• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just home and getting ready to leave for a wedding.

Attending from INGO were:

cbhausen
    ATM
    Kirk Freeman
    rhino

There were maybe 20 others over the course of the two hours who were there to purchase or to potentially educate and engage in conversation about the individual's rights to keep and bear arms. We had people from Lafayette, Indianapolis, the Covington area, some locals, and even three people who came all the way from Crown Point!

Police were coming and going regularly for their duties. One officer was near the buyback table for a while, but I did not speak with him. The only interaction with the police that I noticed was me waving to guys I know. Churchmouse the Bully owes some cheeseburgers.

I wasn't keeping track of the stuff being brought in, but I saw maybe 10 people who brought something. At some point they decided to only trade Kroger cards if the magazine held more th30 rounds. Someone gave them a very nice SKS, but that seemed to be the only item of real value that was collected.

A reporter from FOX59 was there and he interviewed people from both sides. I expect an even-handed accounting of the scene from him!

The closest thing to "trouble" was one of the people involved in the buyback making some comments to the group as he passed. He said to someone in the group "gun are your god," and he just wasn't a very pleasant person.

By contrast, the churchi's pastor was very kind and pleasant. He had a big box of fresh donuts from a local bakery and be made a point of coming to our small groups to offer donuts and was genuinely a nice guy. If more people on that side of the rights issue behaved that way, the world would be a much better place. I never met him before today, but I like that man.

Obviously this person wasn't from the Church or he would have realized that guns are not God, but that God through Jesus tell us to arm ourselves. Luke 22:36

That thing about "let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one."

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    They didn’t seem to want anything I tried to turn in. After much soul-searching and deliberation I decided to send one USGI magazine to its death in the furnace at Nucor but they weren’t buying by then (they wanted +30-rounders by then having been educated that 30 rounds was the standard capacity for so-called “assault rifle”).

I then came back with a box of 5 AR-15 lowers telling them that indeed these are classified as firearms by ATF but they didn’t want those either (they wanted rifles, not parts). I guess I get to keep my stuff after all. I have some interesting interactions recorded with my body cam and I’ll have to do some editing and post them up for all of your enjoyment. The highlight of my day was being called a “real horses ass”, a mantle I will wear with pride.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    So what were they accepting.

Seems they lowered their standards to take any type of firearm somebody brought them but would only offer $25 per lot of magazines not individual magazines. Some lady brought in a crappy 22 pistol after waving at it at all of us on the way by which was a bit uncomfortable for us but they did buy it from her then pull the magazine to make their haul look more impressive. The big loss of the day if you can call it that was a nice Norinco SKS that went for $100 worth of groceries when someone offered the owner $250 for it in cash. The guy refused because he didn’t know the potential buyer. You simply can’t fix stupid. And I would add to that that you can only fix the ignorant if they are willing to listen.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seems they lowered their standards to take any type of firearm somebody brought them but would only offer $25 per lot of magazines not individual magazines. Some lady bought in a crappy 22 pistol after waving at it at all of us on the way by which was a bit uncomfortable for us but they did buy it from her then pull the magazine to make their haul look more impressive. The big loss of the day if you can call it that was a nice Norinco SKS that went for $100 worth of groceries when someone offered the owner $250 for it in cash. The guy refused because he didn’t know the potential buyer. You simply can’t fix stupid. And I would add to that that you can only fix the ignorant if they are willing to listen.

Uhhhh.....

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Okay, Kut...

Maybe I should add the potential buyer did explain the law and produce his LTCH and Indiana ID so yes he took a $100 grocery card instead of $250 cash with the police right there to observe the transaction. Good enough for you now?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Okay, Kut...

Maybe I should add the potential buyer did explain the law and produce his LTCH and Indiana ID so yes he took a $100 grocery card instead of $250 cash with the police right there to OK the transaction. Good enough for you now?

Ok, that IS different.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yeah, the guy pissed away $250 in cash for $100 grocery store gift card. Go figure. It would be understandable if the guy said he specifically wanted the rifle destroyed but he did not say that. Destroying one’s own property or giving another permission to do so is perfectly within his rights and I support that.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Okay, Kut...

Maybe I should add the potential buyer did explain the law and produce his LTCH and Indiana ID so yes he took a $100 grocery card instead of $250 cash with the police right there to observe the transaction. Good enough for you now?

Well if the dude had any sense he wouldn't have been there to begin with.

daltonace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2015
    covington
    I try to turn in some home built mess up, ar 15 lowers polymer the back broke on and i fixed and one the pins were messed up also a polymer with my friend i was turn away saying they were not buying parts I try to explain that the lower was a firearm he did not want to listen to me. But with all that I glad i went i meet a lot of good people and was very glad that i saw a lot of pro 2 amendment people that were very nice kind and respectful.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I try to turn in some home built mess up, ar 15 lowers polymer the back broke on and i fixed and one the pins were messed up also a polymer with my friend i was turn away saying they were not buying parts I try to explain that the lower was a firearm he did not want to listen to me. But with all that I glad i went i meet a lot of good people and was very glad that i saw a lot of pro 2 amendment people that were very nice kind and respectful.

Welcome to INGO and nice meeting you there.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Welcome to INGO Dalton.

Please post the video when you get it squared away CB I'd be interested to check it out.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Punch Burger? Is there not a Culver's anywhere close?

Culver's isn't bad, but I can find you way better places to get burgers from at the same price. Between the Bun in Greenwood, Punch Burger downtown are both very good, better than Culver's.

Don't get me wrong, when I am jonesing for a taste of Wisconsin, Culver's Cheese curds fit the bill. Also some of their supper club dinners as well. I really miss supper clubs.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I took $500 worth of Assault Clips, but the liars at the Church were not interested in saving the lives of children.

OK.....so on one hand I was correct. Not as advertised.
    On the other no one was cuffed today so I owe a few of you fellas a burger. Kirk and his spiffy math might have doubled down on me.

Top Bottom