Not open for further replies.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Just thought this was neat, don’t care if you don’t care. Was gifted to me today by my father, it was my great grandfathers on my mother’s side. Was given to him best we can tell as an achievement of some kind through his employment at International Harvester here in the Fort on October 31, 1967. Engraved with his name and that date on the backside. I’ve been trying to get it wound all day, it will tick for about 5 seconds and then stop. So it needs a little servicing.

View attachment 124625
    That is pretty cool.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    If i could pick a time to be alive it would either be the wild west days (like the show Hell on Wheels) or the industrial revolution time like you’re grandma. Those two time periods fascinate the heck out of me.
    For me, I would have liked to have been in my 20's during the time of the great 1849 Gold Rush. That time period just fascinates me, and I fancy that i would have headed West to start prospecting !

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For me, I would have liked to have been in my 20's during the time of the great 1849 Gold Rush. That time period just fascinates me, and I fancy that i would have headed West to start prospecting !

Heck MM, you might just have been there. I believe that we make multiple trips to this rock in our quest for enlightenment. Each one is a learning experience.

That is, except for CM. He just stayed on his first trip long term and keeps greeting each of us as we show up again and again.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My grandfather was born in 1898 on the 4th of July. He emigrated to the US in 1915 when he was only 17 years old. It’s hard to imagine someone only 17 years old moving to a new country and making a life for themselves without ever seeing their parents again afterwards but it was not uncommon back then

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Heck MM, you might just have been there. I believe that we make multiple trips to this rock in our quest for enlightenment. Each one is a learning experience.

That is, except for CM. He just stayed on his first trip long term and keeps greeting each of us as we show up again and again.
    You're well-versed in the precepts of Eastern philosophy, and its' concept of circularity.
    Who knows ? .... I don't claim to ! :)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    In these insane times maintaining any faith in a Deity is seriously difficult.
    I try to keep my mind open to the possibility of a Deity. Us agnostics (me) are considered the ultimate fence-sitters. I can see both sides of the coin, but I don't know which one is true !

Think about it, mouse. Between the two of us, we have (140) years of accumulated experience at 'life'. Yet, nowadays, I seem to have more questions, than answers !

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I try to keep my mind open to the possibility of a Deity. Us agnostics (me) are considered the ultimate fence-sitters. I can see both sides of the coin, but I don't know which one is true !

Think about it, mouse. Between the two of us, we have (140) years of accumulated experience at 'life'. Yet, nowadays, I seem to have more questions, than answers !
    It's called "Faith" for a reason. I'm not very good a it yet but I keep practicing. My Dad died an agnostic, unconvinced of anything. I'm convinced I won't know for sure until I'm gone but the tenets of Christianity appeal to me. Seems to me the best option of the available choices. Hope we all see each other, wherever we go.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It's called "Faith" for a reason. I'm not very good a it yet but I keep practicing. My Dad died an agnostic, unconvinced of anything. I'm convinced I won't know for sure until I'm gone but the tenets of Christianity appeal to me. Seems to me the best option of the available choices. Hope we all see each other, wherever we go.

i understand... I was never able to make the leap of faith, as it seems to be called.
    Yes, where do we go ?.... or do we really go anywhere ? :scratch: Dunno !

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    i understand... I was never able to make the leap of faith, as it seems to be called.
    Yes, where do we go ?.... or do we really go anywhere ? :scratch: Dunno !
    This is a very deep rabbit hole for some to venture down.
    Faith is a leap and that is a definite.
    In my half of the 140 years on this rock I have seen and experienced enough to see the Deity side of this. CKW is set in this path and believes the tenants. I see the insanity we are surrounded with and sometimes wonder but I also know we are of free will. We can choose the path we walk.

In my warped little pea brain I keep seeing the gift of life I received and know that many were preying for me when the end was in view. Yet here I sit. The blessings of this are surrounding me daily. It does make things easier to lean towards faith.

In this I want you all to have a blessed day. Blessings come in many guises.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Serious question...

Has anyone had any luck with a WTB ad on here? If so, thinking about making one for a CZ 75B or SP-01.
    I’m not positive, but if I remember correctly, I went around to most of the gun shops in Fort Wayne Friday, I’m pretty sure I saw at least one SP01. It was either at Sportsman’s Warehouse, ZX or Wrigley Sales. All 3 of them had several CZs at that time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom