Coughing like a madman right now. Any surefire natural remedies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Albuterol is delivered via nebulizer machine and you inhale the vapor/mist through a mask or tube.

Call your doc and get in to see him. Piece of cake to get and not expensive. The only trick is you have to have a nebulizer but I think they aren't expensive and some places rent them. I'd let you borrow mine of you were closer. Maybe if you head that direction another INGOer in your area might have one you can borrow.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Almost every health problem I've ever had can be attributed to not drinking enough water. It truley is the elixir of life!

Agree completely! For any of you that remember my thread about back pain, I can add to that. Before I had those surgeries, drinking a ton of water did help pain slightly in the beginning stages. From what I understand, the water helps to "reinflate" the degenerated discs. Now they have been replaced with plastic, so water wouldn't do much for that now.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Albuterol is delivered via nebulizer machine and you inhale the vapor/mist through a mask or tube.

Call your doc and get in to see him. Piece of cake to get and not expensive. The only trick is you have to have a nebulizer but I think they aren't expensive and some places rent them. I'd let you borrow mine of you were closer. Maybe if you head that direction another INGOer in your area might have one you can borrow.

hah, posted same time. site won't let me rep you :(

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County

post infectious bronchospasm :) got any friends with albuterol and a nebulizer machine? steroids can help like prednisone

I'll get with the doc on that if I'm still hacking tomorrow. I do have left over steroids from my back issues though.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Isn't albuterol the main ingredient in asthsma spray inhalers?

Yes, and it would probably help some, but it's more about delivery to the right areas when using neb. solution vs. inhaler. Nebulization will get prolonged contact into the alveoli far better than an inhaler would. Doc can elaborate more on when each is superior, I'm sure.

ETA: If he wants to, that is. :laugh:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    [

Isn't albuterol the main ingredient in asthsma spray inhalers?

usually. used to be $9 at Walmart until EPA said carrier molecule is evil. now it's $45. jerks.
    nebulizer solution is $4 for 75 doses at walmart. need a script to buy machine though.

nebulizer will work better than inhaler mainly because no one uses them correctly. you absolutely need a spacer and need to do a maximal breath and hold as long as you can. many people just spray the top of their mouth and continue to breathe :facepalm:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    [

usually. used to be $9 at Walmart until EPA said carrier molecule is evil. now it's $45. jerks.
    nebulizer solution is $4 for 75 doses at walmart. need a script to buy machine though.

nebulizer will work better than inhaler mainly because no one uses them correctly. you absolutely need a spacer and need to do a maximal breath and hold as long as you can. many people just spray the top of their mouth and continue to breathe :facepalm:

:laugh: Have you seen the House episode where the lady shows him how she's using the inhaler?

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Prune juice. 16oz.

Well, it won't actually stop the cough, but you'll be too afraid to do it...
    :laugh:

th

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    For over the counter stuff, we use Mucinex DM. Not sure what is in it, but it helps a lot. Gets us through the night with out much coughing. Last time my girlfriend was goughing like that, she took some and within 20 minutes, it all but stopped and she was able to sleep.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    For over the counter stuff, we use Mucinex DM. Not sure what is in it, but it helps a lot. Gets us through the night with out much coughing. Last time my girlfriend was goughing like that, she took some and within 20 minutes, it all but stopped and she was able to sleep.
    It works very well for me as well. Taking it as we speak.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Plenty of water and/or herbal tea. Raw, natural honey and lemon juice in tea or warm water. Essential oils, topically, or in a diffuser. I like Thieves Oil as an overall essential oil for colds, coughs, and such, or eucalyptus oil. They should be 100% essential oils, not fragrance oils.

Big Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Take a spoon full of honey raw then drink tea with honey and lemon. Real honey from someone that raises bees.

Top Bottom