• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    It is smart to have different types of sales people, to apply to a wider range of customers.
    Am old and cranky, and refuse to do business with certain types.
    Good ol boy BS artists are a no go.
    Of course thats the kind that never shuts up and can ruin a shop.
    Probably the owner's kid or son in law LMAO.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Our basic rule for our kids is "In everything you do, show respect...and in everything you do, be respected!"

To not show respect first, is a fail in life, and you can't always help how the other individual responds and, if it's inappropriate, feel free to simply walk away!
    Variety is what keeps this forum Interesting. From my life’s experiences for our family Respect is Earned Never Given.

I do not consider this to be a fail. Others may see it differently? And that is fine. I am not saying that people need to be an *** hat when interacting with others. Our families sop has always been courtesy comes free of charge and people are treated politely, unless their actions dictate otherwise.

You guys are talking past each other. I agree with WCD, respect is earned, and agree with Amishman that one should always show respect as a courtesy until it is shown that respect is not warranted.

Saying I really respect someone after they have earned that respect is not the same respect given as a courtesy to strangers.

WCD, if I were hypothetically to meet a beloved by you family member should I not give them respect? That does not mean I do respect them, but I do offer it until something tells me not to.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    You guys are talking past each other. I agree with WCD, respect is earned, and agree with Amishman that one should always show respect as a courtesy until it is shown that respect is not warranted.

Saying I really respect someone after they have earned that respect is not the same respect given as a courtesy to strangers.

WCD, if I were hypothetically to meet a beloved by you family member should I not give them respect? That does not mean I do respect them, but I do offer it until something tells me not to.
    Guess I have a narrow definition of Respect, to me being civil and courteous are how most people should be treated until they demonstrate otherwise. But Respect is a very high bar.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Guess I have a narrow definition of Respect, to me being civil and courteous are how most people should be treated until they demonstrate otherwise. But Respect is a very high bar.
    I used to be a teacher and starting with respect was an expected part of our job...
    Even when some students didn't reciprocate respect, sometimes, it was the only respect they saw.
    Civil and Courteous are excellent words to explain how Respect can be shown...in action.
    It may be a difference in definition that separates our saying similar things...
    To me, respect includes being both civil and courteous...but both can be lost.
    With students...they all started at '0' and either went up or down based on their behavior and attitude.

Last edited:

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I'm not sure if they are site supporters, but Madison Outdoors has absolutely knocked it out of the park in terms of customer service and just overall friendly behavior every time I've been there.
    Unfortunately he quit selling firearms. Just ammo and accessories

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Are there certain pawn shops around that carry more guns than others?
    I always thought it’d be interesting to visit them but have never made time. For other interesting finds too.
    the cash & pawn at 53rd & keystone is where i bought the last 3. the cash america on 37th & laffayette usually has a decent selection. i did stop in the cash america just west of post rd on 38th. it was a little to "hood" for my liking but they did have some cheap pistols. they did have a remington 870 for $250 but it was well worn. i would've offered $150.

smclear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2021
    Syracuse, IN
    We've got several fairly LGS within 20 miles of Columbia City including the one in town. Everyone I've been to with the exception of in Ft Wayne has gone out of their way to help me when I go in looking for something

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I recently moved to Syracuse and am always looking for good LGS. Which ones would you suggest?

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    I recently moved to Syracuse and am always looking for good LGS. Which ones would you suggest?

Precision Arms on the south side of Columbia City.

Tomlinson's in Churubusco (I've known the owner for about 35 years)

AAA in Laotto.

Wrigley's (owned by Tomlinson's)

Two Bear southeast of Plymouth.

Trigger Finger in Wolflake.

Kinetic Firearms in North Webster, ADT Firearms South of Syracuse and Miller Gun Sales in Syracuse. I've not been to any of these 3 yet.

If you open Google Maps so you can Goshen, Warsaw and Kendallville in 3 corners then search for "gun shops" there quite a few smaller places with some I've never heard of.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I work at a car dealership so yeah, I know what it’s like to work with the public and negotiate. funny thing is most of us car guys are lay downs. We don’t want to negotiate over small amounts. We just want to buy a product at a fair price and leave. If that kid behind the counter would have been half way decent I would have most likely paid $100 extra just to be down with it. Crazy about the Bass pro price. I figured they would be more for sure.
    Don't get me started about my experiences trying to buy a car at a dealership!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Car dealerships or gunshops.....or any shop really, I find a decent dude working there and just deal through him. Not that I single a special person out, but ultimately find a darn good one and refuse to mess w the rest.

Knowledgeable normal folks.

Prefer to do business with good people.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    This may have already been posted... Downham and Sons in Logansport has closed. The sign read Dec 16th. I know Mary Downham had passed away around Thanksgiving.

End of a era. Sad. :(

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Precision Arms on the south side of Columbia City.

Tomlinson's in Churubusco (I've known the owner for about 35 years)

AAA in Laotto.

Wrigley's (owned by Tomlinson's)

Two Bear southeast of Plymouth.

Trigger Finger in Wolflake.

Kinetic Firearms in North Webster, ADT Firearms South of Syracuse and Miller Gun Sales in Syracuse. I've not been to any of these 3 yet.

If you open Google Maps so you can Goshen, Warsaw and Kendallville in 3 corners then search for "gun shops" there quite a few smaller places with some I've never heard of.

Thanks for listing all of these gun shops. I was bored today and visited some of them. I've been to Two Bears Arms before. It was nice stopping in again.

Precision Arms has a nice collection of old surplus rifles. I might go back next one week to pick one up.

The last one I stopped at was Tomlinosn's in Churubusco. I put a Glock 22 on layaway. It belonged to the Montgommery County's Indiana Sheriff's Dept. I collect old police-marked firearms and am excited to have another one from an Indiana PD

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Car dealerships or gunshops.....or any shop really, I find a decent dude working there and just deal through him. Not that I single a special person out, but ultimately find a darn good one and refuse to mess w the rest.

Knowledgeable normal folks.

Prefer to do business with good people.
    I agree with that actually. I did ask for someone at both places but they were not there. You are correct though, I’m guessing I would have had a better experience

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    A lot of these LGS had better start taking lessons on courtesy, people skills and customer service. All too often I’ve walked into these stores in numerous states and not even so much as received a Hello! when I walked in the door. This takes place even when there are little to no other people in the store. It’s just too easy to do my research and buy on line. No hassles, no poop. Yes there are transfer fees but it’s a small price to pay for not dealing with LGS employees who seemingly could care less about you as a customer. Sorry, my 2 cents.

Top Bottom