• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Jay-zus boys, the Coov almost had Miguel down for the count! First full day of work in several weeks today.

It was the most bizarre illness I've ever experienced. Not sure what (if any) variant, since I never officially got tested. Almost went but on the pre-screen the online quiz said, "Are you about to give up the ghost?" and "Can you breathe OK?" to which my answers were always, "I really don't feel very good good but I can breathe just super and my temp is just a tick over 99F..." so I didn't think I should go and let 'em pad the stats. LOL

Overall, I have felt worse, much worse, at times in my life. I do not smoke or drink. Last time I had a beer was September. Just one (1) to mark an evert in the family.

Honestly, I would prefer to go through what I just did quarterly versus some of the flus I've had in the past 15-20 years or so. I think I could have self-managed a little better than I did, however.

Regarding the bizarre part...anyone ever see one of the original Hawaii 5-0 where McGarrett is captured by the Reds and they put him on some hallucinogenics to get him to talk? I swear I was taped to a chair with the Wo Fat working me over!!! :D Weird dreams about not being able to compile software or getting the "save" button to work on an open file. Zero appetite for about 10 days, too. I could taste things, yummy things, but just didn't want to put them down or spend energy chewing.

Overall, I am glad I did not get a shot as a trade off for the experience. That said, I do not want to discourage people from doing what they or their medical advisor recommend based on their personal history and world view. YOU must always feel like you have made "the right" decision for you and those you love.

Happy shooting!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Jay-zus boys, the Coov almost had Miguel down for the count! First full day of work in several weeks today.

It was the most bizarre illness I've ever experienced. Not sure what (if any) variant, since I never officially got tested. Almost went but on the pre-screen the online quiz said, "Are you about to give up the ghost?" and "Can you breathe OK?" to which my answers were always, "I really don't feel very good good but I can breathe just super and my temp is just a tick over 99F..." so I didn't think I should go and let 'em pad the stats. LOL

Overall, I have felt worse, much worse, at times in my life. I do not smoke or drink. Last time I had a beer was September. Just one (1) to mark an evert in the family.

Honestly, I would prefer to go through what I just did quarterly versus some of the flus I've had in the past 15-20 years or so. I think I could have self-managed a little better than I did, however.

Regarding the bizarre part...anyone ever see one of the original Hawaii 5-0 where McGarrett is captured by the Reds and they put him on some hallucinogenics to get him to talk? I swear I was taped to a chair with the Wo Fat working me over!!! :D Weird dreams about not being able to compile software or getting the "save" button to work on an open file. Zero appetite for about 10 days, too. I could taste things, yummy things, but just didn't want to put them down or spend energy chewing.

Overall, I am glad I did not get a shot as a trade off for the experience. That said, I do not want to discourage people from doing what they or their medical advisor recommend based on their personal history and world view. YOU must always feel like you have made "the right" decision for you and those you love.

Happy shooting!

Glad you are back in the saddle!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Happy shooting!
    The way some medical professionals are talking now, if you recover from Omicron yer pretty much done with the pandemic. Either way, glad you checked “no” on giving up the ghost.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Wife and I called it Covid brain. We found ourselves sitting in front of a blank tv. Just…. Staring. Closest I’ve ever been to being stoned. And I remember the thought of chewing made me tired.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    wife and I have been over the Covid for almost a week now…both of ours lasted about two days total. My wife didn’t, bit I have lost taste and smell and was wondering…how long did that take to come back for those who lost it? It’s annoying as hell, but it’s a helluva weight loss sensation…eating means nothing and I’ve lost about 10 lbs already.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    wife and I have been over the Covid for almost a week now…both of ours lasted about two days total. My wife didn’t, bit I have lost taste and smell and was wondering…how long did that take to come back for those who lost it? It’s annoying as hell, but it’s a helluva weight loss sensation…eating means nothing and I’ve lost about 10 lbs already.
    My taste/smell signal was like a wire with a short; sometimes it didn’t connect, sometimes full strength, sometimes low voltage - and completely erratic.

It seems to be normal now but probably was out completely for a week and then had the taste/smell wiring short for at least a week, maybe two.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I'm on week 4. My smell and taste were more similar to Drewski, not gone, but haywire. Taste is still "off", but much improved. I'm guessing another week or so before back to some semblance of normalcy. Smell is pretty much back. Was really strong the first 2 weeks, then almost went away and now is kinda normal. Been a very weird journey.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Glad to hear you pulled through fine miguel. I'm still recovering and can agree that it sucks, though I was as sick as I've ever been. Bizarre is an understatement and our hospitals and government officials are criminal in how they've denied access to cheap and effective medications.
    You know, I didn't even think to post about this at the time, but I can tell you about a week in I was thinking, "SOBs won't sell me Ivermectin!!!" :D

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You know, I didn't even think to post about this at the time, but I can tell you about a week in I was thinking, "SOBs won't sell me Ivermectin!!!" :D

A couple of great members sent me links, but my COVID brain couldn't figure it out. I tried a couple times and decided to keep with what I had. Had I been able to think straight and received some, I believe I would have been better in 1/4 the time, based on information I've read. Absolutely garbage that hospital systems won't let their Doctor's prescribe effective medication. Crime against humanity IMO.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Don’t know which variant it was, but my 4 and 6 year olds just tested positive. The 6 year old had a fever and threw up so they were both tested Saturday and positive. 6 year old tested negative yesterday and 4 year old today. 6 year old had a fever and vomiting for one night, 4 year old never so much as a sniffle. Wife and I in the clear so far. ‍

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Don’t know which variant it was, but my 4 and 6 year olds just tested positive. The 6 year old had a fever and threw up so they were both tested Saturday and positive. 6 year old tested negative yesterday and 4 year old today. 6 year old had a fever and vomiting for one night, 4 year old never so much as a sniffle. Wife and I in the clear so far. ‍♂️

Hope they've recovered well.

Top Bottom