• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    She wasn't big but still I got one. It was a 108 yard shot according to the rangefinder. I hit her about 3" high. The shot was taken off hand, no rest. I didn't have my shooting stick with me. The shot broke her spine. When I got to her she was still moving her head. I put one in her head with my sidearm. That put an end to her.

This is the first year I have used the 358 Hoosier. I like it. It is a hammer. The 200 gr bullet took out a chunk of meat and spine about the size of my fist out of the top of her back.

I will be giving it a try again tomorrow. The wife said she needs more meat. I told her I would try. I told her she needed to talk with the deer. I am willing but the deer are not wanting to help me out.

May good luck find us all.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Congrats!

I haven't seen yet what a 358 does to a deer. Sounds like a great deer round.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    jmarriott very funny. Sorry about no pictures, butt the deer has been processed. She was nothing special so I didn't take any pictures. I really didn't think any one would be interested in the wound that the 358 Hoosier caused. When I get the next one I will take pictures of the damage.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    jmarriott very funny. Sorry about no pictures, butt the deer has been processed. She was nothing special so I didn't take any pictures. I really didn't think any one would be interested in the wound that the 358 Hoosier caused. When I get the next one I will take pictures of the damage.

pfft no one cares about terminal ballistics on a gun forum :ar15:

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    356luger I don't see any one on this site posting damage from what ever they are shooting. So why should I have posted the damage dun to my deer? As I said above I will post the damage on the next one. That is the best I can do for you. That is assuming I do get another one.

Good luck to all and be safe out there.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    356luger I don't see any one on this site posting damage from what ever they are shooting. So why should I have posted the damage dun to my deer? As I said above I will post the damage on the next one. That is the best I can do for you. That is assuming I do get another one.

Good luck to all and be safe out there.

Pump your brakes kid.

Purple=sarcastic

Saturday I'll kill one and post some pics as well

also check thread 556 vs whitetail and my first coyote or search "graphic"

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    38special I am with you. This was the first deer that I have hit the spine on that ever moved again. I have no idea why she was moving her head. My concern was to put her down as quickly a possible. I don't want any animal to suffer.

356luger thank you for the kid remark. I haven't been called kid in over fifty years. Sarcastic is sarcastic I don't do sarcastic. As far as pumping brakes that is up to you all I stated was the way I see it. If you want to post gore that is up to you. Personally I have no desire to look at it.

I like the meat, I love the hunt. I hate the kill and gutting a deer to me is just gross. So maybe that explains where I am coming from.

Top Bottom