• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Never got tested, but I think I did have Omicron in January.

For me it was a bad (worst I can remember) congestion in my nose. Any medication just made it worse. Just like that after 3 days it was gone and I was basically ok. Nose ran for about a full week; I used up probably 4 boxes of kleenex.

I had Delta in July 2021.

Just this week my family is getting over the new variant. Wife started feeling sick Wednesday, along with our 2 year old. Wife tested positive Thursday. She had it bad for a few days. 101-103 fever, and was confined to bed basically 90% of the day. Youngest had a fever of 99-101, with a cough on and off. My middle son (5) ran a fever for like 12 hours and was done with all symptoms over night. Oldest son has coughed a few times, and nothing else. I had a fever maxing about 101 Saturday night, and bad congestion Sunday-Tonight. I feel like I'll be over it in a few days. Congestion is improving.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Never got tested, but I think I did have Omicron in January.

For me it was a bad (worst I can remember) congestion in my nose. Any medication just made it worse. Just like that after 3 days it was gone and I was basically ok. Nose ran for about a full week; I used up probably 4 boxes of kleenex.

I had Delta in July 2021.

Just this week my family is getting over the new variant. Wife started feeling sick Wednesday, along with our 2 year old. Wife tested positive Thursday. She had it bad for a few days. 101-103 fever, and was confined to bed basically 90% of the day. Youngest had a fever of 99-101, with a cough on and off. My middle son (5) ran a fever for like 12 hours and was done with all symptoms over night. Oldest son has coughed a few times, and nothing else. I had a fever maxing about 101 Saturday night, and bad congestion Sunday-Tonight. I feel like I'll be over it in a few days. Congestion is improving.

Good luck.

You have survived the worst affliction this planet has ever known.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Good luck.

You have survived the worst affliction this planet has ever known.
    I've got a frequent flyer card at this point. I wouldn't call it a plague, but it wasn't pleasant. Delta especially took me out for several days. Even when I thought I was capable of working from home, I found after the fact I'd make a few stupid mistakes.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I've got a frequent flyer card at this point. I wouldn't call it a plague, but it wasn't pleasant. Delta especially took me out for several days. Even when I thought I was capable of working from home, I found after the fact I'd make a few stupid mistakes.
    I understand that. I had the og variant in March 2020, then we had Delta in December 2021. Wife still has a lingering cough on that and hasn't regained full sense of taste and smell. Delta took her down for about 3 weeks. I was down about 4 days and tired for another week after. It sucked but was easier on round 2.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I understand that. I had the og variant in March 2020, then we had Delta in December 2021. Wife still has a lingering cough on that and hasn't regained full sense of taste and smell. Delta took her down for about 3 weeks. I was down about 4 days and tired for another week after. It sucked but was easier on round 2.
    Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like your wife may have what they call "long covid" where remnants liger on for awhile. Hope she's able to shake it.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like your wife may have what they call "long covid" where remnants liger on for awhile. Hope she's able to shake it.
    Nothing to be sorry about. We got it, we survived. What sucks is that we can't take a cruise now because we don't have shots. That makes us both angry and the cruise lines have literally lost thousands of dollars from us because of it. We would have taken 2 by now had they not gone all stupid

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Nothing to be sorry about. We got it, we survived. What sucks is that we can't take a cruise now because we don't have shots. That makes us both angry and the cruise lines have literally lost thousands of dollars from us because of it. We would have taken 2 by now had they not gone all stupid
    I was basically saying sorry to hear about your wife still having lingering effects and I wished her well. And that sucks about what the cruise line is doing denying you from doing something that the both of you obviously love to do and are willing to spend a lot of money to do it because that's how much you enjoy it.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I was basically saying sorry to hear about your wife still having lingering effects and I wished her well. And that sucks about what the cruise line is doing denying you from doing something that the both of you obviously love to do and are willing to spend a lot of money to do it because that's how much you enjoy it.
    She was always a high risk case anyway. Severe asthma, allergies, (I will deny this) overweight and has always gotten sick easily. Her stubbornness and fear of needles kept the shots away from both of us and as time has gone on I'm glad. Other than the double standards and things we are no longer allowed to do because we didn' want to be someones lab rats I don't regret it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    She was always a high risk case anyway. Severe asthma, allergies, (I will deny this) overweight and has always gotten sick easily. Her stubbornness and fear of needles kept the shots away from both of us and as time has gone on I'm glad. Other than the double standards and things we are no longer allowed to do because we didn' want to be someones lab rats I don't regret it.
    I get that and I understand that you are really disappointed that you are no longer allowed to do what you love to do. I gather that it was important to do those things because you are at a point in your lives that you want to enjoy spending time together doing the things you love to do. But I also understand your point about not being someone's lab rats and I can totally respect your decision not to be.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Personally, I see no benefit at this point in getting the shots. If that means I can't go on cruises or whatnot than so be it.

The vaccines aren't beneficial in preventing the spread of the virus, and they don't stop you from getting the virus. They just stop you from getting seriously ill. At this point I've had it three times so I've got to have at least as much immunity as someone with the vax.

No issue with people who get the vax, it's just not for me.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I get that and I understand that you are really disappointed that you are no longer allowed to do what you love to do. I gather that it was important to do those things because you are at a point in your lives that you want to enjoy spending time together doing the things you love to do. But I also understand your point about not being someone's lab rats and I can totally respect your decision not to be.
    We stayed DINK's so we could enjoy our lives and do what we wanted. We all lost 2 years of our lives to this bs and I think its about time to move on.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    We're in the same boat, except not the Viking River Cruise we wanted to start with in Portugal. These companies that play the woke game are laughable and it's a failing business plan. Just like the airlines, stupid is costing them millions. We're traveling the US in the van in my avatar instead.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Personally, I see no benefit at this point in getting the shots. If that means I can't go on cruises or whatnot than so be it.

The vaccines aren't beneficial in preventing the spread of the virus, and they don't stop you from getting the virus. They just stop you from getting seriously ill. At this point I've had it three times so I've got to have at least as much immunity as someone with the vax.

No issue with people who get the vax, it's just not for me.
    That seems like a darn good reason to get.

YMMV.

FWIW, Our pastor had it hard at the beginning - week out of the pulpit; he just got it again.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That seems like a darn good reason to get.

YMMV.

FWIW, Our pastor had it hard at the beginning - week out of the pulpit; he just got it again.
    What does this have to do with anything? No one denied the Chinese dumped this thing on the people of the planet, it is sadly here forever. We are all susceptible to this. Why do so many vaccinated get it?

Top Bottom