• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Actually it is very different. A PhD is regularly referred to as Doctor. I have never seen an Ed.D referred to as Doctor except in a teaching environment or when some bureaucrat School Superintendent insists on using it, but that's a relatively a new creation.
    I only see PhDs referred to as Doctor when they are in an environment when their PhD is relevant, but that's not really the point to me. Just pointing out that he isn't a medical doctor by any means. Also, while it is a PhD that he olds, it is in nursing education. As mentioned, that doesn't necessarily impact the merit of what he's saying, just pointing out the potential for a double standard.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "Deaths" have been going down since around Jan. 16th and just seen positives have started dropping since the 21st sharply now.
    Indeed.

On another note, compared to the "surge" last winter, there are about 1/2 the number of deaths even though there are almost 2 1/2 times daily cases compared to last year. Not only a lower death rate, but less deaths despite 2 1/2 times more positives.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I think it doesn’t matter as long as we don’t pull a Woopie. But, if Dr Campbell says that we should probably be aspirating when we apply these shots, I would tend to believe him based on his credentials, than I would Dr Biden based on hers. Also, I’d wager she’s much better versed in how to incorporate CRT praxis in primary education.
    Agreed, just mentioning a point of potential hypocrisy.

I did giggle with your example of aspirations. I've heard from some friends that nurses tend to be taught to aspirate on administration of any shot, but other health care professionals are not taught to do so. Interesting difference

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I did giggle with your example of aspirations. I've heard from some friends that nurses tend to be taught to aspirate on administration of any shot, but other health care professionals are not taught to do so. Interesting difference
    What do they mean about aspirating on administration of shots? I guess I've always thought of aspirating as a bad thing. As in "he aspirated his own vomit and died." :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Dr Campbell explained in a video some time ago about this, and as I recall he said that years ago everyone was taught to aspirate when giving a shot into the muscle to insure that you don’t hit a blood vessel. But then, I don’t remember what medical org started saying that this wasn’t necessary for children because it was very unlikely to hit one, for whatever reason. And then it sort of morphed into everyone over time in some of the teaching.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Heck, health professionals (doctors and nurses) cannot even agree on how to properly check blood pressure

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

You trying to start something again?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    What do they mean about aspirating on administration of shots? I guess I've always thought of aspirating as a bad thing. As in "he aspirated his own vomit and died." :):

Aspirate in this context is to pull out the plunger of the syringe a bit after needle is inserted. Essentially it's as Jamil mentioned below, to make sure you aren't in a blood vessel instead of muscle.
    Dr Campbell explained in a video some time ago about this, and as I recall he said that years ago everyone was taught to aspirate when giving a shot into the muscle to insure that you don’t hit a blood vessel. But then, I don’t remember what medical org started saying that this wasn’t necessary for children because it was very unlikely to hit one, for whatever reason. And then it sort of morphed into everyone over time in some of the teaching.

That's interesting. I did see some calling for aspiration on all COVID shots because of the potential for myocarditis. I don't know what merit it has, but it's harmless to do it so I did begin aspirating on vaccine administration.
    Heck, health professionals (doctors and nurses) cannot even agree on how to properly check blood pressure
    Lol good point.
    You trying to start something again?
    Yes...yes I am.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Aspirate in this context is to pull out the plunger of the syringe a bit after needle is inserted. Essentially it's as Jamil mentioned below, to make sure you aren't in a blood vessel instead of muscle.
    Ah okay. That makes sense. When I saw the bit about avoiding a blood vessel I began thinking that was the case.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So you don’t know what he has actually said because you haven’t actually watched any videos. But you spent all this time arguing over his education.

See I was taught when you don’t know what’s going on keep your mouth shut so you don’t sound so damn stupid.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    So you don’t know what he has actually said because you haven’t actually watched any videos. But you spent all this time arguing over his education.

See I was taught when you don’t know what’s going on keep your mouth shut so you don’t sound so damn stupid.
    Hmmm. I was taught not to be an *******.

I wasn't arguing over his education, and someone as intelligent as you should've realized that. I was pointing out some potential hypocrisy as I've said multiple times. Don't bother responding to me for my sake, not engaging you beyond this.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You guys all know that calling him Dr. Campbell isn't a whole lot different than calling the First Lady Dr. Biden, right?
    Ahhh, but he is an academic and emergency qualified nurse and has been an educator to nursing students - so there is a quite strong medical tie-in

'Doctor' Jill Biden is a PhD educator, also - but she taught high school

You know Fauci is an internist and not a virologist, yes?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Ahhh, but he is an academic and emergency qualified nurse and has been an educator to nursing students - so there is a quite strong medical tie-in

'Doctor' Jill Biden is a PhD educator, also - but she taught high school

You know Fauci is an internist and not a virologist, yes?
    Refer to previous post. I was at no point discussing merit or qualifications to speak on a topic, just hypocrisy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members