• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    All the debating is basically a moot point right now. In 2018 a company called 3 chi in Carmel, Indiana claims to be the first to bring to market effectively delta-8, after the farm bill removed hemp and anything basically that can be made with hemp from the Controlled Substances Act.

There was a grey area for awhile when the DEA added Delta-8-THC to the orange book as a Schedule 1 substance. This year they have clarified twice that Delta-8-THC derived from marijuana is illegal, BUT Delta-8-THC derived from hemp plants was not.

So now we have Delta-8, Delta-10, THC-V, THC-O, THC-P, HHC, and others that are psychoactive and all legal Federally and at the State level, being sold in gas stations, head shops, vape stores, heck there's even a furniture store near me that sells it.

Another Interesting thing I found when researching this was that non psycho active hemp was legal to possess and smoke. As I said in 2018 3 chi claims to have brought D-8 to market. In 2019 Indiana defined and banned "smokeable hemp" because if you put d-8 on non psychoactive cannabis then you have something that looks like weed, smells like weed, and gets you high like weed. The penalty (non mitigating circumstances assumed) for possession of marijuana under 30 grams is a Class B misdemeanor, and since 2019 posseion of ANY amount of non psychoactive hemp buds or flowers is a Class A Misdemeanor and you will be charged with "Dealing in Smokeable Hemp"

Perhaps someone can explain to me how possession gets you charged with dealing even with no distribution or intent to distribute, I've not seen this in law before. Either way I know of at least 3 shops that sell the flower by the gram and a gas station that sells pre-rolled joints.

It's here, it's legal, and all the "what-ifs" are playing out before our eyes if you know where to look.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The best government is one which yields only the power necessary to govern appropriately. Had our predecessors stuck to this idea we wouldn't have problems like the abysmal failure that is the war on drugs.

Funny that when prohibition ended any appreciable black market for booze dried up and the violence it had once fueled dissipated. I wonder why the same can't be said about cannabis? Oh yeah, because we like big government and instead of doing the right thing and just abandoning any criminal consideration for cannabis other than the same age limit as alcohol, they've tied a bunch of rules, hurdles, licensing, etc. which is going to keep the black market alive and well forever. Worst of both worlds brought to you by our government, color me shocked.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The Indiana residents are crossing borders and that revenue is going to those other states. All about the money.
    Bingo!

The reason weed became illegal in the first place was cause the FBI no longer had alcohol to chase down in 1933. So 3 years later the feds made weed, a natural plant that has been around forever, illegal so that the fed could continue with confiscation tactics.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Legalize it, tax it, study it for its medicinal qualities and uses.

I was on the speech and debate team in high school back in 81. We had debated legalizing marijuana then. Even then there was proof of all of the tax advantages by legalizing it.

There was even evidence then that it helped reduce crime by decriminalizing it so it helped removed the middleman and the criminal element.

Much like alcohol those who want it will always find a way to get it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So yer saying we need less government. I agree.
    Not quite

I'm saying, like the lottery before it, the promised 'benefits' of 'Legalize It!' will NEVER materialize

They want to be free, to do what they want to do - and what they want to do is get loaded

All the rest is propaganda to sell the idea to those for whom indulging escapism seems like a low percentage move

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The benefits are there.

Less government = beneficial
    Less money wasted on prohibition = beneficial
    Fewer otherwise harmless people being labeled criminals = beneficial
    More room in prisons for actual criminals = beneficial

I watched a video where they were allowing prison inmates vape pens containing cannabis. It did not make them more dangerous, it reduced the aggression and violence. I'd call that beneficial to the inmates, the prison guards and the people paying the taxes to fund the prisons.

Video evidence posted above as evidence of cannabis being beneficial. People with autism, PTSD, seizures, cancer, etc.. all find cannabis and it's derivatives beneficial. Potential for abuse? Sure but what doesn't? As a society we've abused vicodin, oxycontin and cough syrup all of which have been primarily utilized for medical purposes as are cocaine and heroin derivatives. Potential for abuse/harm should absolutely be a consideration here but you'd be hard pressed to find the potential danger of cannabis to come anywhere near the potential danger of those other "medically useful" substances.

It isn't for everyone, it won't help with everything but we, as a nation have much bigger fish to fry and much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much more significant issues to concern ourselves with.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not quite

I'm saying, like the lottery before it, the promised 'benefits' of 'Legalize It!' will NEVER materialize

They want to be free, to do what they want to do - and what they want to do is get loaded

All the rest is propaganda to sell the idea to those for whom indulging escapism seems like a low percentage move
    Was the drug war any less propaganda?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, the ****ing horror.

:rolleyes:
    :):

Bug's thinking, "ooh, that one front row on the right really trips my triggah."

Irish-Temperance-Movement.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Was the drug war any less propaganda?
    So, we replace one cluster**** with a different one?

I like many of the people advocating the other way, especially phylo. I believe he means everything he says about it

But personal experience gets in the way. I just can't get there

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I like many of the people advocating the other way, especially phyla. I believe he means everything he says about it

I advocate for zero cluster****s. I think if MJ is legalized government should mostly stay out of it. I can see some regulations but not to the extent that legalizing it and then regulating and taxing the **** out of it, so much that it can't have a viable legal market. That's pretty much what happened in your example. That's a guarantee it's gonna fail.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As a society we've abused vicodin, oxycontin and cough syrup

I have often pointed out that no one wanted bathtub gin, but as an unintended consequence of prohibition many died from it. I believe the same applies to meth, no one wanted it originally, but once they figured out how to make it, it became an unintended consequence of drug prohibition. Another consequence, the one that royally chaps my butt, is I can no longer get real cough meds OTC…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I like many of the people advocating the other way, especially phylo. I believe he means everything he says about it

I fully support replacing a cluster **** that restricts freedom with a cluster **** that does not restrict freedom. It is that simple to me…

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine

I haven't read the whole thread...but what kind of personal experience are you referencing? Just the propaganda side of this debate?

I've smoked pot. A lot of it. I quit when I had to find a real job, not just part time work through college. I haven't gone back, 12 years or so now. I would much rather smoke a bowl than drink, but my current employment status allows me to drink (on my own time and within the law), so that's what I do.

Call me a pothead, jaded, whatever, but I see no downside to legalization for recreation and medicinal. Let people do what they want to themselves, as long as they don't infringe on others, who cares what they do?

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    81984E45-7012-400F-85CF-F850E4301568.jpeg
    "You damn whipper-snappers and your drugs. The government needs to leave me and muh guns alone, but you should rot in prison for smoking a plant. The tax revenue won't be worth what the claim it will, so we should keep dumping money into prosecuting and incarcerating Cheech and Chong. We need to keep weed illegal, otherwise it'll be all over our nice christian suburbs."

Top Bottom