• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Looking at my wholesale cost on ivermectin, I'd say it's actually pretty close when you compare a treatment course to a treatment course.
    Ivermectin is primarily a treatment and the vax is a preventative, right?

I don't see governments worldwide mandating ivermectin...nor are its manufacturers posting record breaking sales and profits...

And to that end, I paid out of pocket for my ivermectin whereas the government is paying for the covid jabs. Wait a minute...I paid for your covid vax. Your welcome!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Ivermectin is primarily a treatment and the vax is a preventative, right?

I don't see governments worldwide mandating ivermectin...nor are its manufacturers posting record breaking sales and profits...

And to that end, I paid out of pocket for my ivermectin whereas the government is paying for the covid jabs. Wait a minute...I paid for your covid vax. Your welcome!
    That is all accurate. If ivermectin were being used at the rate of vaccine, the profits would be astronomical on that as well.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That is all accurate. If ivermectin were being used at the rate of vaccine, the profits would be astronomical on that as well.
    How do we know just what the vaccine costs? I would expect you to be able to look at the wholesale pricing on ivermectin pretty easily, but how would we have any idea what the cost of the vaccinations and boosters with all the government involvement?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    How do we know just what the vaccine costs? I would expect you to be able to look at the wholesale pricing on ivermectin pretty easily, but how would we have any idea what the cost of the vaccinations and boosters with all the government involvement?
    Well the government is ultimately where the funding is coming from (via mandate and direct payment) for reimbursing providers for administration fees, and I know what those are. Reimbursement is always tied quite closely to cost when government funding is involved, so I have a pretty good idea. Also,by the way.... What the government is paying per dose is pretty readily available online. I believe it's in the $20/dose range. Manufacturing cost (not factoring in heavily subsidized R&D) is probably around a dollar per dose. Maybe a little less for Pfizer, and probably a little more for Moderna.

Let's call a full vax course 3 vaccines ...you're looking at $57 profit. That's right on par with ivermectin COVID regimen profit I'd expect the manufacturer is making. Actually, the ivermectin margins might be a little better for manufacturer.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What’s the margin? I really don’t know. You probably don’t either. Would governments shield manufacturers from liability? To be honest they wouldn’t have to. Ivermectin appears to be safer than ibuprofin.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Well the government is ultimately where the funding is coming from (via mandate and direct payment) for reimbursing providers for administration fees, and I know what those are. Reimbursement is always tied quite closely to cost when government funding is involved, so I have a pretty good idea. Also,by the way.... What the government is paying per dose is pretty readily available online. I believe it's in the $20/dose range. Manufacturing cost (not factoring in heavily subsidized R&D) is probably around a dollar per dose. Maybe a little less for Pfizer, and probably a little more for Moderna.

Let's call a full vax course 3 vaccines ...you're looking at $57 profit. That's right on par with ivermectin COVID regimen profit I'd expect the manufacturer is making. Actually, the ivermectin margins might be a little better for manufacturer.
    Good info, thanks.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    If only government had had this heightened awareness prior to all the destructive BLM "peaceful demonstrations"...

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Has anyone heard from @wtburnette the last couple days? Last I heard his oxygen was low and was having a rough time... hoping he’s doing ok.
    Even though Omicron is supposed to be the dominant strain right now I'm wondering if it's possible that he may have gotten a remnant of Delta which was supposed to be more severe in terms of symptoms.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If only government had had this heightened awareness prior to all the destructive BLM "peaceful demonstrations"...

Funny how they make their decisions on enforcement

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    What’s the margin? I really don’t know. You probably don’t either. Would governments shield manufacturers from liability? To be honest they wouldn’t have to. Ivermectin appears to be safer than ibuprofin.
    On the vaccine for the manufacturer? See above but probably in the ballpark of $19 per dose.

If the US government were pushing ivermectin for treatment of COVID, it would likely be issued a similar EUA status specifically for the indication and, yes, would probably be shielded from liability. Obviously that's conjecture, but that's my thoughts.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Still a huge difference between The numbers of sick and the numbers of vaccinated. 70+% are supposed to be vaccinated.
    And only 39% are boosted. I have a hard time imagining vax rates will actually increase on an annual or semiannual shot.

However, I'm calling moving goal posts from the money crowd. I've made my point, there is plenty of money to be made in ivermectin.

Prevention is prioritized over treatment as a primary focus because it reduces overall health costs and hospital burden. However, anyone who says no one is focusing on finding treatments is either not paying attention or lying.

Top Bottom