• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Reduce the federal bureaucracy and return power back to the states.

Whelp, there goes the federal employee vote!

Just when I start to lose faith, DeSantis always seems to come up with a way to put himself back on top of my list of probable candidates for whom I'll vote in the primary.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Reduce the federal bureaucracy and return power back to the states.

That is a great idea but it is going to take more than getting rid of 50% of the bureaucrats.
    There are at least 50% of the Washington bureaucrats that don't do anything - period. You need to get rid of them and then start getting rid of the ones that actually do any work.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If DeSantis ends up being the nominee, I'll vote for him, just like I'll vote for Trump if he's the nominee.
    It's ALL about policies and not personalities.

Either of these candidates would be FAR better than ANY candidate the Democrats will nominate for President.

SO I'm not going to get entangled in the divisive "Never DeSantis!" or "Never Trump!" trap, that will just help the Democrats.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I will put you down as ok stealing the humanity of voices. If the individual did not say it, it is FAKE if you make it sound like they did say the words. I am over you constant BS claiming that anything I say is always through the lens of Trump.

I do not like AI. This seems a dangerous development to me as this is not parody or imitation as it is being presented as if the subject actually said this. The potential for abuse is enormous. Not saying at this point it should be illegal but I do not like it no matter who does it…
    Public figure....different rules

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If DeSantis ends up being the nominee, I'll vote for him, just like I'll vote for Trump if he's the nominee.

Either of these candidates would be FAR better than ANY candidate the Democrats will nominate for President.

SO I'm not going to get entangled in the divisive "Never DeSantis!" or "Never Trump!" trap, that will just help the Democrats.
    Yup! ^^This!
    That is exactly how I feel.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That is a great idea but it is going to take more than getting rid of 50% of the bureaucrats.
    There are at least 50% of the Washington bureaucrats that don't do anything - period. You need to get rid of them and then start getting rid of the ones that actually do any work.
    Worse than that, it will take a major revamp of civil service rules (Schedule F, anyone?) or they will be used to sandbag any attempts at reform until they just run out of steam or are delayed enough to be meaningless

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

So will I. But, I have a preference for candidates who don't make unforced mistakes that give his enemies enough rope to hang. At least make them work hard for it. But in the end, it's either a candidate who espouses putting the US first or no one.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So will I. But, I have a preference for candidates who don't make unforced mistakes that give his enemies enough rope to hang. At least make them work hard for it. But in the end, it's either a candidate who espouses putting the US first or no one.
    We wouldn't go wrong with the policies of either one of these guys.
    And they both have the guts to push back against the hard left.

I WILL vote for Trump, PURELY because his term in office showed me he has proper policies and will push back against the hard left.
    Nothing else.

I was never swayed to support him by his stand up comedy personal insult routine campaign style, which to me is counter productive.
    Because after winning the nomination, he has to count on these same people to support him if he ever hopes to get the most done.

Which I believe prevented him from getting more done than he did once elected.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I was never swayed to support him by his stand up comedy personal insult routine campaign style, which to me is counter productive.
    Because after winning the nomination, he has to count on these same people to support him if he ever hopes to get the most done
    I will disagree with respect to 2016. It was necessary in order to deflate the ¿Jeb? gasbag and show the rank and file that it was okay to criticize someone like McCain, who certainly behaved honorably while a POW in Vietnam had pretty much done nothing useful for the country since

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I will disagree with respect to 2016. It was necessary in order to deflate the ¿Jeb? gasbag and show the rank and file that it was okay to criticize someone like McCain, who certainly behaved honorably while a POW in Vietnam had pretty much done nothing useful for the country since
    And Kumalla Harris. None of this "esteemed colleague" and "first female" deference bullsh.t. She just needs to be straight-up made fun of.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’ve heard it argued (and I think the argument has validity) that had it not been for DeSantis, in one of the largest states in the union, pushing back on the covid tyranny precipitated by Pence/Birx/Fauci et al, that tyranny would have lasted longer than it did.

Trump was one of the voices telling us what DeSantis was doing was a mistake.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I’ve heard it argued (and I think the argument has validity) that had it not been for DeSantis, in one of the largest states in the union, pushing back on the covid tyranny precipitated by Pence/Birx/Fauci et al, that tyranny would have lasted longer than it did.

Trump was one of the voices telling us what DeSantis was doing was a mistake.

The question being, did DeSantis do that because he believed predominantly in individual freedom to make one's own choice in the matter or because he knew his state's economy would collapse if tourism was not possible

Top Bottom