• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I know I don’t know a lot of you, but I need to put this somewhere for my mental health...

I’ve always wanted to be able to purchase a new firearm the day my child was born... I came along in my daughters life when she was just over 2, 4.5 now... My wife and I found out a little over a week ago that she was carrying a child of our very own. Today, however, that was no longer meant to be.... Roughly 6 weeks into the program, our little one decided that this world wasn’t for he/she... It’s been an extremely rough day... Mama is healthy, no complications with her.

So on the way home from the doctors after confirming what had happened, I told her that I needed to make a stop... I would never be able to buy that firearm for my first child on their birthday.... She understood... So whenever I grab this cheap little black single action .22 revolver, I’ll think of my little cowboy or cowgirl that never got to be.... It’s not the little baby I had hoped to be holding later this year, but it certainly will not be forgotten...

View attachment 121485
    I'm so sorry to hear this! We never experienced this first-hand, but our loved ones have and it is so sad. I'll be praying for you all!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Thank you all for your words... It means a lot... You never realize just how many people go through this, because it’s not something people talk about... My wife and I want people to know... We did not want to hide it. We will celebrate our unborn for the rest of our lives and when the time is right, try again. Thank you all so much.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I know I don’t know a lot of you, but I need to put this somewhere for my mental health...

I’ve always wanted to be able to purchase a new firearm the day my child was born... I came along in my daughters life when she was just over 2, 4.5 now... My wife and I found out a little over a week ago that she was carrying a child of our very own. Today, however, that was no longer meant to be.... Roughly 6 weeks into the program, our little one decided that this world wasn’t for he/she... It’s been an extremely rough day... Mama is healthy, no complications with her.

So on the way home from the doctors after confirming what had happened, I told her that I needed to make a stop... I would never be able to buy that firearm for my first child on their birthday.... She understood... So whenever I grab this cheap little black single action .22 revolver, I’ll think of my little cowboy or cowgirl that never got to be.... It’s not the little baby I had hoped to be holding later this year, but it certainly will not be forgotten...

View attachment 121485

Sorry for your loss Rusty. My condolences to you and your family.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

View attachment 121485
    jeez man, that's just rough. makes you appreciate the not so little one a bit more.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I'm very sorry for your loss Rusty. You and your wife will be our prayers.

Unfortunately there are a number of people who go through the same thing. It isn't as uncommon as we would like, and I am not sure we know why it happens still yet. I know it doesn't help, but what I am trying to say, you and your wife are not alone.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Well, being out with CKW for a meal yes. Yes it was.

But I have had better for less.
    There is a place in Centrailia Illinois that we loved going to when we were traveling over to Salem all the time, called Burger Haven. I don't know what they did to their burgers, but they were great. It might have also been because we were usually taking a break from dealing with my Father-In-Law's estate and getting the house cleared out. We haven't been there in 4 years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom