Coughing like a madman right now. Any surefire natural remedies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    I actually have no alcohol in the house. Not a drinker. My prescription is codeine based, but not helping. Usually wouldn't care, but coughing all night. And I can't cough quietly, so keeps up everybody else.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I actually have no alcohol in the house. Not a drinker. My prescription is codeine based, but not helping. Usually wouldn't care, but coughing all night. And I can't cough quietly, so keeps up everybody else.
    I don't drink regularly either but I always keep a bottle of whiskey in the freezer. The burn normally helps soothe the throat for me.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If codeine based cough syrup isn't working you've got it bad. If you don't have codeine or similar based cough syrup your doctor sucks.

no, your advice sucks. why do you always push drugs, and expensive ones at that? codeine sucks. no better than placebo.

Codeine and cough: an ineffective gold standard
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1071121/

albuterol. if you exhale forcefully do you get into a spasm of coughing until you gag? bronchospasm. albuterol

did you have a URI last week? post-infectious bronchospasm lasts up to a month. bronchospasm cough is worse at night

Last edited:

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    no, your advice sucks. why do you always push drugs, and expensive ones at that? codeine sucks. no better than placebo.

albuterol. if you exhale forcefully do you get into a spasm of coughing until you gag? bronchospasm. albuterol

Worse when I lie down, even though I do what I can to get out any drainage. Don't have albuterol. Looks like I'm either strapping a pillow to my face, or sleeping in the car. (Not my wife's idea. All mine out of courtesy.) Ha ha!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

Medical Myth: Myth

:+1: on the codeine.

I didn't read your linky, but trials and guidelines used to teach us in school indicate that codeine is no better than DXM which is no better than water.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I've had this damn cough for about a month now. I started drinking lots of water,( which I rarely do) and breathed in a lot of steam. It seems to be helping. Good luck, if you have what I had, you'll need it!

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County

Medical Myth: Myth

did you have a URI last week? post-infectious bronchospasm lasts up to a month. bronchospasm cough is worse at night
    Oh, and if it helps pinpoint anything, my voice was COMPLETELY gone Wednesday and Thursday.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom