decide to fight. Being the better man only emboldens them! I’ve learned this myself over the last 3years dealing with the woke Victimhood society that we currently live in! Trump was just ahead of the curb in his fighting tactics. I love my Country and still have faith in Americans but we really have to do a 180 if we are going to regain our Republic. I still believe after looking at all the candidates that Trump is the only one who can turn this around and has proven that he has the focus and the courage to fight the fights. As for VP Ramaswamy is my pick and I think a great balance to Trump!
    Not a lot for me to disagree with here other than that Trump is the only one. But these are matters of opinions. I do think Ramaswamy would be a good balance for Trump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe there's hope for you yet, providing you can wrap your head around your opinions just being your opinions and neither any better or any worse than anyone elses
    In regards to opinions I’ve never thought of it as any different. Somehow you got stuck claiming that “carefully considered” ******** and I think you started believing it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Actually those are my opinions.
    My opinions are the best ones out there. If they weren't the best I would change them until they were. It's that easy.
    How much careful, even-handed weighing of opinion quality did it take to become convinced your current opinions were actually the best ones? Is best an end point or is there a continuum of bestness?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What I'm calling out is what will you do between grudgingly voting for him in the primary and grudgingly voting for him in the general, which I expect to be nothing
    It’s not likely that I’ll vote for him in the primary. If he’s it, I probably wont vote unless there are down ballot people that need a vote. I’ll vote for him in the general election if he’s the nominee.

I suspect that you and your fellow travelers will be performing the role of back bencher and contributing nothing beyond a vote to the effort to get a republican president elected, although you will continue to beat the drum for how existential the election will be up until then

I find this really odd. You expect me to become a cheer leader or I’m condescending? That’s not how this works.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It’s not likely that I’ll vote for him in the primary. If he’s it, I probably wont vote unless there are down ballot people that need a vote. I’ll vote for him in the general election if he’s the nominee.

I find this really odd. You expect me to become a cheer leader or I’m condescending? That’s not how this works.
    No, based on how you like to present yourself, I would think you might coalesce behind the nominee - even if it is Trump - and make a maximum effort to assist the party any way you can. I will be canvassing for our get out the vote efforts in metro Columbus. Ballot harvesting is illegal/a felony in Ohio so won't have to be involved
    in any of that

Even Kurt Schlichter, who is a DeSantis fan, says we should get behind the eventual winner of the primary ASAP. Like you, he thinks DeSantis would have a better chance in the general, but that won't stop him from supporting the eventual nominee

My dilemma is a bit thornier if Trump goes third party, but even if I go with him I can still vote straight R for the rest of the ballot. I get the feeling some of you guys would have been agonizing over your vote in Fetterman v Oz, if you were from Pennsylvania, because Oz was a Trump pick. We're quite happy with J D Vance, BTW

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    How much careful, even-handed weighing of opinion quality did it take to become convinced your current opinions were actually the best ones? Is best an end point or is there a continuum of bestness?
    Of course there is some careful evaluation of opinion quality - however being the sole judge in the matter does tend to expedite the process.

I believe there is a continuum of bestness. The current best is a temporary endpoint - since you never know when a new best will come along.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, based on how [I perceive that] you like to present yourself
    I had to fix that for you. You keep saying what you think I think and you haven't gotten much correct yet.

, I would think you might coalesce behind the nominee - even if it is Trump - and make a maximum effort to assist the party any way you can.
    Why? I'll probably volunteer at the local polling station. But no. I won't be canvassing. I wouldn't be canvassing if DeSantis won the nomination. I might donate money to the Republican party.

I will be canvassing for our get out the vote efforts in metro Columbus. Ballot harvesting is illegal/a felony in Ohio so won't have to be involved
    in any of that

Well good for you.

Even Kurt Schlichter, who is a DeSantis fan, says we should get behind the eventual winner of the primary ASAP. Like you, he thinks DeSantis would have a better chance in the general, but that won't stop him from supporting the eventual nominee
    I will support the eventual winner by voting for the eventual winner in the primary, unless by some catastrophic anomaly happens where one of the white knights win. I can't see myself voting for Mike Pence. He hasn't a clue about the ClownWorld™ that's coming. And I can't see how someone like the Fat Ass Pussbag (Christie) would be much better than a Democrat.

My dilemma is a bit thornier if Trump goes third party, but even if I go with him I can still vote straight R for the rest of the ballot. I get the feeling some of you guys would have been agonizing over your vote in Fetterman v Oz, if you were from Pennsylvania, because Oz was a Trump pick. We're quite happy with J D Vance, BTW

What? This is why it's hard to take you seriously. If I were in Pennsylvania, and I did not vote for Oz, it would have nothing to do with Trump other than he picked a guy who is no better than a Democrat on a lot of issues, to run against Fetterman. If I lived in Pennsylvania and Trump picked a solid, fully US-first candidate, yeah. I'd vote for him. That's pragmatic. That's voting for outcomes.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm wondering how many ardent Trump supporters here would "coalesce behind the nominee" even if it is DeSantis and "make a maximum effort to assist the party any way you can" like canvassing for him if he were the nominee? I'm betting on a goose egg. Or howbout even simply commit to vote for him for that matter?

A few haven't went as far as saying they would even "condescend" to "grudgingly" vote for DeSantis let alone make a maximum effort to assist the party in the general if he were the nominee whereas jamil and most others including myself have repeatedly said we would at least pull the lever for Trump as the GOP party nominee against the Democrats.

Last edited:
    Reactions: oze

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I'm wondering how many ardent Trump supporters here would truthfully say they would "coalesce behind the nominee" even if it is DeSantis and "make a maximum effort to assist the party any way you can" like canvass for him if he were the nominee? I'm betting on a goose egg. Or howbout even simply pledge to vote for him for that matter?

A few haven't even went as far as saying they would "condescend" to "grudgingly" vote for DeSantis in the general whereas jamil and most others like myself have repeatedly said we would at least pull the lever for Trump as the GOP party nominee against the Democrats.

1690891403889.png

Reactions: KG1

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm wondering how many ardent Trump supporters here would "coalesce behind the nominee" even if it is DeSantis and "make a maximum effort to assist the party any way you can" like canvassing for him if he were the nominee? I'm betting on a goose egg. Or howbout even simply commit to vote for him for that matter?

A few haven't went as far as saying they would even "condescend" to "grudgingly" vote for DeSantis let alone make a maximum effort to assist the party in the general if he were the nominee whereas jamil and most others including myself have repeatedly said we would at least pull the lever for Trump as the GOP party nominee against the Democrats.

I wouldn't even bother asking the most ardent Trumpers. I think they'd stay home. It's what happened in elections held after Trump lost 2020. If Trump lost the primaries, I think they'd claim he was cheated. Maybe there's some Kraken involved. And stay home. But, high chance Trump would feel slighted and would run third party just to blow **** up. And likely Democrats would win in a landslide and the press would call that a mandate for full ClownWorld™ policies.

But, here's a scenario where I'd vote 3rd party for Trump. If the fat ass pussbag somehow won the GOP nomination. Or one of the other GOP white knights. Like Pence, or Whatsherface. I haven't decided yet if Scott is a white night or what space he's trying to occupy. He kinda tries to straddle US-first and chamber-o-commerce/neocon.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I had to fix that for you. You keep saying what you think I think and you haven't gotten much correct yet.
    As I use teal for my own words, you should differentiate your additions in some way as I do when I make additions or adjustments to what others say

What next, having AI read your fabrications with my simulated voice?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why? I'll probably volunteer at the local polling station. But no. I won't be canvassing. I wouldn't be canvassing if DeSantis won the nomination. I might donate money to the Republican party.
    So, slacktivism it is, then

One assumes that your lack of personal involvement/skin in the game will make it even easier to place blame for the results - on anyone but yourself

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What? This is why it's hard to take you seriously. If I were in Pennsylvania, and I did not vote for Oz, it would have nothing to do with Trump other than he picked a guy who is no better than a Democrat on a lot of issues, to run against Fetterman. If I lived in Pennsylvania and Trump picked a solid, fully US-first candidate, yeah. I'd vote for him. That's pragmatic. That's voting for outcomes.
    You're kind of making my point

That pragmatism you claim should still have you voting Oz in Fetterman v Oz without reservation, but instead you feel the need to agonize/rationalize about it, which is what I said you would likely do - most likely because;Trump

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

The ardent Trump supporters may indeed follow him to a third party if we go that route

Since DeSantis lacks those ardent supporters in any significant numbers, you will not have that problem to decide upon

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The following is presented with some major caveats

Cons:
    The site is run by a former Buzzfeed columnist and a former CEO of Bloomberg Media

The site is funded by mostly Democrat/Progressive supporting sources and has been criticized for being cozy with the CCP

Pros: They claim to have hard evidence in the form of leaked screenshots (some presented upfront) and specifics about who and when that can be tested

The principals in the accusation were indeed communicating backchannel via encrypted, time limited texts on Signal, which seems a bit sketchy

There appears to be enough information already available that the truth will out. If these accusations are true and can be tied to the campaign's 'big guy' he's deader than Epstein, and he did kill himself

Top Bottom