• ...and so much more!
  • Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I miss going to Punch burger. It has been over a year and half since I was there. The dangers of no longer working downtown Indy.

So I am curious as to what happens here as well.

I just don't see the problem with either side. The church wants some guns, people want to get rid of guns, some people see a method to make a profit or get something cheap. I really don't see what the issue is.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I appreciate and accept your apology. I'm spoken for today, but I would completely be willing to have a hamburger with you, in the future... if it's ok with CM. I mean that is his thing.
    One other thing. You may not have realized, but I don't call people out of their name on INGO.

Can we all go to Punch Burger? And then maybe beer shopping at Crown around the corner . . . not that I know where that is or anything.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Lol. I'm still trying to figure out why people are opposing a church buyback. I don't see how this affects gun owners.

I still question what the article said about left over $ going to support organizations working to create Anti gun legislation. Seems like goes against some non-profit rules and very much affects me.

-rvb

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I still question what the article said about left over $ going to support organizations working to create Anti gun legislation. Seems like goes against some non-profit rules and very much affects me.

-rvb

Which article?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Just home and getting ready to leave for a wedding.

Attending from INGO were:

cbhausen
    ATM
    Kirk Freeman
    rhino

There were maybe 20 others over the course of the two hours who were there to purchase or to potentially educate and engage in conversation about the individual's rights to keep and bear arms. We had people from Lafayette, Indianapolis, the Covington area, some locals, and even three people who came all the way from Crown Point!

Police were coming and going regularly for their duties. One officer was near the buyback table for a while, but I did not speak with him. The only interaction with the police that I noticed was me waving to guys I know. Churchmouse the Bully owes some cheeseburgers.

I wasn't keeping track of the stuff being brought in, but I saw maybe 10 people who brought something. At some point they decided to only trade Kroger cards if the magazine held more th30 rounds. Someone gave them a very nice SKS, but that seemed to be the only item of real value that was collected.

A reporter from FOX59 was there and he interviewed people from both sides. I expect an even-handed accounting of the scene from him!

The closest thing to "trouble" was one of the people involved in the buyback making some comments to the group as he passed. He said to someone in the group "gun are your god," and he just wasn't a very pleasant person.

By contrast, the churchi's pastor was very kind and pleasant. He had a big box of fresh donuts from a local bakery and be made a point of coming to our small groups to offer donuts and was genuinely a nice guy. If more people on that side of the rights issue behaved that way, the world would be a much better place. I never met him before today, but I like that man.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just home and getting ready to leave for a wedding.

Attending from INGO were:

cbhausen
    ATM
    Kirk Freeman
    rhino

There were maybe 20 others over the course of the two hours who were there to purchase or to potentially educate and engage in conversation about the individual's rights to keep and bear arms. We had people from Lafayette, Indianapolis, the Covington area, some locals, and even three people who came all the way from Crown Point!

Police were coming and going regularly for their duties. One officer was near the buyback table for a while, but I did not speak with him. The only interaction with the police that I noticed was me waving to guys I know. Churchmouse the Bully owes some cheeseburgers.

I wasn't keeping track of the stuff being brought in, but I saw maybe 10 people who brought something. At some point they decided to only trade Kroger cards if the magazine held more th30 rounds. Someone gave them a very nice SKS, but that seemed to be the only item of real value that was collected.

A reporter from FOX59 was there and he interviewed people from both sides. I expect an even-handed accounting of the scene from him!

The closest thing to "trouble" was one of the people involved in the buyback making some comments to the group as he passed. He said to someone in the group "gun are your god," and he just wasn't a very pleasant person.

By contrast, the churchi's pastor was very kind and pleasant. He had a big box of fresh donuts from a local bakery and be made a point of coming to our small groups to offer donuts and was genuinely a nice guy. If more people on that side of the rights issue behaved that way, the world would be a much better place. I never met him before today, but I like that man.

I got your Bully big boy.....:p

Hey, if nothing else I will get to break bread with a few of you guys on my nickel. Glad it worked out well for all involved.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I had 20 Assault Clips and hundreds of bump stocks. They refused to buy them.

Liars.

I had a cheeseburger at People's in Lebanon. I thought of Churchmouse and how many Punch burgers I am owed. No where near the ammo rhino owes me. Using lawyer math, I calculate that CM owes me 7, but with the native westsider discount, it drops to 5.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Backstep Brewing in Crawfordsville is very nice. Like the Pale Ale. Many guest taps too. Fantastic layout. Fireplace is not functioning yet.

(They did not have half pints but the hot bartender let me buy 4oz. sample sizes. I marched through their offerings).

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Props to the INGOers who represented our side today. When it was over did the picture show a suppressed MAC 10 on a pile of junk (except for the SKS Rhino mentioned)?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had 20 Assault Clips and hundreds of bump stocks. They refused to buy them.

Liars.

I had a cheeseburger at People's in Lebanon. I thought of Churchmouse and how many Punch burgers I am owed. No where near the ammo rhino owes me. Using lawyer math, I calculate that CM owes me 7, but with the native westsider discount, it drops to 5.

I need to see your work.....it is the new way...:):

Any time Kirk.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. Opportunity costs=1 Punch burger

2. Driving to Crawfordsville=2 Punch burger

3. Having to deal with rhino=4 Punch burger

________

7 Punch burger

-2, Native Westsider burger credit

_________

5 Punch burger

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

________

7 Punch burger

_________

5 Punch burger

I see your work and approve. I totally forgot the Rhino part of the equation.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Any money not given to gun owners turning stuff in will be donated to “organizations supporting common sense gun laws”. I wish I had a pile of el-crap-o stuff laying around to get “bought back”. Easy way to keep money out of anti 2nd groups $25 at a time.

This his post had a screenshot of an article in it

Which article?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Didn't take any of your mags Kirk? What about CB and ATM, did you guys try and get a mag or two turned in?
    My LGS had a bunch of $5 30 round promags that would have been a prime candidate for $25 gift cards! I was thinking about this today while I was there actually.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

________

7 Punch burger

_________

5 Punch burger

And now here I thought a Rhino encounter was 2 boxes of 45 ACP... there must be a 45 ACP to Cheeseburger conversion chart around here somewhere...

Top Bottom