Dec 9, 2011
    yq8jcBZ.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I liked Herman Cain. I was going to vote for him, but living in Indiana has meant that I have seldomly gotten to vote, even in a primary, for the candidate of my choosing. (I wrote in Ben Carson in 2016 even though he had dropped out).

Good man. He will be missed, but I gather that he is now doing better than ever.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    BREAKING: Former presidential candidate Herman Cain has died after being hospitalized with COVID-19, his family says - NewsMax

Sorry to hear. I thought his 999 plan was insane, but that has nothing to do with the man's value as a person.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    For whatever reason, our positivity and cases ticked down a bit the last few days. I don't know what's going to happen with some schools back in session.

I'm concerned about the focus on "positivity rate." That's a metric that depends on certain assumptions, primarily that there isn't a statistical bias in the testing. Like, for instance, predominantly testing symptomatic people. That will lead to more positive tests as a percentage of tests given.

Now, if we're testing all exposed people, as part of a contact tracing regime, then I'm kinda better with that. Yeah, it'll be higher than the population at large, but it will represent the percentage of people exposed who end up positive. That's a good number to know.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I have a medical appointment tomorrow for my all-too-frequent skin cancer and they told me I would be tested for wuhuflu. Now they can't get results back in time to affect anything for this appointment or treatment which will probably just be biopsies but I suppose it will give them information for the follow up appointments when they do the cutting and stitching.

I have never been tested before. I have heard it is uncomfortable but not painful. Kinda makes your eyes water.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I have a medical appointment tomorrow for my all-too-frequent skin cancer and they told me I would be tested for wuhuflu. Now they can't get results back in time to affect anything for this appointment or treatment which will probably just be biopsies but I suppose it will give them information for the follow up appointments when they do the cutting and stitching.

I have never been tested before. I have heard it is uncomfortable but not painful. Kinda makes your eyes water.

Ever had a bit of food stuck up your nostril? It feels pretty much like that, for a few seconds.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

The last time my doctor got that deep in my sinuses he wished he had a vice to keep me from squirming and whimpering.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The last time my doctor got that deep in my sinuses he wished he had a vice to keep me from squirming and whimpering.

Point of clarification: a vice can keep you from whimpering?

How much would something like that cost? Asking for a moderator.

;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom