• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I still have not seen any convincing evidence to support ivermectin. But, if there’s no downside and no other treatment available, why NOT let people have it? Even if they get some placebo effect, let them have it. I think it probably comes down to some doctors not wanting to look like quacks for prescribing a controversial medication.
    Do you really believe that most doctors could even prescribe it?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sure, but it doesn’t matter if they stand to make $1M off me getting vaccinated when I’m not going to do it and they’re going to make $0.

As to the other part, that’s a different argument. It sounds like the Merck Covid pill can be made cheaper but the FDA doesn’t force the lower price in the US, whereas the UN is forcing it in other countries. So the US could force the lower price at the cost of disrupting the free market.

Also, I read the study you posted and thought it was interesting. There wasn’t any mention of ivermectin, but they used HCQ, AZM, zinc, and low doses of vitamin D. The study says every patient in their study had low levels of vitamin D, and how big of a risk that is in hospitalizations. Maybe they should do another study to isolate the effect of just fixing the vitamin D issue.
    Speaking of “blind faith” you sure put a lot of trust in studies. They are all bought and paid for by someone. It has frustrated me for years that so many intelligent friends thought a study paid for by big oil, was tainted but a study paid for by the government was virginal and pure. They cannot understand that government had an optimal study outcome too.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    People here are getting it, so apparently they can. I’m not a doctor, so that would be a better question for Doc to answer. I don’t know how much oversight he has when prescribing things.
    I do not know doc’s affiliation and contract obligations. But remember when he posted the threats from his professional organization that they would pursue ethics violations if they even spoke against the orthodoxy, much less prescribe against them.

I also do not want to get him in trouble…

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Speaking of “blind faith” you sure put a lot of trust in studies. They are all bought and paid for by someone. It has frustrated me for years that so many intelligent friends thought a study paid for by big oil, was tainted but a study paid for by the government was virginal and pure. They cannot understand that government had an optimal study outcome too.
    Well, I read the studies and ask myself if they make sense. Like the one I mentioned above and the possible importance of the vitamin D deficiency. Most studies are also required to disclose financial interests and conflicts of interest. The one from Brazil is a good example of problems in that area. So I read and try to understand the studies so I can come to my own conclusions about them. Maybe that’s not perfect, but it’s better than Facebook memes or articles from sources that lean far right or left.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, I read the studies and ask myself if they make sense. Like the one I mentioned above and the possible importance of the vitamin D deficiency. Most studies are also required to disclose financial interests and conflicts of interest. The one from Brazil is a good example of problems in that area. So I read and try to understand the studies so I can come to my own conclusions about them. Maybe that’s not perfect, but it’s better than Facebook memes or articles from sources that lean far right or left.

The concern I have with the studies is those running them may be pure as the driven snow but corruption knows no bounds…

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Do you know how they are getting it? Sure as heck is not their big hospital family doctor.
    I went to my big clinic family doctor yesterday because I screwed up my rotator cuff lifting a snowblower. So of course I asked about Ivermectin. He wasn't even very familiar with it. He said all the COVID stuff gets referred to a group put together for that purpose. He did say he would look into it and I will ask him again the next time I see him, which should be in a week or so.
    Personally I doubt if I will be able to get a prescription for it this way but I thought it was worth a try.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I went to my big clinic family doctor yesterday because I screwed up my rotator cuff lifting a snowblower. So of course I asked about Ivermectin. He wasn't even very familiar with it. He said all the COVID stuff gets referred to a group put together for that purpose. He did say he would look into it and I will ask him again the next time I see him, which should be in a week or so.
    Personally I doubt if I will be able to get a prescription for it this way but I thought it was worth a try.
    Bingo! Saving face from admitting he can’t prescribe it…

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The concern I have with the studies is those running them may be pure as the driven snow but corruption knows no bounds…
    Can you at least point out things that seem inaccurate? Confounding variables? Conflicts? Otherwise you’re just dismissing anything that doesn’t say something you want to hear.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I know exactly how to get it and who generally is prescribing it. Are you saying the IU and St. V docs can prescribe it for covid treatment?
    I don’t know for sure, but my guess would be those doctors aren’t prescribing it/can’t prescribe it because there’s no evidence it works and the hospital doesn’t want the liability. I think certain things at my job should be allowed, but they’re not. Is that proof of a conspiracy, or just uniformity of best practices?

But if anyone who wants it can still get it, why does it matter so much where?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Can you at least point out things that seem inaccurate? Confounding variables? Conflicts? Otherwise you’re just dismissing anything that doesn’t say something you want to hear.
    Here's one to ponder........

Dr. Meryl Nass has uncovered a hornet’s nest of government sponsored Hydroxychloroquine experiments that were designed to kill severely ill, Covid-19 hospitalized patients. On June 14th Dr. Nass first identified two Covid-19 experiments in which massive, high toxic doses – four times higher than usual of hydroxychloroquine were being given to severely ill hospitalized patients in intensive care units.

The REMAP-Covid study is using the same HCQ dose as the Recovery trial for 6 days. But it is even worse for the following reasons:

1. You have to be close to death, either on a ventilator or in shock, on pressor medications, to be included in the trial, according to the trial documents. However, in a talk by Professor Anthony Gordon, HFNO, CPAP and NIV are additionally said to be inclusion criteria.

2. You may receive HCQ alone, or HCQ in combination with 2 more drugs, lopinavir/ritonavir. Yet lopinavir/ritonavir predisposes to QT prolongation, as does HCQ, and the drug label states, “Avoid use in combination with QTc- or PR-interval prolonging drugs.”

3. Patients who are in shock or on a ventilator may be unable to give their consent to enroll in a clinical trial. But the trial investigators have deemed that consent may not be required: “For patients who are not competent to consent, either prospective agreement or entry via waiver of consent or some form of deferred consent can be applied, as required by an appropriate ethical review body.”

4. For patients too sick to swallow a pill, the drug will be administered via a feeding tube. This could entail an extra procedure for patients.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Do you really believe that most doctors could even prescribe it?
    There are only a couple of limitations I could see (and this, health law representing physicians and hospitals in all contexts, is what I do). First, if the patient in inpatient in a hospital, the hospital may have internal policies regarding the off-label use of ivermectin in particular or off-label use of drugs in general. The latter would not be a general prohibition because off-label use is pretty common, but there may be levels of approval to get through. Second, a medical group a physician is employed by may have policies, but this is less likely.

For an outpatient, if a doctor wants to prescribe it, chances are he can. The real question is whether he wants to.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Why is Fauci where he is? He is the top virology expert in the country is what they would have told you pre covid. How does big tech decide what viewpoints they allow and viewpoints they do not? How do or top schools and labs determine what they will and will not study? How they will conduct those studies? What studies they do perform will they publish?

The answer is peer pressure. Have you seen what they do to those that step out of line? They control all aspects of the study game. If you believe the studies you see are the spectrum you are duped, with a few exceptions, you only see the spectrum they want you to see, particularly in new studies…

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Good read ......

Both the Indiana Pharmacists Association and the Indiana State Medical Association decried the bill as “dangerous,” particularly the part that would prohibit providers from discouraging patients from using the treatment.

“Pharmacists, and all health care professionals, should be free from government interference in the professional advice they provide patients,” the Indiana Pharmacists Association’s executive vice president Darren Covington said in an email. “This bill would set a dangerous precedent by having the government substitute its own medical advice for that of a trained, health care professional. “

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    This doesn’t sounds good to me.
    “These disturbances are shown to have a potentially direct causal link to neurode generative disease, myocarditis, immune thrombocytopenia, Bell’s palsy, liver disease, impaired adaptive immunity, increased tumorigenesis, and DNA damage.”

there is also this

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don’t know for sure, but my guess would be those doctors aren’t prescribing it/can’t prescribe it because there’s no evidence it works and the hospital doesn’t want the liability. I think certain things at my job should be allowed, but they’re not. Is that proof of a conspiracy, or just uniformity of best practices?

But if anyone who wants it can still get it, why does it matter so much where?
    The people should be able to get what they want reasonably through their normal channels, including doctors and insurance. Not forced to deal with unknown doctors via phone and mail order. Then we have the additional issue of actually getting the scrip filled. Most pharmacies will not fill these, even if prescribed. I recently linked a doctors experience trying to get prescriptions filled for his patients.

Top Bottom