• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Looks like you need Lock-It Tattoo Concealer, Snapdragon. It's available at your local Sephora (I think many JC Penney's have Sephora shops in them). Kat Von D does it and it looks like it works.

Lock-It Tattoo Concealer - Kat Von D | Sephora

Tattoo%20Cover%20Up%20Kat%20Von%20D%201.jpg

OK, that's pretty impressive...but, i find myself asking how many bottles it took for the above before/after.

The concealer is sold in 0.58 oz bottles for $25...lets be conservative and say 1 bottle would cover her entire forearm area, wrist/hand included. That's about 8-10 bottles for the entire body (probably more)...so she's spending $200-250 every time she needs to cover-up?

Yes i realize that she would never actually use the stuff and her name is on it so it would be free...yada yada,...that's just how my mind works :):

SD...where on your forearm is the tattoo? Inside (close to body) vs outside? Closer to the wrist or elbow? How big (silver dollar size or softball)?

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    OK, that's pretty impressive...but, i find myself asking how many bottles it took for the above before/after.

The concealer is sold in 0.58 oz bottles for $25...lets be conservative and say 1 bottle would cover her entire forearm area, wrist/hand included. That's about 8-10 bottles for the entire body (probably more)...so she's spending $200-250 every time she needs to cover-up?

Yes i realize that she would never actually use the stuff and her name is on it so it would be free...yada yada,...that's just how my mind works :):

SD...where on your forearm is the tattoo? Inside (close to body) vs outside? Closer to the wrist or elbow? How big (silver dollar size or softball)?

2"X3"

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North

That's what I was thinking. I had a friend who used some tattoo cover for her neck and arms. She would use nearly 1 of those small bottles on it and they ran like $20 each. It looked like those little perfume sample bottles.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have some dermablend, and it works pretty well, but it' pricey and time-consuming. Ideally I'd like to find some kind of patch that I can slap on.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I knew a lady who worked for the post office, she just cut the stretchy cuff off of socks and wore it on one forearm. This way you can pick out a wide variety of colors and it's very simple to put on and take off.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Put a tat in your neck, they won't notice the one on your arm then! , , another problem solved!

lol, I have a lot of friends with a lot of tattoos. One girl has about 20 facial piercings, full sleeves all the way down to the back of her hands, and neck tats clear up behind her ears. And these all look like the were done by an artist having a seizure.

The other day she was whining, as she always does, that it's no fair she can't find a good job. I reminded her that even if an employer looked past her exterior, they'd have to face the fact that she was very lazy and unable to follow the simplest tasks without picking up her phone and texting someone about something that has nothing to do with her job. After a few more comments from me about her terrible work ethic she kindly stopped drinking my beer and left in a fit. lol

Point being, if you can hide something that might prevent you from advancing in employment, do it! Then use your chance to wow the employer with a great work ethic.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    One more vote for long sleeves. I mean, in my profession, on a court day, i have to wear long sleeves and a jacket all day long no matter the heat. Honestly, it's not that big a deal. It's got the advantage of being simple and not raising questions.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    One more vote for long sleeves. I mean, in my profession, on a court day, i have to wear long sleeves and a jacket all day long no matter the heat. Honestly, it's not that big a deal. It's got the advantage of being simple and not raising questions.
    And if you work indoors with air conditioning it's not that uncomfortable. My wife had a huge fancy dinner and award banquet in Orlando in the middle of July. I had to wear long sleeves for 3 days. As long as I was inside, it really wasn't a problem. Cheap way out might be long sleeves!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    Snapdragon, coming from a guy with ~40+ hours on me, alot of it on my arms. When I first started getting them and needed to cover the ones on my forearms seriously the sweatband was the simplest and easiest way. I had a similar reaction of "really sweatbands" ? but there are lots of colors and styles . For instance when wearing blue , I would wear a blue sweatband.
    Im one of those guys that when wearing my scrubs and a long sleeve shirt most people have no idea, but when wearing shorts and a tank top some of those same people give me that "look".

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Snapdragon, coming from a guy with ~40+ hours on me, alot of it on my arms. When I first started getting them and needed to cover the ones on my forearms seriously the sweatband was the simplest and easiest way. I had a similar reaction of "really sweatbands" ? but there are lots of colors and styles . For instance when wearing blue , I would wear a blue sweatband.
    Im one of those guys that when wearing my scrubs and a long sleeve shirt most people have no idea, but when wearing shorts and a tank top some of those same people give me that "look".
    You people with lots of tattoos scare me!:runaway:

Top Bottom