• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    "Probably not a good idea" as mentioned several times upthread is based off a reality of what happened to an INGO member doing that exact thing.

It should never have been a problem in the first place, then or now, but it did happen. They have absolutely no business being involved or involving themselves.

For what it's worth, we only have stories of what happened in the past in different towns. We have no idea what level of involvement Crawfordsville PD will have in this or how they will conduct themselves.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    For what it's worth, we only have stories of what happened in the past in different towns. We have no idea what level of involvement Crawfordsville PD will have in this or how they will conduct themselves.

True.
    Just adding the context of why it's "not a good idea" and tying that in with guns r bad and stuff popular across the media today.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "Probably not a good idea" as mentioned several times upthread is based off a reality of what happened to an INGO member doing that exact thing.

It should never have been a problem in the first place, then or now, but it did happen. They have absolutely no business being involved or involving themselves.

It SHOULD GO something like this...

Church hosting "buyback": "We will buy your guns."

INGO guy: "I will buy you guns."

Church hosting "buyback": "help mr. police, he is buying our guns, stop him."

police: "He can buy them, its completely legal."

That HAS happened at other buy backs.
    It was jus the ONE.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    OK, I'm planning to head down to the Crawfordsville PD @ 11am Saturday (scheduled for 11-2) to see how many mags I can sell for $25/each and hang out for a bit with cash in hand to bid for any nice guns people might bring.

I'll wear a slung AR to invite discussion. ;)

Anybody else? rhino?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    OK, I'm planning to head down to the Crawfordsville PD @ 11am Saturday (scheduled for 11-2) to see how many mags I can sell for $25/each and hang out for a bit with cash in hand to bid for any nice guns people might bring.

I'll wear a slung AR to invite discussion. ;)

Anybody else? rhino?

They’re not paying cash for them; they’re giving Kroger gift cards. But I think I will show up in similar attire with a bunch of magazines just to stir the pot a bit. Maybe a wad of cash in hand in case something comes along I like. Maybe they will need an auctioneer LOL

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ha. Here’s an idea... We can use Kroger gift cards to bid for guns that show up. Anything over four gift cards is a money maker for the seller keeps the desirable guns from getting melted. This could be fun.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    I'm going to un friend you all.

I have a previous commitment. Good luck gents. Please post some pics.

[video=youtube;Aq_1l316ow8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_1l316ow8[/video]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It would be nice if one of our lawyers could be present, but not participating. If the police starting harassing our people he could step up, introduce himself and ask what law they were breaking. In return they could exchange his mags.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    GoFundMe for bail............I will get this started.....:lmfao:

I got your backs brothers.

Lol. I'm still trying to figure out why people are opposing a church buyback. I don't see how this affects gun owners. I think it's a good think that unwanted guns (that assumedly aren't carried) aren't stolen from people's homes and potentially used in crimes.

Top Bottom