• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I called it like I saw it and I stand by that. Like I said. I really don't wanna make it about you. I would rather discuss what Dr. Campbell has to offer. Instead you chose to make it about hypocrisy on the right over a title. No one else thought to do that. Hmmm....
    Say what you really mean there boss.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Say what you really mean there boss.
    I did. The way I looked at it you were directing your post toward other members as being hypocritical for referring to John Campbell as "Dr." and suggesting that they did'nt take Jill Biden seriously by offering her the same consideration.

What the hell did that have to do with the conversation about covid data? You introduced it.

(I know I can't demand that you call me "Dr. Boss" I don't have the credentials).

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I did. The way I looked at it you were directing your post toward other members as being hypocritical for referring to John Campbell as "Dr." and suggesting that they did'nt take Jill Biden seriously by offering her the same consideration.

What the hell did that have to do with the conversation about covid data? You introduced it.

(I know I can't demand that you call me "Dr. Boss" I don't have the credentials).
    Maybe you should go reread all of my posts, but this time don't just see what you want to see because you think I'm disagreeing with you or not far enough right for you.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Maybe you should go reread all of my posts, but this time don't just see what you want to see because you think I'm disagreeing with you or not far enough right for you.
    I did read enough of your posts. You yourself said your comment wasn't about the merits of what Campbell had to say. Instead, you chose to bring up the topic of the right's hypocrisy over a title when you know that there are a lot of right leaning members here. Why did you feel the need to do that other than to take a poke at them?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You guys all know that calling him Dr. Campbell isn't a whole lot different than calling the First Lady Dr. Biden, right?
    Looks to me like this is what started it. This was posted after a few posts citing Dr Campbell. I don’t really get why this was such egregious hypocrisy. Like ai said, I recall the INGO right-wing mocking the left around The time that Woopie infamously assumed she was a medical doctor. Whatever mocking they did of Jill Biden had more to donwith what team she’s on.

John Campbell is just an old, retired, medical professional. Not an MD, but qualified to talk about the things he’s talking about. He’s not right wing as far as I can tell, so people here aren’t fans because of that. He’s pro-vax, so they’re not fans because they agree with him about vaccines.

He just shows time-relevant data he finds interesting and talks about it and explains it in terms that laymen understand. And he seems to be honest about what he says. People trust him because he’s earned their trust. And the people who trust him span the political spectrum.

The people here call him Dr Campbell because they respect him. They don’t respect Jill Biden because she’s a political enemy. It really doesn’t have anything to do with with her degree. She could have 12 PhD’s and peoples here wouldn’t respect her. That’s not hypocrisy causing them not to call her Dr. She hasn’t earned their respect. He has.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks to me like this is what started it. This was posted after a few posts citing Dr Campbell. I don’t really get why this was such egregious hypocrisy. Like ai said, I recall the INGO right-wing mocking the left around The time that Woopie infamously assumed she was a medical doctor. Whatever mocking they did of Jill Biden had more to donwith what team she’s on.

John Campbell is just an old, retired, medical professional. Not an MD, but qualified to talk about the things he’s talking about. He’s not right wing as far as I can tell, so people here aren’t fans because of that. He’s pro-vax, so they’re not fans because they agree with him about vaccines.

He just shows time-relevant data he finds interesting and talks about it and explains it in terms that laymen understand. And he seems to be honest about what he says. People trust him because he’s earned their trust. And the people who trust him span the political spectrum.

The people here call him Dr Campbell because they respect him. They don’t respect Jill Biden because she’s a political enemy. It really doesn’t have anything to do with with her degree. She could have 12 PhD’s and peoples here wouldn’t respect her. That’s not hypocrisy causing them not to call her Dr. She hasn’t earned their respect. He has.
    Some of us are truly interested in Dr. Campbell's ongoing take on the covid data. Others maybe not so much. I wasn't the one to make it about a left or a right thing.

Personally, I have not seen the topic broached anywhere coming from the left over the right's hypocrisy specifically as to how it relates to Dr. Campbell vs. Dr. Jill Biden that mbills seems to think there is a possibility of If they catch us calling John Campbell "Dr"

The post I am referring to, the one you quoted is the first time I've seen the specific topic brought up here or anywhere else for that matter. IMO the discussion didn't elicit the political topic being brought up, but it unfortunately was. That was my only point.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I like John Campbell's vlogs because they are rational and based on evidence. And daily. He spends a lot of time attempting to help his fellow Earth people. Hard to quibble with that.

I am not all that fond of his marking words as he goes along ... a bit irritating, but that's a minor annoyance.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    He wasn't merely pointing out the level of education (and type) of a source of info as to further the discussion. He purposely chose to make it about hypocrisy instead in order to get in a good :stickpoke:IDK if you've noticed but he likes to do that.

That's about all I'm gonna say. I really and truly didn't want to make the discussion about mbills. I would rather discuss what DR. Campbell has to offer on the Covid situation.
    whether he did or not, who cares? (the reason)

INGO is very good on yelling about sources or qualification.
    Sounds like that's all he did.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    whether he did or not, who cares? (the reason)

INGO is very good on yelling about sources or qualification.
    Sounds like that's all he did.
    You're totally missing the point. It wasn't about the usual Ingo ballbusting over what sources that are used. It was about mbills introducing into the discussion the hypocrisy of the right using the term "Dr" and Jill Biden being dissed or whatever. He chose to turn the discussion into a right vs. left political one and I questioned why he felt the need to do it other than what I interpreted to be taking a poke at other members.

I do believe he would or has already called other members out for turning the discussion into a political one when it wasn't elicited. It was my opinion at the time that he made a conscious effort to take it political (talk about hypocrisy) in order to tweak right leaning members for being hypocritical over a stupid title.

Anyways I'm done with this detour. I'm more interested in what Campbell has to say about the covid data of which no one else has chosen up until that point to make it about right vs left politics. It had nothing to do with the ongoing discussion. It was about mbills turning it into Jill Biden being dissed by the right.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I like John Campbell's vlogs because they are rational and based on evidence. And daily. He spends a lot of time attempting to help his fellow Earth people. Hard to quibble with that.

I am not all that fond of his marking words as he goes along ... a bit irritating, but that's a minor annoyance.
    I’ve been watching his videos for more than a year. I like to think he helped me find some sanity in an increasingly insane world. He just has a genuineness about him that I think resonates with people regardless of where they are in the sane part of the political spectrum.

His marking the paper I think is a habit possibly from teaching. It became less annoying when I thought of it that way. I had an English professor in college that would teach from material shown on the overhead projector. As she lectured she’d mark it up similar to that.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I’ve been watching his videos for more than a year. I like to think he helped me find some sanity in an increasingly insane world. He just has a genuineness about him that I think resonates with people regardless of where they are in the sane part of the political spectrum.

His marking the paper I think is a habit possibly from teaching. It became less annoying when I thought of it that way. I had an English professor in college that would teach from material shown on the overhead projector. As she lectured she’d mark it up similar to that.
    Although it might be mildly annoying, I think he does it just to highlight a point. Other than that, I agree with your and Alpo's take about what Campbell brings to the table and those are the same reasons that I have been following him as well.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    272623122_5085767668121413_7511773919927773509_n.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Denmark is now ending many restrictions

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    This just in, from Ukraine, Biden and Putin have announced a cure for COVID-19 and all it's mutation. Total Global Nuclear War will begin next week.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Meh. Getting a doctorate takes time and effort, if Dr. Jill Biden wants to use it then whatever, as long as it isn't intentionally misleading. I have a doctorate, but I get weirded out if I have a student and they try to call me that ****.

All that aside, I'm not talking about giving credence to anything. I'm simply saying there were people on the right making fun of her being a doctor of any sort simply for the sake of belittling, so I was just mentioning the possibility that people on the left could very reasonably do the same about Dr. Campbell. Personally, if someone I don't know on a first name basis have a doctorate of any sort, I refer to them as " Dr. (Last Name)" until they tell me otherwise.

I thought I was the sacred cow, but I'd misheard. It was actual sacrificial.
    Uhhh, insisting that everyone must address you as 'doctor' is where the douchebaggery resides. That is why we mentioned it is appropriate to a professional setting, whereas in real life the general public reserves doctor for an MD

It just reeks of insecurity and inspires mockery

Reactions: oze

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It's funny, because at one time a long time ago, the medically decreed person was known as a Medicine Man or Medic and the PhD was called Doctor. As times changed, the MD (Medical Doctor) became to be called Doctor, and the PhD (Doctor of Psychology) just became Hey You with a hint of prestige.

Top Bottom