• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    Started the process about a month ago. Got fingerprinted and everything. I didn't quite realize what my next step was so about a week ago I realized I still needed to go to the local cop shop.

Submitted local fee and application changed to "awaiting ISP approval" on 4/15

Still waiting as of 4/22. Will update upon approval.

5/3... still waiting...

5/28... Still waiting

Not at the 60 day mark yet but I did send an email. It was longer and more respectful but the gist went something like

"hey just checking on my app, I know it's first come first serve and we haven't broken 60 days yet but my local club requires a permit to use their range so I'm just checking on status or seeing if there's anything you can do to move this along."

Response was a one liner canned email response "I've checked on your app and it hasn't been processed yet. Please give another 3-5 business weeks for processing"

I responded nicely but a little sharp with basically "yeah I know it isn't processed yet, I said that. I was hoping my app could be pulled and rubber stamped since my record is clean and it wouldn't require much to finalize but I see that's not possible. I would hope your quote of another 3-5 business weeks is inaccurate because the top end of that timeframe would put us past the originally quoted timeframe of 60 days"

So, I didn't get anywhere with it. I didn't expect to, it is a first come, first serve service. I was just curious how it would go.

Obviously something changed or there's been a huge uptick in permit request because from January to March everything was going fairly quickly and, starting in April, everything slowed way down.

Edit:

6/5 I'm very close to the 60 day mark. Decided to call and get some info. They informed me that a completely clean background will be 3-4 weeks but because I had an arrest when I was 18 (I am 32 now) it will "need to be checked and verified". I actually put this on the application, it was a misdemeanor, and I assumed it would be as simple as looking at the arrest, seeing the word "misdemeanor", and going forward. I guess it's much more involved than that.

I still don't understand why a completely clean record will take 21 days but a 14 year old arrest that is in the system and is easily identifiable as an arrest that would not affect this permit adds over 60 days onto the application.

Inexcusable, it shouldn't take an extra 2 months to verify a record.

Last edited:

Mayzelab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2019
    Clarksville
    Will update for trending (clean record):

5/30/19 local fee paid, start "Pending ISP Approval".

Edit: Correction. While my record's clean, I had an arrest for theft in 1996, and a DUI in 1998 (completed diversion programs for both cases). We'll see how much that delays my approval.

Last edited:

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    5/28... Still waiting

Not at the 60 day mark yet but I did send an email. It was longer and more respectful but the gist went something like

"hey just checking on my app, I know it's first come first serve and we haven't broken 60 days yet but my local club requires a permit to use their range so I'm just checking on status or seeing if there's anything you can do to move this along."

Response was a one liner canned email response "I've checked on your app and it hasn't been processed yet. Please give another 3-5 business weeks for processing"

I responded nicely but a little sharp with basically "yeah I know it isn't processed yet, I said that. I was hoping my app could be pulled and rubber stamped since my record is clean and it wouldn't require much to finalize but I see that's not possible. I would hope your quote of another 3-5 business weeks is inaccurate because the top end of that timeframe would put us past the originally quoted timeframe of 60 days"

So, I didn't get anywhere with it. I didn't expect to, it is a first come, first serve service. I was just curious how it would go.

Obviously something changed or there's been a huge uptick in permit request because from January to March everything was going fairly quickly and, starting in April, everything slowed way down.

Edit:

6/5 I'm very close to the 60 day mark. Decided to call and get some info. They informed me that a completely clean background will be 3-4 weeks but because I had an arrest when I was 18 (I am 32 now) it will "need to be checked and verified". I actually put this on the application, it was a misdemeanor, and I assumed it would be as simple as looking at the arrest, seeing the word "misdemeanor", and going forward. I guess it's much more involved than that.

I still don't understand why a completely clean record will take 21 days but a 14 year old arrest that is in the system and is easily identifiable as an arrest that would not affect this permit adds over 60 days onto the application.

Inexcusable, it shouldn't take an extra 2 months to verify a record.

6/10 Approved

Alrighty so it looks a perfect clean record is pretty quick. Maybe 2 weeks max. However, if you have a record like mine with a blip on it, no matter how old (14 years for me), and even if it is a charge or arrest that would not affect this permit it looks like it adds anywhere from 6 weeks on up.

Thankfully they came in just under the 60 day mark for me. I'm not necessarily happy about it but now that it is approved I couldn't be more excited. I can now join my local club which has a 24 hr indoor 50 ft range that I can use while transporting a family member to dialysis near the club 3x a week. I was unable to join until receiving my permit as this is required for membership.

Mayzelab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2019
    Clarksville
    6/10 Approved

Alrighty so it looks a perfect clean record is pretty quick. Maybe 2 weeks max. However, if you have a record like mine with a blip on it, no matter how old (14 years for me), and even if it is a charge or arrest that would not affect this permit it looks like it adds anywhere from 6 weeks on up.

Thankfully they came in just under the 60 day mark for me. I'm not necessarily happy about it but now that it is approved I couldn't be more excited. I can now join my local club which has a 24 hr indoor 50 ft range that I can use while transporting a family member to dialysis near the club 3x a week. I was unable to join until receiving my permit as this is required for membership.

Congrats! And thanks for the helpful info. It'll help me stay patient as my application takes 3 months to be approved lol (had a theft and a DUI back in the 90s).

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    Congrats! And thanks for the helpful info. It'll help me stay patient as my application takes 3 months to be approved lol (had a theft and a DUI back in the 90s).

Appreciate it. I was hoping by keeping up with it and being detailed it would help other understand the process more.

One thing I learned, you're allowed to call after the 60 day mark and when I called they said "3-5 more weeks" even though it only took a few days after that. I think they just give a random time to keep us placated so I think if it was me and it broke the 60 day mark I would probably call about once a week and just politely check on the progress. Worst case scenario it takes the same amount of time, best case scenario it continues to put your case in someone's computer and might get it looked at a bit faster.

We are paying for the service so it wouldn't bother me to make one polite phone call per week just to check.

BreezeNukka5150

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2019
    Lafayette
    I went thru a long process in getting my lifetime
    I applied at the beginning of March.
    2 weeks later, got approved locally.
    Sat at Pending ISP for about 10 weeks.
    Got approved 6/06
    Still havent recieved card in mail.
    Called 2 times last week and they kept saying they dont know when it got mailed. But was Printed on 6/07 and probably mailed on 6/10 (Monday)
    Its Saturday now and still no card. I confirmed address on file they sent it to.

How long does this usually take? And is it uncommon for me to be waiting this long since approval/Mailing?

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    How long does this usually take? And is it uncommon for me to be waiting this long since approval/Mailing?

Currently in the same boat. Been 9 days since Approval. Still no card.

Based on what I've seen here and my own experience it should definitely not take more than a week for the card to arrive AFTER being mailed.

There's always the chance that the post office has lost it but I'd say it's more likely that it was printed and sitting in a stack on someone's desk either not mailed yet or forgotten about.

I'd say it will arrive eventually but I'd keep bugging them.

Rdaumer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2019
    Porter County
    Finally got approved after 67 days called the isp at 62 days they said they had not got to application yet and I asked if there was an issue or anything else they needed from me... she said it was a process that goes by first come first served. So I told her my buddy applied after me and had already gotten his she had no reply 5 days later it was approved how long does it actually take to do a background check? The county I live in does their own as well and it took all of 10 min. They need to fix the system.

Keyrut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2019
    Yorktown
    Anybody know the current wait to receive your LTCH in the mail after being approved?

I was approved / “issue date” on 6/21/19 and haven’t received it yet in the mail? I’m not worried, however was just curious if it’s normal for it to take over a week to ship in the mail.

Thanks!

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Upgrading my about-to-expire 4-year to lifetime:
    Online app & fingerprints: 6/10
    Sheriff's office: 6/11
    Received new card: 6/29

18 days turnaround.

Between it being a renewal, just cobwebs in my record, and I live in the county so probably not a lot to do at the local office.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    7/2 Paid for LT - submitted fingerprints. 7/3 Local Check done. Still Waiting for ISP to Approve.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    7/2 Started the process for a new LT -
    7/17 Approval
    7/20 LTCH in hand

Last edited:

Mayzelab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2019
    Clarksville
    Will update for trending (clean record):

5/30/19 local fee paid, start "Pending ISP Approval".

Edit: Correction. While my record's clean, I had an arrest for theft in 1996, and a DUI in 1998 (completed diversion programs for both cases). We'll see how much that delays my approval.

56 days now, still not approved.

Mayzelab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2019
    Clarksville
    56 days now, still not approved.

Started "Pending ISP Approval," on 5/30/19, switched to "Approved" on 8/6/19. So...with one DUI in 1998 (diversion program, no record), and one theft in 1995 (diversion program, no record), my approval took 68 calendar days, or 47 business days. License came in the mail on 8/10 (4 days after approval).

Last edited:

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    08.11.2019 my wife started new lifetime app and pd state fees
    08.12.2019 fingerprinting done
    08.14.2019 local payment made (now the wait begins)
    08.23.2019 sent to ISP (apparently had been sitting a few days waiting for CLEO to sign off on)
    08.30.2019 approved (not sure when this status was updated as not checked daily)
    09.05.2019 received in mail

Attempted to pay local fees on same day as prints were done. Local PD said they had to be in system 24hrs before they could take payment. So had a slight delay in paying local.

I applied for address change and duplicate on 08.17.2019. Will update when received.
    09.05.2019 checked status and address has been updated
    09.08.2019 received email stating duplicate request has been approved.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom